Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaiAndOh

Team St1ckbug Bi-weeklies Brooklyn, NY 9/25, BBCS and GGAC

Game PAD, Inc.

6727 Bay Parkway

Brooklyn, NY 11204

Phone: 718-837-6604

So yeah, sick of being a side event? An afterthought? Subject to dumbass seeding playing the guy who lives 2 blocks away first round? Fuck that shit, me and Biscuits are taking over.

This tournament WILL NOT be run using Tonamento.

Because we are using competent software that doesn’t depend on an internet connection, in the unlikely event a mistake is made, we can fix it.

You will also NOT play your friend in the first round, because if our random seeding does this, we can fix it.

This tournament is NOT a side event to SSFIV. This community is the top priority, and the only community that is attending. Thus, this tournament will be run as efficiently as our resources allow.

This tournament is looking to be made into a potential bi-weekly series but depends on your attendance and support.

Games

BBCS 2v2 starts at 2:00 ($5 per person, $10 total) (PS3)

GG XX AC 2v2 starts at 4:00 ($5 per person, $10 total) (PS2)

In addition Venue fee $5 – goes to Gamepad to hosting, TO’s are volunteering. Pre-tournament and on TVs that aren't being used for the tournament casuals are cool. Just pay venue fee to do so. Venue opens at 12.

Supplying extra copies of the games is cheap and effortless, and helps these tournaments so much, Game Pad has the consoles and TVs we need, though more are appreciated, especially if you play Makoto/Mu.

Gamepad has house sticks, don't worry 360 players.

BBCS 2v2

2 out of 3 rounds.

The teams format is the same that SBO is using. “2v2 is done “waseda style”, meaning that each team’s person A plays, then regardless of the winner, each team’s person B plays. After that, both players on the same team won, that team advances, and the other team loses. If one player won on one team, and another won on the other team, then the two players who won fight each other, and the winner of that advances” - Heartnana

Double Elimination.

Characters used must be registered beforehand – no changing characters mid tournament.

The same character cannot be used by both teammates.

GGXXAC 2v2

2 out of 3 rounds.

Double elimination.

2 out of 3 rounds.

The teams format is the same that SBO is using. “2v2 is done “waseda style”, meaning that each team’s person A plays, then regardless of the winner, each team’s person B plays. After that, both players on the same team won, that team advances, and the other team loses. If one player won on one team, and another won on the other team, then the two players who won fight each other, and the winner of that advances” - Heartnana

Double Elimination.

Characters used must be registered beforehand – no changing characters mid tournament.

The same character cannot be used by both teammates.

$1 side tourny, EX Slayer mirror round robin? HYPE.

Yes I know that it's 3 weeks. Jewish holidays the venue actually getting used for other things. I plan at least two tournaments per month though as long as we get attendance.

As of now, streaming will be handled by this tournament by Sp00ky of Team Sp00ky. Much thanks to him helping to bring exposure to these games, so make his time and effort worth it.

LINK TO STREAM: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/teamspooky

http://shoryuken.com/content/10-ways-help-your-local-fighting-game-community-1876/ -> a great article on how you can help continue to make these tournaments the best they can be. Just take 2 minutes to read it.

1st one went pretty well, 7 teams in both games, around 22 unique players. Most of the people who care in NY showed up, so now I look across to NJ to increase attendance.

Get fucking hype, and show everyone that people actually do play these games.

I' will definitely be there, would you want me to bring a memory card for EX slayer?

(GG is not dead(:thumbu:''):thumbu:)

Sure, I may forget mine again.

This time I will make it, just got really shit luck last time. I can bring an extra ps2/gg/mem card if necessary. Cant wait to get abused by everyone and verbally abused by biscuits.

I should be able to stream this one hit me up on irc. Why don't you do singles instead of teams youd encourage a bigger turnout.

i dunno why biscuits wouldnt want to run singles its not like he.. oh. right.

Funny story about that. I actually polled everyone there for both games (naturally only people playing in each game voted for each) and in both cases, teams turned out to be the preferred format. I'm always willing to be flexible if people make their voices heard though. I'll poll again after this tournament I guess as well to see what people want.

How should get to you on IRC? I've only used it for chat rooms before, do you mean being in a specific room? Nevertheless, awesome news :D

just tell stickbug to get at me he has my number and info. Did you guys use the hdtv on the left in gamepad.

Yeah, we used all 5 TVs.

i dunno why biscuits wouldnt want to run singles its not like he.. oh. right.

It wasn't up to me, I actually wanted singles. Last tourney we took a vote and everyone preferred teams. Niggas went as far as saying they wouldn't enter if it were singles.

If you want you can come through and I'll play you for my team winnings after Josh carries me again...

:kitty::kitty::kitty::kitty::kitty::kitty::kitty::kitty::kitty::kitty::kitty::kitty::kitty::kitty:

if im coming out to this this shit has to start on time, fools are gonna be 3 hours late they get a dq. Let's keep it real fellas im a busy man if you haven't noticed.

Ok, the venue on tournament days opens at 12 rather than 12:30. I'll update OP.

and yeah....first tournament and it was Chazz's birthday that weekend, but let's try to make it on time. Not like I'm asking 10 AM or some shit.

you've had more then one?

dayum good shit

salty cuz ya main game went POOF! after evo.

it's cool, I understand.

edit: yea, everyone show up on time plz. It starts at 2pm, plan to be there by 1:30 latest.