Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mikachiru

[CT-CS2] Carl Clover Loke Test

コンボの〆に3C>3Dやったりアニマ振ってガー不狙ったりしてれば勝手に死にます

According to a friend of mine, this line above says that you can setup - if well done - an unblockable with Carl by doing 3C > 3D and then using Anima. I won't translate it myself because I'm going to bed right now, so if someone with japanese knowledge could be kind enough to translate, that would be much appreciated.

Just leaving this here for discussion.

Aren't they both lows?

Unless 3D is a different move completly now?

And Anima is techable,right?

I don't get it.

My phone don't got Kanji either so I can't check.

Edit: 3C 3D picks up. If they tech Anima(assuming there is good stun) Samich Tiem.

If they don't tech Combo tiem.

Aren't they both lows?

Unless 3D is a different move completly now?

And Anima is techable,right?

I don't get it.

My phone don't got Kanji either so I can't check.

Edit: 3C 3D picks up. If they tech Anima(assuming there is good stun) Samich Tiem.

If they don't tech Combo tiem.

Couldn't they just jump out after the tech?

Anima needs to be a command grab.

Just putting that out there.

Anima on an opponent who's stuck blocking Cantata would be too damn funny. :yaaay:

Well no, that would be a purple throw like any other command grab. I think what Zong meant was that if the opponent wasn't in any sort of blockstun at all, then the throw should be untechable.

Well no, that would be a purple throw like any other command grab. I think what Zong meant was that if the opponent wasn't in any sort of blockstun at all, then the throw should be untechable.

I didn't know command grabs did that. :vbang:

Indeed.

I didn't know command grabs did that. :vbang:

The more you know. :eng101:

Examples:

Valk wolf command grab, Bang command grab, Tager 360/620, Lambda Astral.

Not sure if there are any more in the game. >.>

Arakune Air Super I guess?

Lol at that move anyway.

Thanks Zong. And now that you mention it, I did know that Tager's super becomes a purple throw if comboed into, I just didn't think about it I guess. :psyduck:

Yup.

The rule with command grabs is, you try and get them as soon as your opponent is out of blockstun.

This way they don't have time to jump, but can't tech either.

lol that'd be too broken...

corner, grab, allegretto back into corner... grab/tech trap into corner xN lol

Thinking out loud here. First off, I have never been good a blocking a burst. For some reason whether people just make bad bursts against Carl or what, but I'm constantly blocking bursts in NOC now. I even notice it in Jap vids. Well, with the new primer system and no more proration on guard breaks, we will have a list of characters with 2 primers after a burst. So, NOC bait burst immediate Fermata into a nicely low prorated combo. Not earth shattering or anything but still might come in handy.

No malice intended, but I thought I made that clear in my post. Sorry if I didn't. I meant low proration in the fact that you would probably have time to dash in 3C, J.2C for the lowest(I think) prorated combo possible.

Edit: Aww crap, I forgot about 3C :gonk:

Maybe not a burst-bait directly into fermata, but if you bait the burst and do a quick combo ending in 6C -> Fermata, that might be a valid set up. if they break the stun and Block it's a guard crushed, break stun and jump it's an air unblockable, don't break the stun and eat fermata anyways, probably into Blue-beat air-juggles.

6c staggers for 28 frames.

Still leaves them with a good 20 frames to do what they want (like grab you to use its invul to go through the super).

Maybe not a burst-bait directly into fermata, but if you bait the burst and do a quick combo ending in 6C -> Fermata, that might be a valid set up. if they break the stun and Block it's a guard crushed, break stun and jump it's an air unblockable, don't break the stun and eat fermata anyways, probably into Blue-beat air-juggles.

6c staggers for 28 frames.

Still leaves them with a good 20 frames to do what they want (like grab you to use its invul to go through the super).

Both have good ideas/valid points. I think its a good once in a while trick to do. Carl leaves a lot of room for creativity. I think this something to use on someone once. More than once if they don't know their options.

- Anima no longer has superarmour.

+ 8]D[ breaks 2 primers.

+ Fuoco (236]D[) guaranteed to come out.

- j2C bounces higher.

Discuss...

@Fuoco Likin' the shorter input, but any clue as to what "guaranteed to come out" means?

@j.2C Does this mean no more j.2C > j.C/B juggles?

@8D Ooh...Interesting...I think I'm diggin' this. Moar trolling potential? Is this 2 primers as in one for each hit or if you get hit by it at all it's automatically 2?

@Anima Aww....Well, nothing really lost I guess... ;-;

-Fuoco sounds like 623D or CT 8D where if Carl is hit or blocks the move still comes out. That's what I think.

-I think 8D is an automatic 2 primers. Otherwise Fuoco should take off like... 7 primers.