Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mikachiru

[CT-CS2] Carl Clover Loke Test

So that means no more 2D loops, but even without the kd we'd already lose 2D loop because in an earlier loc it was stated that the bounce from j.2C was increased.

Oh, well. It's a price to pay for all of the other tools at our disposal now. 3D pickup game, along with opponent not being hesitant to throw out a normal in fear of being FCH j.B'd. Our already versatile and scary Karuru has become even scarier. But, still...

Theory-Fighter-Banner.jpg

Soujiro your combos aren't feasible without some framedata tweaking (623c/cantabile doesnt combo into very many things without an RC).

What you want to look into is playing with your new toy j.c into 3d/4d/volante/JC delay j.2c mid air shennanigans (see Litchi's abuse of j.c for inspiration).

Soujiro your combos aren't feasible without some framedata tweaking (623c/cantabile doesnt combo into very many things without an RC).

What you want to look into is playing with your new toy j.c into 3d/4d/volante/JC delay j.2c mid air shennanigans (see Litchi's abuse of j.c for inspiration).

The change to cantabile makes it possible to hit with several things that don't need a rapid cancel, considering the longer untechable time.

Soujiro, go into training mode, set force counterhit to on and see if you can land any of those combos, starting off cantabile.

updates not in first post

Carl:

+ opponent cannot air tech after being hit by Cantabile

+ Brio wallbounces in corner, untech time after being wallbounced increased

I assumed they can't tech until they hit the ground. It's practically the same as CH cantabile in CS1. You can combo 5C after CH cantabile. Using nirvana to push you forward after 22D you'd probably be able to combo j.2C allecan as well.

Yeah, Varamathras I'll try them out to make sure.

it's feasible to slip 2D's into juggles with alle~can 5C 2D i think right? even if the new high bounce takes away j.2c jc right?

Cantabile > 22D > A vivace OHAI SANDWIC-*enemy rolls*

>:

OMG Geno you just gave me a great idea. With cantibile being untechable until they hit the ground, 5B 6B cantabile 22D (push nirvana forward) 3D vivace A :bad:. So we have a choice between going for damage or sandwich for resets.

Geno I love you, will you marry me? *Remembers we had our chance and you found someone else*. Sorry, I thought maybe....well I wasn't sure.....:gonk:

Cantabile > 22D > A vivace OHAI SANDWIC-*enemy rolls*

>:

At the very least you could do it off of IB 2A while you're cornered, so you only need to react to them trying to tech roll out of the corner with back throw < 2D, otherwise getting that sandwich pressure as wanted

Of course, in that situation you could get the same thing before with 3C 22D IAD j2C~ [whatever i want] 8D, and only do, oh, 3-4k more damage

OMG Geno you just gave me a great idea. With cantibile being untechable until they hit the ground, 5B 6B cantabile 22D (push nirvana forward) 3D vivace A :bad:. So we have a choice between going for damage or sandwich for resets.

Geno I love you, will you marry me? *Remembers we had our chance and you found someone else*. Sorry, I thought maybe....well I wasn't sure.....:gonk:

I have tried that set-up since CT, but air-techableness ruint it.

And sorry, I can't marry you.

Long distance relationships suck anyways. Speaking from experience here

Potential CS2 lazy resets:

CON, something like 5B 5C 6D j.C... (j.C only knocks down on air opponent right?)

into ...5B 2B 5B 6B Cantabile (if that works with the new gatling, if not drop the 2B 5B part in the middle, may have to walk Nirvana away from Carl to create space for it to connect, then move her slightly closer during opponents falling) 3D, which picks up into hits, or if it picks up into blocked hits then hopefully pushes opponent close enough to do 6C or IAD j.C allecan for cross up reset

or have Nirvana deactivated until after Cantabile (5B 2B 5B 6B Cantabile pushes opponent passed Nirvana into CNO) activate Nirvana after Cantabile connects, let opponent fall into 3D, but then you'd have to figure out how to get over there to continue, Vivace maybe, I think Nirvana would be too tall to IAD over, unless the lil squatting animation during 3D makes her temporarily short enough

Also with the new untechable time, will ...6B Cantabile allow enough time to connect Cantata on falling opponent? If so that may be the new way for Solo Carl to land Cantata outside of CH 3C

Last thing, about CT's Brio. If it wasn't air barrier blockable like Zoogs was suggesting, then I'm sure that it was something like air unblockable and air barrier unblockable, but you could block it with instant air block, or maybe only instant air barrier block. I could be wrong, but I swear I've seen it instant blocked back in the day while watching Japanese matches.

You couldn't IB clap.

I am fairly certain you couldn't IB Con Brio either. I remember people complaining that they wanted to do that but could not.

it's feasible to slip 2D's into juggles with alle~can 5C 2D i think right? even if the new high bounce takes away j.2c jc right?

to get that to combo, (currently) you need Nivana to do 2D before/at the same time you do j2C. (currently) Outside of starters, you probably don't have that situation, so its hard to say.

And since, if you're in allecan 5C situation, might as well go for volante/4D. J2C allecan 5C jB 2D might work, but probably will knock them too high for 2D to hit, might as well go for 8D.

Its hard to say if you'll ever even get into loop combos with the 3C changes, they gave it the back the CS float (so no more 3C jb jc 8d potential?) without the knockdown (so maybe you cant even do 3c j2c)...unless you go for 623C 2D/8D starter...

I must have missed the changes listed somewhere between the first post and the 150'th page (wishlists, bagging random players, hazama whine clogging it up)

Interesting change, Its most definetly workable.

to get that to combo, (currently) you need Nivana to do 2D before/at the same time you do j2C. (currently) Outside of starters, you probably don't have that situation, so its hard to say.

And since, if you're in allecan 5C situation, might as well go for volante/4D. J2C allecan 5C jB 2D might work, but probably will knock them too high for 2D to hit, might as well go for 8D.

Its hard to say if you'll ever even get into loop combos with the 3C changes, they gave it the back the CS float (so no more 3C jb jc 8d potential?) without the knockdown (so maybe you cant even do 3c j2c)...unless you go for 623C 2D/8D starter...

I do it on accident allot now so it's probably just fine to do it on purpose. Just wondered because Volante and 4D don't have the 102% proration.

The main thing 3C nerf does it make it harder to confirm random hits when Ada isn't near you to a loop via La Campanella + 3C. If you're already in sandwich pressure (which now seems easier to get from neutral for a variety of reasons) then Cantabile 5C 2D works fine.

I feel like if you're close enough to them you might still be able to jump cancel 3C into j.2c alle~can -> combos, just you wnt have enough time to complete the cross over of IAD j.2C alle~can. Presumably if you input it fast enough 3C->cantata/fermata should hopefully still work too. I'm just speculating but i hope they wouldn't make his trip completely useless.

vids please?

I feel like if you're close enough to them you might still be able to jump cancel 3C into j.2c alle~can -> combos, just you wnt have enough time to complete the cross over of IAD j.2C alle~can. Presumably if you input it fast enough 3C->cantata/fermata should hopefully still work too. I'm just speculating but i hope they wouldn't make his trip completely useless.

vids please?

Techable 3C means that people can emergency tech after 3C. This also means no follow up after 3C. So not even 3C gear/fermatta would work anymore. The only time a follow up would work is if someone tried to roll tech or delayed their tech. It'll blue beat though. If they emergency/quick-getup then nothing will combo, not even 3D. 3C j.2C allecan wouldn't work either.

In this vid Carl vs Jin at 16 seconds after 3C, the jin probably tried to tech roll or delay his tech, and he got caught in 3D. @ 28 seconds after the burst into 8D, the carl does 3C again. This time the jin emergency teched, and 3D didn't connect.

3D will pick them up if they try to delay their tech, or tech roll. That's why he has true oki now. They have no choice but to emergency tech if they don't want 3d to pick them up.

If you guys didn't know, Carl's combo rate is now 80%

WHAT??? Are you kiding me?. Shit shit shit. Why i think that Carl max damage will be like rachel in Cs. Fuck.

I was getting hype whit the changes until now.