Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mikachiru

[CT-CS2] Carl Clover Loke Test

Quick question? we still have j.2C to j.B or j.C gattilng?

apparently, at least j.2C > j.B works.

Oh!!! nice!! getting hype! myabe Carl is going to be a really powerfull character!

And? We have breack in the hat now? XD

Something being completely unblockable even with barrier is broken.

I'm surprised they even left that in CS1.

Yeah, yeah, we all feel that way when it's our character.

But you have a 1/18 chance of being the best character in the game, which is very unlikely.

I'd rather have a more balanced game, so if my character isn't top, I don't have to deal with the bullshit that the top characters dish out.

*cough*CS Litchi*cough*

*cough*CS Litchi*cough*

You're telling me. My only offline competition, other than driving an hour away for tournaments is my brother, who mains a very good Litchi. I've had to play her since BBCS was released. When dealing with that shit all the time, I need all the broke I can get.

@ zong ^^ lol yeah, the current top are made of 100 pure bullshit right now.

Hmm, i know j.B j.2C doesn't work, but does that mean that j.B dj.2C won't work either?

If it does, and assuming "the opponent falls at about the same speed as carl after j.C(vague, and I'm assuming they don't instantly fall to the ground but stay airbourne a bit before they hit the ground)", then 5B 5C cantabile 5C j.B j.C slight delay dj.2C allecan 5C sj.B dj.2C allegretto might work.

We might even be able to get 1 more extra rep of 5C j.B j.C slight delay dj.2C allecan in there.

@iokain

Nah 8D doesn't have to be unblockable. Especially in the current system. It would be broken. 2 Primers and bonus proration is more than good enough.

Hmm, i know j.B j.2C doesn't work, but does that mean that j.B dj.2C won't work either?

hmmmm....

o Basic solo Carl air combo now : anything into cantabile, C, jB, j2C, jB, jC, jB, allegretto

Ehhh..?

I was thinking of CS1. Lol, just like feri, I missed the fact that he got a new gatling

Since it does then we should still have the 6B j.B loop, just a revised version

[5B 6B j.B j.2C allecan] x n

Lol, am I the only one who doesn't feel like playing CS1 anymore? I hate knowing that it will be outdated by spring. Watching vids and getting hype for the new tricks will only make things worse. Damn you arc for wanting to milk nesica and not giving us the patch early.

Lol, am I the only one who doesn't feel like playing CS1 anymore? I hate knowing that it will be outdated by spring. Watching vids and getting hype for the new tricks will only make things worse. Damn you arc for wanting to milk nesica and not giving us the patch early.

Ya, I have a tourney in less than 2 weeks and I'm finding it realllly hard to put in the time I need to.

:kitty:

I don't want to play anymore either, lol.

Since I can't make it to final round, and there are no more majors coming up.

:[

so i was thinking. Who all remember's the old/bad summon combo from CT of cantabile(22d) 5b j.b j.b brio allegretto?

since Brio has that new Wall-Bind property, i can see a similar set up like that leading into some really mean corner-summon loops.

I'm wondering if j.C only knocks down on airborne opponents. The reason being when looking at the BBS I'm still seeing stuff that looks like j.2C j.B j.C on standing opponents and even the jump loop j.B j.C j.B.

For the former, I'm looking at this, where it seems like the guy says that for conserving nirvana gauge he's using "~ 6B> 6D> J2C> JB> JC> B> C> 3D"

And the latter, I'm looking at this, where it seems like the guy is saying he did the jump loop on Jin, but on the second repetition he could only hit the first j.B, or maybe it didn't combo after the first j.B.

I know there's a lot of gibberish there, because I was using google translate, but you can kinda get the gist of what's being said, or at least imagine some possibilities until we actually see some vids.

Here's the latest page of the untranslated BBS by the way.

Sorry if I end up being wrong, but I wanted to give hope to all those who were bummed out thinking they lost their precious 6D j.2C j.B j.C and jump loop combos

Thanks for the list Cassius. So far looking at the frame data (if I'm reading this right at all):

-5C's initial proration (P1) got nerfed from 100 -> 85

-j.B's P1 got nerfed from 100-> 90

-6D got a damage nerf and P2 nerf. The damage went from 960->760 and the P2 went from 85->80

-2D got a HUGE damage buff from 720->1220 but a P2 nerf from 90->80. Both of those are huge jumps

-4D got a damage buff: The first hit does the same amount of damage as CS1 but the second hit went from 780->880

-8D got a damage buff on the first hit. It went from 720->920. the second wave does the same as CS1. Initial proration of the first wave also got increased from 85->90. For P2 the first waves proration got buffred from 85->92 but the second wave's proration got nerfed from 90->80

-Brio's damage was buffed. The first hit does the same damage as CS1 but the second hit went from 800->1000

-Anima's damage was buffed from 1500->1800 but P2 got prorated from 80->70 (not like anyone would use it in a combo anyways)

Can't make out the rest

"惖ćƒŖć‚Ŗ通åøøē©ŗ悬äøåÆćØ悂čØ€ć‚ć‚Œć¦ćŸć‘ć©ć€ćć‚ŒćÆé–“é•ć„ć§ä»Šć¾ć§é€šć‚Šć£ć‚¬ćƒ¼ćƒ‰åÆć£ć¦ć“ćØ恧恄恄悓恠悍恆恋 " 名ē„”恗ćÆčØ€ć£ć¦ć„ć‚‹

"It was told that brio was impossible to guard in the air, but that was a mistake- it's possible to guard it... " by an anon on the bbs

"惖ćƒŖć‚Ŗć‚‚ćƒ“ć‚£ćƒ“ć‚”ćƒ¼ćƒć‚§ć‚‚ęˆ»ć£ć”ć‚ƒć£ćŸNEā˜†" BY USIDON

Brio and vivace were returnedā˜† (implies that both moves returned their previous properties, like having no low invulnerability and not unblockable). Still I would wait for a full compilation of changes from generalnantoka's blog...

If somebody wants I will also translate the latest blog entry from generalnantoka about some of Carl's match-ups and his impressions on him.

Nevermind about the j.C thing, a poster in the changes thread had this to say:

...Carl

Looks like quite a bunch of the good things he had received in the last loke test are actually gone. I couldn't confirm by myself for anima having super armor and 3D forcing standing but comments on the BBS strongly hints that they have been implemented. His damage is indeed sensibly weaker. For now I can't really think of any other way to get close to 4000 dmg except the old juggle combos ended by a super. And j2C doesn't bounces THAT much higher than before I think, although most ground strings involving j2C without allecan might not be possible anymore.

All the stuff I translated before is I think valid, although 6A is really good but not almighty like one of my translations suggested. At least I got punished a few times for missing the timing.

+ 2B to 5B gatlings seems to be in from what I saw from another Carl player (forgot to try by myself)

o jC : to clarify things a bit about this move, first it does only knockdown on air hit. Which means you can still use it as before for sandwich loops (well except it lost its gatlings to jB and j2C). Second, the opponent can emergency tech only, meaning that you can't combo the opponent when he is down. And third, the opponent doesn't falls really fast, in fact you can still use jC as before in 2D combos and when you land after finishing an air combo with it you are in the perfect timing for an okizeme if the opponent techs.

o Fuoco : same as CS1 ie not guaranteed to come out if interrupted

o Volante : same as CS1 ie no projectile armor

+ Brio : the move changed, blows the opponent far away and grants a small wallbounce if close enough to the wall. It's a pretty high wallbounce though, limiting the combo options to I believe something like high jump jB, jC

- A vivace seems to have no invincibility at all

I completely forgot that you can't gatling back to j.B after j.C anymore :( I guess it's still cool you can do 6D j.2C j.B j.C though

Is carl still a rushdown character :?:

imo he never was lol. He has the freedom to be played a million ways.

I'm sure you can still rushdown/pressure though.

I just want damage.

:[

Good

3D, clap 2 primers, Brio wallbounce, 6D CH wallbounce, Anima Super Armor, j.B untechable

Bad

j.2C nerf, 3C no OTG, clap unblockable gone, j.B fatal gone, j.C knockdown, Ada Super start up nerf, damage nerfed

Still, most of the other characters have been nerfed pretty bad too so Carl may still be pretty good in comparison.

Can anyone compile a full list of all changes from CS to CSII?

anima super armor isn't confirmed anymore iirc.

let's hope it's actually in.

only thing I'm hype about now is damage buffs to nirvana moves. :]