Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mikachiru

[CT-CS2] Carl Clover Loke Test

I think 8D being unblockable is a good thing,

Either they're going to east ATLEAST 4 primers if you j.A spam.

Or they're going to take the hit and you can combo them from where.

yea but if you break their guard in the air, they're just going to fly away and you have like no followups to that (i think).

does 8D also take 2 primers from standing opponents? because if it does you could put opponents into really nasty guard situations with semi-force crouching and stuff.

does 8D also take 2 primers from standing opponents? because if it does you could put opponents into really nasty guard situations with semi-force crouching and stuff.

I think it does, I believe that was what Dream Maker was stating when he posted this a few pages back:

Hi. I played a few games again today as Hakumen but I fought a good Carl in my local arcade today...

...He is doing really good particularly on pressure. I have the feeling that weakened IB's are in fact quite an advantage to Carl as it is even more difficult to break out from pressure as before. Also he was using quite a nasty pressure trick with 8D, now that it breaks 2 primers you really don't want to guard this. So taking advantage of me crounching guard for fearing 8D he was able to relaunch pressure with AD jB, etc... That shit was really really scary and I guess you have to react pretty quickly to avoid eating this, unless you have only 1 primer left in which case standing guard barrier certainly goes without saying...

When he said that, I imagined CON positioning, Carl doing something like 5B 5C 6D j.C 5B 2B 5C 9D (8D and forward jump in one), opponent crouches under 8D, late Air Dash j.B j.C on crouching opponent (reset).

Here's to hoping that in mirror matches we'll be able to escape this with a Vivace B

Oh yeah, you could probably replace "...5B 2B 5C 9D" with "...5B 2B 6B 8D (8D and neutral jump in one)" in the above combo to make the pressure a little tighter

Edit: in fact, I think this idea was what this Carl was aiming for at 3:40 (using 8D to force crouch followed closely by an overhead, this case a j.C) of this video. Unfortunately, the Hazama was able to interrupt with the chain attack before Carl's j.C could hit. But meh, he could've just been using the 8D to prevent him from Spider-slinging out of the corner.

Just did a few games today with Carl, 8D actually does not remove 2 primers, at least not on standing guard. Now I'm not even sure it removes 2 primers on air guard neither... I wasn't able to check that. And brio wallbounce in corner in fact gives plenty of time to combo, the opponent does a small bounce against the wall and then falls without being able to tech. So you can certainly combo with 5C, then allegretto combo with Nirvana or anything that might be better now.

Also to clarify on 6D air counter, my opponent on the last day didn't combo after it but if I remember well the wallbounce looks like 4D's wall bounce so you should be able to do pretty much the same kind of combo afterwards.

cs rachel :toot:

He's not CS Rachel, nobody is that bad in CS2. Though I worry about his learning curve, makes me wonder if it will be worth the effort this time.

Anymore I'm mostly just bummed because CS1 Carl plays exactly how I want Carl to play. I don't care what tier my character is in, as long as they're fun. CS2 seems like it took out the fun :<

I hear you Marisa. I have to say, I tried Carl in CT and wasn't too into him but when I picked him up in CS1 I fell in love with him [no homo]. The way he plays is just fun as hell and seldom am I able to find a character that you can get genuinely creative in their set-ups. {Granted, I was playing Hazama and Litchi before Carl and CS1 Litchi is broken herpderp and Hazama is -- well Hazama herpderp.} Granted, I don't have an opinion on the Loketests until CS2 actually comes out and I get to play it myself. I still see a ton of possibilities for Carl.

My question on the most recent Loketests is ascertaining the 'step jump' that can cover 1/3 the screen? Is that saying that his forward dash is now considered a jump like Hakumen's? The reason I ask is because I've already found myself able to pull off Allegretto off of nothing more than forward dashing which fucks up a lot of people because they seem to assume you're going to be vulnureable and without any hit frames immediately after dashing.

Just looking for a bit of clarity. I got hit with a case of the flu which means no work and more bb (: teeeheeee

[anyone else get their kicks off of lurking the Arakune loketest thread and watching the qq'ers come and go?]

That jC swatting people down is looking pretty slick.

Also in that video, I noticed the Carl chose to conserve Nirvana's energy during a lot of his combos instead of using her to tack on a bit more damage.

I think the Carl was getting to the point where the loop was carrying him too high up on Tager's hit box, and so he meant to do j.2C allecan (like he did in the corner loop in round 1), but missed the execution of the 214C. Someone in the CS II changes thread mentioned that the slightly higher bounce on j.2C was deadly, and stated that Tager could do the very thing we saw, recover and punish with grab or whatever :(

Hmmm, I wonder if we rapid that JC it would allow us to get to the ground faster. Specifically when it's in the corner, might be able to setup an unblockable if so.

At 4:40 in that youtube video we see non-CH 3C > Cantata (from a 2A starter, no less), which I believe was a concern with the new 3C.

the j.c 3D stuff look s like it's actually pretty swift. I'm slowly becoming less worried about carl, though the lack of life bar still is distressing. I want to see some vs. Mu match ups.

Side note: Tager seems absolutely brutal ...

I'm sorta digging the new j.2C. Is it possible to use the j.2C into brio for a loop? Of course it would be in a corner, and he would have to pick them up again. Or would it use too much of Nirvana's health?