Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mikachiru

[CT-CS2] Carl Clover Loke Test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipcGdCJfccg

This Carl was pretty damaging without burning thru a lot of Nirvana meter (well half of Litchi's health from only 2/3 meter, seems better than what we've seen so far). He also was getting resets off of less telegraphed stuff than the run of the mill 5B cross-up IAD j.2C we have been seeing in the last few vids. I know it's not like definitive evidence to put everyone's fears to rest, but I'm sure Carl will still be fun to play, as well as rewarding. I know everyone wants a character that is tournament viable, with worthwhile damage for the effort, but I'm sure time will show CS2 Carl to still be a contender.

EDIT: Oh yeah, just wanted to add that I know there's more to winning than doing damage. Rushdown characters exploiting Carl's limited defensive options to effectively rape him is still a legitimate concern. I wasn't trying to say this vid addressed that, just that it seems that Carl players are eeking out more and more damage little by little, so hopefully that will quell some of the concerns about him doing piddly damage

Yeah I was gonna post that Cassius. This video gives me hope and I will continue to remain optimistic. Character's who can pressure carl because of his crappy range will always give him a hard time no matter what though. But for the most part I think he will be fine.

Edit: so lets note that he can get 3k off of an airthrow and 2D if its the first hit of the combo. Also cantible- 5C - j.C - 4D (hit) is looking mad legit. Like it.

Also jC knock downs into 8D seem like they make for very hairy situations for the opponent, as well as brio in the corner. also, is it me or does using the same nirvana move multiple times eat up allot more of her bar between activations than using different moves? (thus the 6D and 3D in one ground combo.)

also 3C ->IAD alle~can might not be for combos but it puts them back into pressure and i think if u combined it with a nirvana move it would completely stuff forward teching, and a neutral tech puts them in NOC so it semi-forces a back roll. If you got sneaky and did a glide throw instead you could maybe even cross them over or tic-throw even?

I will say tho it seems like that litchi was trying to mash out of resets because i heard multiple unnecessary "counter!" hits lol.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/11645737

The pink Carl that starts fighting on the secondary screen (left, with no audio) about 18:45 in, does this really slick looking reset (about 19:50 ish into the stream). In CON positioning, he does whatever to launch opponent, then j.B j.C into 3D, but then he falls straight, but before landing, times a j.2C on the opponent while being hit by 3D, at just the right height to start the new jump loop (j.2C j.B) x n.

Edit: My bad, I get hype off of all the new stuff I'm seeing, but I realize my posts may not be on topic, or contributing to the purpose of this topic. If so please let me know, I don't want to be "that guy"...