Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mikachiru

[CT-CS2] Carl Clover Loke Test

自分のキャラなので色々わかります

姉が死にやすく、反面本体一人でコンボを伸ばしやすくなってたり、姉の中継がしやすくなった所を見ると今回のカルルのコンセプトは

「カルルで出来るだけコンボを稼いで、姉さんを中継程度に使ってね☆」

ってことなんだろうなと思う

姉さんまじで死にやすいから壁として使いにくくなったのは残念

ただ補正切りは色々増えそうだから楽しそうではある

それが出来る前に死んじゃいそうだけどね!ねえさん!

"Because Carl's my character, I understand most of the things (changes)

Sis dies faster, but on the other hand the main body (Carl) combos became easier to extend. Seeing that controlling(relaying) Sis became easier, this time Carl's concept is like this [With Carl try to earn combos and use Sis to an extent☆] or something like this I think...

Sis really dies fast, not really useful as a wall... too bad. But with the Bonus cut there will probably different things added, so I expect there to be some fun in that.

But before doing that Sis will probably die! SIS!"

Hopefully this helps. This is his impression on the changes. Slightly modified words because it's hard to relay things in english.

Why arksys why??? are you making Nirvana die faster? especially when Carl have low health an also Nirvana regen is slower..

Why!!!!!!

Also i hope that they remove the knock down from j.C. With the new j.C, it mean tha we loose all of our jump loop variation and that suck.

I hope kd stays, actually.

As long as there's damage to be gotten out of it, I'm happy.

EDIT- thx again akanishi. :]

I think she dies faster because Anima and Fuoco are more threatening now. or that's the intent anyways. Either way i'm not keen on having to do more sis-less fighting. Carl's whole scheme is that he's 2 people. And that he's kinda sister-Dependant. Lets not break the formula here :(

(Also why would i want to play arakune? it's like CT carl. get the combo? HUZZAH YOU WIN! la-ame. I'm fairly certain that they wont nerf everyone elses damage and still let arakune zone people into 8k + recruse)

Oh btw i think i know what they mean about Cantata's new start up

Know how it's totally not invincible? well i think what it does now is carl does the start-up frames before the super flash and therefore if he's hit out of it's its start up before the gear comes out (super flash) he doesn't loose 50 heat. That's my assumption. and if this is the case, i'd call that a really nice buff.

The "nirvana dies fast" part is kinda vague.

They also said the same thing during loctest 2, and in this vid, Carl vs Jin from loctest 2, it doesn't look like her health is smaller.

Most importantly, how fast nirvana dies is dependent on the carl player. Was he overly aggressive and not letting her recharge?Lets not forget, carl in loctest 5 is different from CS1 carl. They are trying to adapt to how to play the new carl, which will be different from CS1 carl.

-3D pickup gives him real oki, so ending all your combos with a knockdown or 8D into 3D will rape her bar.

-Volante hits multiple times. Lets say it's like jin's D ice sword. Now volante is actually more useful on offense. You couldn't really do much with it on offense in CS1 and it was just okay on defense. Now characters that could cancel it out for free jin's ice sword/litchi's staff/lambda sword/tager's sledge etc can't just cancel it out for free now. They have to block it. Carl can get in, summon nirvana and begin pressuring.

-Anima actually being useful now. No more poking at her for free in fear of getting counter thrown by anima.

-Fuoco always coming out.

So you see in CS2 you'll be making more use of 3D, volante, and anima. Ending every combo with 3D, constantly approaching with volante (which is finally useful on offense now), and sneaking in anima when people think they can poke at her will play a big part of carl's game in CS2. So it's easy to see how a carl main adapting to the changes can say "She dies very quickly". Don't forget we rarely use 3D on wake up, volante for offense if ever, and "lol what is anima?" in CS1. This is evident in the carl vs jin vid from loctest 2, nirvana dies so quickly as well cause he's abusing 3D and anima.

I like the current changes except the j.C kd, I like the 6B j.B loop/resets that come from it too much, unless j.C only causes kd on airborne then I wouldn't mind :). Carl now has a strong safe approach game with volante (hence why j.B no more FCs cause having a multi hit volante and j.B as a FC would make his approach too OP), REAL OKI :yaaay: (bout time), and a slightly stronger defense (anima SA so opponents have to be careful when they poke her).

So you see how easy it is for her to run out especially if you're trying to adapt to the changes and overdoing it cause you're not used to it. I personally don't think she has less life, i just think the carls are abusing 3D oki too much (lol can't blame them)....and volante too, since they're both now useful.

I dont think volante itself is multi hit just that it has multi hit armor against other projectiles. So you cant counter projectile it. Still helps allot but i imagine it will still have no hit/block stun. If it does hit multiple times as well... well... there goes my volante -> Green throw mix up but oh well lol. But yeah Overall i like the idea that nirvana is actually now a threat to opponents outside of combos. .. Poor Tager is gonna have fun. but it's always sucked for him.

Lol, oh yeah you're right

-Volante has multi-hit armour for projectiles.

Lol, thanks for ruining the theory fighter I had going on in my head with multi hit volante toasty. So it's still almost useless for pressuring then :/. I wanted volante to be more than just combo filler and the occasional defense tool.

Ya, I don't want Volante to change, I love it's uses in a sandwich as is.

New info! So far it's only posted in Japanese and there's only one update for Carl. But it has a plus sign next to it!

Oooo, sounds like B vivace is getting full invincibility. It's not completely translated yet, but that's what it's looking like.

That sound interesting!!!

Quick question? they do changes in the actual loketest 5? for example tomorrow they will buff or nerf something, etc?

Hallelujah!!!

I do need to know, however, if this is an exaggeration and that the invincibility frames indeed last the entire move.

Here's to hoping that his is kept in the final version. We could still possibly lose this.

Don't forget about recovery, that won't be invincible.

It's only active for 18 frames, with something like 12-16 recovery frames, iirc. (too lazy to look it up.)

But still, that's godlike.

Full invul, I'm taking as Vivace B acquired low invul too. Which is OMFGGDLK.

Data has 1-18f head and body invul. 1-24f passes through opponents. 39f of recovery. So I imagine it will be 1-18f total invul., same recovery. Still a lot of time to get smacked but still a very nice buff.

Oh shit, I was thinking the move as a whole only took 39f.

>.>

I think it does. Under recovery it says "39F total". It must be listed like that because there's technically no startup or active frames.

Ok, that's what I was thinking.

if it were 39f of straight recovery, that'd be 2x the move's active frames almost.

Also, I don't recall vivace B taking over a whole second to fully recover.