Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GenoWhirl

[CS1] Valkenhayn Technical Discussion

Uh, if you have 100 tension and hit an instant j.c midscreen:

H j.c>236236c>RC pose>dash 2b>5c>sj.daaa>j.236b>j.236a>5c>j.bb>land 5db>5c>sj.b>j.214b>9dd>j.b>dj.bc

Does 5500 damage. If you land instant j.c in the corner, RC pose into 2c>6b>etc for like 6k+. Great for finishing rounds.

Also, if people like neutral teching and you hit with 5b on crouch:

H crouch 5b>5c>236c>9d>delay 3c>land 236d

Hits pretty fucking quick and they are probably close to corner for damage.

Not sure if I should post this here or not. But has anyone gotten a glitch during the intros of Valkenhayn and Carl?

What will happen is Valkenhayn will Zoom across the screen in wolf form while Carl Talks to Nirvana, and Nirvana will begin to switch places from behind Carl to in front of him and the game will Lag (This is offline too) Anyway When the match starts, Nirvana will be in front of Carl. This made me lol because my friend and me were used to this match up and instead of just back dashing my start up C he let Nirvana take the blunt of the blow instead of Jumping away from 5C and ADing behind Nirvana. This has also happened to me in Ranked Matches.

Thing is if you skip the intro it wont happen. Any thoughts on this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akkHjv-30Tk#t=1m16s

Wolf cancel (in air) is invulnerable on start-up or moving hitbox? Sort of confused a bit here. :/

He cancelled his 6C into [w]4C which has invul on startup of the DASH, not the transformation.

I've confirmed that Wolf Dash is invul on startup. Its Valks way of baiting DPs and it also lends logic as to why 2 of his challenges start with [w]C>j.B>5B as it means that if you bait the DP with say [w]4C, the DP whiffs while Valk is spinning back and then you dash straight and can go into j.B>5B combos from there. Should only work for the backdashes though(4C and 7C) as his 5C, 9C and 2C all just start without his little spin. So this is good for shenanigans like bait DPs, or if you scare them with it, walk up Command Throw etc...

Pretty new scrub here that's been lurking Dustloop for awhile... I'm not sure if anyone pointed this out but when you rapid cancel with Valk in human form while throwing, you glitch (?) behind your opponent and slide with him as he slides on the ground, I was just messing around and stuff sooo... but if anyone did notice this, meh. Also I had Ragna or Bang as the training dummy (can't remember who).

Edit: I tested this on every character except Makoto (didn't buy her), it only works on Bang and Arakune.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but Valk pretty much has a semi infinite loop that is easy to pull off. VERY EASY. Personally the existence of it frustrates me but here it is, spam the hell out of it so they fix it.

2AA 5B 5C 236A 2AA 5B 5C 236A 2AA 5B 5C and loop loop forever. It seems that Valk is just fast enough to get the hit off and counter you when they try to break our or he just pressures their block over and over again building up ridiculous heat. Testing this... (i wont use this for any serious fight) i was able to beat people 100% by using it and then end it in a easy astral from the combo itself.

The combo is not truly a loop so the combo ends after each loop of it and does not get dmg reduction because of it. There are a few characters who can break it. Tager can 720 out of it, Bang can somewhat prevent it by being a D spammer to teleport around. Other then that your only open iv found is to jump and NOT block and let the combo juggle you so u can kinda get knocked over the Valk using it then dash away.

Uh... no. Any character with a reversal (and that is half the cast) will rape your face without an issue. And even others can IB your 236a and punish your 2a.

Go online and use it in a fight, see what happens. If they break it once u can get them right back in it easyly and just do it again. For as much dmg as it can do and as easy as it is to connect its very much so broken.

EDIT: Also on a side note, you can beat all of score attack with it easyly as long as u can deal with tager.

Yes, and iv used it against characters who have 1... just as easy to keep them in it. They get it off fast enough every once and a while but then you put them back in it. Im not claiming to be a pro by any means so if your telling me this is 100% legit then it 100% rapes the community of players not on high skill levels.

EDIT: At least it rapes most people you use it on now. Most people have absolutely no idea how to deal with it. When i use it to test its back to back astrals on my part and Rage Quits.

EDIT: I would love for you to tell me its easy to get out of by the whole cast if u know how so i would not feel that pang of guilt abusing what seems to be a broken combo.

Uh, if they are blocking, they can IB the 236a and just jab you out of 2a. Every single character can.

Also, nice vid 10stars. I think the best thing in there was the instant j.c>rc>j.c>land combo since that does more than doing the super for 50%.

Uh, if they are blocking, they can IB the 236a and just jab you out of 2a. Every single character can.

Also, nice vid 10stars. I think the best thing in there was the instant j.c>rc>j.c>land combo since that does more than doing the super for 50%.

Would you help test how easy it is to break out of laiter on PSN? If it is 100% easy to get out of with every character then atleast il be able to use it without feeling a pang of regret of using a broken combo. 90% of people i use it on just get locked up in the combo and get astraled.

EDIT: I am by all means a low skilled player on this game, a friend of mine discovered this and then used it to systematically pwn back to back people with only using this combo and sliding them into a Astral. To me it felt overly broken, but if someone who is high level can test with me and show me it is a easy combo to break that would be awesome and i would appreciate it.

Uh... no. Any character with a reversal (and that is half the cast) will rape your face without an issue. And even others can IB your 236a and punish your 2a.

or just DP out of it

Would you help test how easy it is to break out of laiter on PSN? If it is 100% easy to get out of with every character then atleast il be able to use it without feeling a pang of regret of using a broken combo. 90% of people i use it on just get locked up in the combo and get astraled.

EDIT: I am by all means a low skilled player on this game, a friend of mine discovered this and then used it to systematically pwn back to back people with only using this combo and sliding them into a Astral. To me it felt overly broken, but if someone who is high level can test with me and show me it is a easy combo to break that would be awesome and i would appreciate it.

I tried doing it on dp characters doesnt work maybe on noobs but not on pros

I tried doing it on dp characters doesnt work maybe on noobs but not on pros

Good to know dps beat it completely. How about the IB the 236A and jab? Would that avoid it with any character? I just want to thoroughly figure out if it purely is a noob killer combo and 100% legit to use without it really being abusing a badly made combo.

THought I'd ask here

"Has anyone found any crazy combos off CH 6a yet?

The best I came up with is CH 6a, Superjump b 214b, 9d, {w} j.a, 236a,(slight delay) 236b, 7c, j.b, j.b, land. {h}b, j.b j.c

No meter and ok damage. Is there something better?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs-dGchLq-s

A video I've been working on for a few days now. I'm sure some of it will be obsolete (Note, may already be?) but some of it might be worth mentioning / updating to the combo listing.

Any tips on landing the j.B (w) > j.B (w) > land > D > 5B > super parts of the combos? They usually seem to be too low to the ground for me to have time to unmorph and 5B when I land.

Good shit 10Stars! The Castlevania music made 10x more awesome! Valk's damage output is fucking scary...

Quick question about the [w]7C>j.B>j.B>Land>D>5B>Super ender: Is it corner only??? It must or else that means that any mistake can lead into 7k damage which is scary as fuck

You can get st.B stuff midscreen as well it really just depends on how high you've managed to POP up the other person. Of course most combos that make it work really only work 100% going into the corner.

Also the trick to get st.b at all, is you must end up lower then them by just a bit when you 7D so that way your downward momentum puts you in the perfect place, to hit the st.b. Im really bad at it, but mostly just cause I do different combos than most people.

not sure if this works in every combo (i'm still getting the hang of it) but for the [w]7C>j.B>j.B>Land>D>5B... relaunch i've had much more success using 5C instead. Makes it much easier to get under the opponent while you fall and have time to transform when u hit the ground

Same. I really like triple a bite>236a>236b>5c>relaunch.

@orion: Yes, you can do it pretty much anywhere. Just have to get the timing down. If you have enough wolf meter and depending on the starter you can actually relaunch and then still do the j.214b>9dd>etc combo too lol. I think you'd only really have that meter off a Human starter into j.daaa though.