Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GenoWhirl

[CS1] Valkenhayn Technical Discussion

Pardon me but idk how the valk threads work. I'm curious, where is cs2 valk's combos? Or are they pretty much the same? Or are they not up yet?

Pardon me but idk how the valk threads work. I'm curious, where is cs2 valk's combos? Or are they pretty much the same? Or are they not up yet?

Here's the CS2 combo thread. Valk combos get labeled under "Technical Discussion" rather than "Valk Combos" (probably cause it sounds cooler), and you just have to check whether [CS] or [CS2] is in front of the thread name.

Valk combos are for the most part the same in CS2, the only new thing found is 236C > 9D > j.B, and the only thing taken away is 3C > 2C/2B midscreen, so learning the CS1 combos basically means you know practically everything there is to know for CS2.

I'm trying to get used to 2A > 2C mash oki, especially in the corner to keep people from rolling out or doing quick get up reversals. Thing is, I very rarely see people do it in the CS2 videos, despite hearing that it's a solid way of preventing roll outs if spaced correctly. Is there some downside to 2A oki, such as leaving you open to reversals?

I'm trying to get used to 2A > 2C mash oki, especially in the corner to keep people from rolling out or doing quick get up reversals. Thing is, I very rarely see people do it in the CS2 videos, despite hearing that it's a solid way of preventing roll outs if spaced correctly. Is there some downside to 2A oki, such as leaving you open to reversals?

My guess is that its not the most reliable anti-roll option as Valk's 2A can't be mashed as fast as say, Ragna's 2A. But thats a minor downside at worst. Other issue I've noticed is if they roll and you tag them with 2A and go to 2C, sometime's they'll be on the wrong side of Valk when you jump which would mean unless you butcher the combo, they'll be out of the corner. Not to mention that in some cases, Valk is facing the wrong way when you jump cancel 2C and that makes the pick up weird but the easy remedy to that is to always confirm 2A>2C>5C jump cancel etc since the 5C would correct Valk's direction.