Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prinnical Shock

[CS1] Valkenhayn Video Posting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMwaTLZs5YY

Interesting use of Wolf movement in this vid. Seems like he can do it twice in a row for some feint/bait work among other things. Hopefully he won't be nerfed so much that he won't display interesting stuff like this in the future.

Lovely dashing techniques, canceling in and out of wolf form twice in one air dash to change directions and many valks underestimate how amazing (w)5B is as an anti air. I'll have to watch this video a few times to see what he does. Nice find.

Playing a lot Valkenhayn lately, I recorder 3 videos from a session against a Hakumen (not that good I must admit).

Anyway, still making a lots of mistakes ( I point them out in the description of the videos), especially missing the corner combos (I barely never miss them in training, f**k online).

Well my Valk is still improving, so be lenient. :psyduck:

Here are the direct links to the vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zijfxOFBdrg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxjUHk0cvL0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8LVAvJVwjQ

Last match sendatu bringing in that valk gameplay int eh last fight, lol @ white suit v.s white suit: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm12654880

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNftdRbUy8Q

Okay, Sendatu's vids are sometimes weirdly compressed, and such is the case here. Quicktime couldn't parse the vids for whatever reasons, so no editing was done.

Now, to bypass this, I can just upload to YT which is what I did with the first vid. But the second one is a half hour long, so YT rejects it.

Any advice from technical wizards in here? I use Mac, btw.

I tried it out the wolf to instant j.214b isn't the hard part. The hard part is the wolf j.a after the 236b. Still comb is godlike and may be applicable in other situations.

Outside of execution and sub-optimal combos I'd say you played fairly well and varied the mixups decently. Be more careful against Mu though. Especially when he is running around trying to give you the match like Jago was. You should definitely be able to AA or punish her rushing without lasers in your face and you only need 2-3 clean hits. No idea why Jago was rushing when he could win for free with laser spam. Also can't believe that burst hit daifunka lol.

Outside of execution and sub-optimal combos I'd say you played fairly well and varied the mixups decently. Be more careful against Mu though. Especially when he is running around trying to give you the match like Jago was. You should definitely be able to AA or punish her rushing without lasers in your face and you only need 2-3 clean hits. No idea why Jago was rushing when he could win for free with laser spam. Also can't believe that burst hit daifunka lol.

Ya, the optimal combos as we've seen on videos is something outside of my reach at the moment, maybe I'll get there but I go for a combos with a higher consistence over max damage in most scenarios especially being a strictly netplayer that I am.

I totally agree with your assessment of my match up against Mu there, that's like the third time I've played a decent mu so far and I took on the fight like I would everyone else and that was the result. Her air to air superiority is something I seriously underestimated and I definitely learned my lesson on that fight and the ones that followed.

As for the Bang match up, I find myself having to lean on the 236B on the mix up more often to punish his guard point which is very annoying because that really limits my mix up in a lot of ways but then hey, it's bang right?

So what do ya'll who play Valk suggest I do against him? It seems he outclasses everything Haku has.

v. GuardianSTL (VK)

Great Valk, by the way. He steamrolled everyone in my room. First time I've witnessed a Valk who really knows his stuff, too.

Not going to analyze this video in the valkenhayn thread, if you want a critique nolan you of all people should know this should be posted in the hakumen thread.

Anyways, I'll post my thoughts there.

I'm actually not looking for specific Haku stuff, just general guidelines. Like, "IB this, punish X, you can react to Y", stuff like that, which is why I posted the vid here. I suppose I should have worded that better. :P

I'm actually not looking for specific Haku stuff, just general guidelines. Like, "IB this, punish X, you can react to Y", stuff like that, which is why I posted the vid here. I suppose I should have worded that better. :P

Always IB his shoulder tackle, if he uses it in a block string, the timing to IB it becomes very easy.

Punish wolf cancel with 2D/6D counter(timing varies) or 2A jab. Be very wary of doing 3C when you're too close, Valk can get a free 5B to your face with IB that will lead into 236C launcher for 3-5k damage.

Always watch out for that command grab in wolf form, most common set ups involve wolf dashing A/B -> delay -> command grab it's hard to react to but relatively easy to see coming after you play against valk a few times. Don't jump in obviously against Valk unless they're waking up as 2C CH will lead you into a world of pain(4k without meter, 6k with).

Haku's j2C often trades with Valk's 2C but if they time it right, you'll get hit first, and even if you trade, it won't generally leave you that much better off as you can't follow up but he might depending on the angle you traded.

Generally speaking, zone him out with your range and make him afraid of your counters so he can't lock you down with block strings as with Valk's mix up game, it's only a matter of time until you get hit.

I think trying to counter Valk is much too risky outside of his overheads since he can just vary the timing for his wolf cancel stuff. I've not found his moveset easy to counter in general outside of specific stuff.

Thanks for the rest, though. I'll try it out if I find another good Valk to play against. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMGKG4WWBy8

I know no one cares for American play but here is me being me

Constructive Criticism is really appreciated ^^

Hey genow, pretty solid play in my opinion on all the matches.

Some things I would comment on is how little you used his 236B and its cancel variations. While I understand the 236A cancel is our goto pick for a tighter link, 236B-> cancel before or after block/hit is a very good mix up utility and would definitely be a nice tool for your arsenal. Also remember 236B -> RC combo at close range is basically our highest damage potential combo we have as well.

Also would like to see you get a bit more usage out of 6A guard point/2C anti air and 6B(into cancel) in your block string for that sexy + frame that makes it so good.

Oh and don't forget to make use of his backdash for defensive purposes, he has a good amount of invis frames on start up and middle that if you get the timing right, you can use it almost like Tager's backdash but to a lesser degree, of course.

Very nice use of counter assaults to get out of pressure(something I need to do more often) and pretty consistent in combos~ Keep up the nice play.