Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jais

[CS1-CSE] Valkenhayn Q&A

If there is a question please bold it. :eng101:

If you are answering a question please quote the bolded question. :eng101:

This a Questions and Answers thread only. No discussion, No afterthoughts, No Thank yous, No wasting boards space. I'd like to keep this thread super clean as a primer for beginners, as asking questions is the best way to learn.

:D

Concerning Valkenhayn's drive: when you press D to go wolf-mode do you have to hold it like Carl's puppet or is it like a toggle?

It just a toggle. Press D so switch to wolf form, press D again to switch back. If you run out of meter, Valkenhayn automatically switches back to human.

Only exception (stated already)is his Air Distortion Drive, King Flight (j.236236C), which automatically transforms him to wolf form.

Silly.

Blazblue isn't for the Bison Console.

Can Valky turn wolf off on wake up/floor to avoid an infa-wich from carl?

Yah know since he can't block (unless its leik foo rin kaa zan)

god damnit why is it that every character cost 10 dollars raising a 40 dollar game to 60 dollars (no way in hell I am buying platinum unless she is super ultra awesome)

Just watch you can't resist her loliness.

While in wolf form do you move around the same way like bang's furinka-w.e?

Silly.

Can Valky turn wolf off on wake up/floor to avoid an infa-wich from carl?

Yah know since he can't block (unless its leik foo rin kaa zan)

When he's hit he automatically reverts back to human form.

While in wolf form do you move around the same way like bang's furinka-w.e?

No, he moves normally for the most part, he uses Quick Wolf (c[w]) to dash around the place.

Can you barriah while in furry mode? You'd have to hold back and holding back makes you walk back... then again it works for FRKZ Bang.

Can you barriah while in furry mode? You'd have to hold back and holding back makes you walk back... then again it works for FRKZ Bang.

No, he cannot block at all.

So far, what are his primer breaking moves?

Will people ever stop with the fucking LOLOLOL SLAYER shit?

1. 6C, 236C, j.214B

2. And I hope so. Valkenhayn is a werewolf.
    Werewolves kill vampires.

I cannot answer any other question.

Is his dash a hop like Hakumen's? If so, can he cancel the hop into aerial moves like j.214B? I'm at work so I can't watch the vids (they load too slow) so I can't see what his dash is like.

Is his dash a hop like Hakumen's? If so, can he cancel the hop into aerial moves like j.214B? I'm at work so I can't watch the vids (they load too slow) so I can't see what his dash is like.

His dash is not airborne. His j.214B sucks anyway. It's got terrible startup and no invincibility. If you land it they are stuck in hitstun and launched. Cannot tech till they hit the ground. Could open up combo possibilities.

Amazing backdash. Not Tager-ific but almost. You can backdash some obvious jump-ins altogether.

Something that may be of note. On oki you can elect for a semi mvc2 8 way by doing sj DCD and a direction. He'll do the wolf dash and then transform immediately back and has no recovery upon landing. Really sweet for mixups but haven't found a use for it yet.

I haven't tested every normal, but 6C is wolf cancelable and it gives you the wolf dash. So on a string like 5B 2B 5B 6C you can 6CDC and command throw them or drop the dash cancel and j.B 5B 236B j.236A j.236B C j.B j.214A

6B is an amazing normal.

A couple Q's:

Which moves of his break primers, and which are the overheads?

Which moves are Wolf-cancelable?

Can his hop cancel into anything at all?

Thanks in advance. :)

Also, from vids it seems his 2c might be his single strongest normal starter. Might be a good place to start for max-damage stuff.

A couple Q's:

Which moves of his break primers, and which are the overheads?

Which moves are Wolf-cancelable?

Can his hop cancel into anything at all?

Thanks in advance. :)

Also, from vids it seems his 2c might be his single strongest normal starter. Might be a good place to start for max-damage stuff.

Only 6C is an overhead. QQ

6C 236C and j.214B break Primer

Valk's 5C is slower. His 5B however is on par with Ragna's. Same range and speed.

6C 6B can Fatal Counter.

Slayer players may remember the old 2 hit wallsplat super ranges? Yeah, Valk's kinda got something close to it. If you do his air super too close to the wall he'll just do 2 hits but if you space it out enough it'll do 3.

Air super sucks to yomi stuff. It will trade. IF IT TRADES HOWEVER....They start doing the floating in the air animation like they got hit by a few bullets from Noel's Thor. Crazy combo possibilities?

Rush super does 250 damage of chip.

236A is around -1 or -2. On normal block mashing 5A gets counterhit by most other jabs in the game.

236B 236B whiffs crouchers up close. Watch out.

236 series on hit can cancel to wolf for like 25% wolf gauge.

Did they make Valkenhayn's Wehrwolf mode turn around when people get behind him? Or does he still have to move away then towards opponent to face them?

No auto correct so you have to turn around manually.

what are his Trophies?

Battle Butler: Do 5k in one combo

On Her Ladyship's Secret Service: 7 trials

Three Wolf Moon: Unlimited

Happy Jais? I'll start quoting in all my responses from now on.

What are the differences between Valkenhayn and Unlimited Valkenhayn?

Different stance. Blur effect. Dash is more like a glide.

Unlimited Valk has no wolf gauge to start. Must build it up. It lasts about 5x longer than normal Wolf meter though. Then rapidly regenerates.

j.C is 6C but done in the air. j.2C is old j.C

w236A hits low

Nothing else that I know of.