Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jais

[CS1-CSE] Valkenhayn Q&A

Now that he's out, anyone know his gg color and/or his reference color? Thank you

GG color is Slayer it looks like to me, and he has a J. Talbain Coloration as well... honestly kinda unsuprising D:

anyone know what his unique intros with Rachel, Hakumen, and Hazama are?

Now that he's out, anyone know his gg color and/or his reference color? Thank you

GG Color: Slayer

Other Notable Colors: Ganonhayn, Talkenbain, Master Asia.

So for those who have him, does he feel really complex to use? Who would you compare him to execution wise? From video footage he looks pretty complex.

Asking again:

Does Valkenhayn's back dash give him some invincibility, or it works more like Hakumen?

Can he cancel his forward dash into attacks or something (a la Hazama)... or also like Hakumen?

And a new one:

My, any way for Valk to deal with long ranged chars? I fought some Valks 3 times this day, and with Hazama it's ridiculously easy to keep him away.

Who would you compare him to execution wise?

Human: Ragna w/Hakumen's hop and damage output

Wolf: Unique, but has Talbain moves and Tao's speed

Valk pokes, which are good ones? Does he have a good AA, preferably a normal?

5B and 5C are very good pokes. As for anti-air, they say that his Astral works as one, but it has not been confirmed.

So for those who have him, does he feel really complex to use? Who would you compare him to execution wise? From video footage he looks pretty complex.

To me he is complex due to me not having the reflex to changing mid air from wolf to valk.>_< From how he plays, I agree on Tao and Talbain.

What would you say Valk's downsides are?

Lack a reversal, low health and primers.

If were you were pressed for an answer, what seems to be Valkenhayn's worst match-up at this time?

Could his multi-hit ground distortion be used in a similar fashion to Bang's daifunka (i.e. wall bounce)?

Does Valkenhayn's back dash give him some invincibility, or it works more like Hakumen?

Can he cancel his forward dash into attacks or something (a la Hazama)... or also like Hakumen?

My, any way for Valk to deal with long ranged chars? I fought some Valks 3 times this day, and with Hazama it's ridiculously easy to keep him away.

Good invincibility on backdash. Not Tager though.

No his forward dash is not a hop.

Valk < Zoning.

Is he in counterhit status while in wolf form? How unsafe is beast cannon on block?

Normal hit status. You have to be pushing buttons as wolf to get CH.

Spaced right every beast cannon is safe. If you end up hitting them at the end of the animation and they block it, highly unsafe.

If were you were pressed for an answer, what seems to be Valkenhayn's worst match-up at this time?

Could his multi-hit ground distortion be used in a similar fashion to Bang's daifunka (i.e. wall bounce)?

Valkenhayn has a hard time with EVERYONE until something is found that is new and changes matchups. As of right now anyone that can RTSD or Zone all day beats him free.

No, his ground distortion does not wallbounce and you cannot combo after it without RC.

Valk pokes, which are good ones? Does he have a good AA, preferably a normal?

5B.

6C being an overhead and coming out like that is really good. Appears to be safe too.

236A is a good poke. It has a really nice hitbox and good speed/range.

j.B

TKj.214B This move is godlike. Do not underestimate it.

He has absolutely no anti air. 6A is real slow and it's hitbox is hilariously small. It autoguards instead of having head invincibility. Crummy move.

I've had 2C gotten beat on startup. It's way too slow to do on reaction. But on prediction it'll beat a few things clean.

I noticed you mentioned j.214B sucks as in one of your first posts, and now its like gdlk (TK'd of course).

So which is it? Good or bad?

I assume good, from everything that I watched. You can go into aerial combo off of it right?

I noticed you mentioned j.214B sucks as in one of your first posts, and now its like gdlk (TK'd of course).

So which is it? Good or bad?

I assume good, from everything that I watched. You can go into aerial combo off of it right?

It's good. Just drive cancel it and go into w/e you want. I show some uses of it in my recent sample video.

I've had 2C gotten beat on startup. It's way too slow to do on reaction. But on prediction it'll beat a few things clean.

huh? And in what situation did your anti-air 2C lose? I think 2C is a pretty damn good antiair, it even stuffs crossups

During wolf mode, because he switches sides when he does the j236 chains, are you inputting 236, 214, 236 or do you do 236, 236, 236?

Hope this question made sense.

The funky-looking move where Valk does the Remy Blue Nocturne pose is his 6A, correct? The frame data thread says it has a guard point, does that deflect any kind of non-throw/unblockable attack, or just non-projectile strikes? And I'm guessing the GP is high/mid (when I say "mid" I mean an attack like 2A that can be blocked standing or crouching) only?

During wolf mode, because he switches sides when he does the j236 chains, are you inputting 236, 214, 236 or do you do 236, 236, 236?

Hope this question made sense.

The moment Valk switches sides in wolf form you obviously have to mirror and switch the notation

The funky-looking move where Valk does the Remy Blue Nocturne pose is his 6A, correct? The frame data thread says it has a guard point, does that deflect any kind of non-throw/unblockable attack, or just non-projectile strikes? And I'm guessing the GP is high/mid (when I say "mid" I mean an attack like 2A that can be blocked standing or crouching) only?

No guard points on it. It's got upper body invul and the hitbox is ridiculous on it. Keep in mind that you're reading framedata which is not necessarily true, since he's a new character.

It has a guard point on it. Actually that's worded poorly I guess, it has a guard point like Rachel's 6A. You can block projectiles/mids/overheads with it.

I asked this in another thread, but they misunderstood what I was asking:

Can Wolf form be thrown? I can use GETB on him, but is he vulnerable to normal neutral or back throws? Or Air throws?

Can wolf form Gold Burst?

I'm thinking some really nice CH burst set-ups w/ that, cause everybody will see wolf and mash 2A

Does Gold bursting in wolf form change form to human by default?

I am not sure how this tier thing works, but was it revealed what tier Valky is in yet? If not how are the tiers determined? Some magazine?

Also does his wolf mode double his move list?

Thanks.

I am not sure how this tier thing works, but was it revealed what tier Valky is in yet? If not how are the tiers determined? Some magazine?

Also does his wolf mode double his move list?

Thanks.

:lol: give it time dude, Valk is still only a couple days old. You could in theory give him a tier spot, but any new discoveries will radically shift it since so little is known. Give players a couple months to play with him in order to get some info. My personal guess is mid tier. His mobility, mix up, and damage are all pretty solid, but his defensive tools and stats (life, primers, etc) are really awful. This, combined with high tier characters having better ways to put him on defense than he has against top tiers, puts him in a sticky position. I foresee Bang in particular being awful due to D Nails being an instant "I'm in control now" button. Again though, thats jsut ~speculation~ so take it with a pound of salt. :psyduck:

EDIT: oh yeah, and no, Wolf mode only has 4 normals (A, B, j.A, j.B), 3 specials(236 A/B/D), and a dashy thing ([w]C)