Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jais

[CS1-CSE] Valkenhayn Q&A

I am not sure how this tier thing works, but was it revealed what tier Valky is in yet? If not how are the tiers determined? Some magazine?

Also does his wolf mode double his move list?

Thanks .

It's too early to tell what the tier list is yet. Tiers are usually placed by matchups and then put in order by +/- of each matchup. It takes a LONG time for the tier list to stabilize (Ragna just dropped in tier although he's been in top 3 for a while now) and even then, it keeps on shifting around depending on what people can find.

His wolf mode does double a bit, but it's nowhere close to how Litchi is.

Can wolf form Gold Burst?

I'm thinking some really nice CH burst set-ups w/ that, cause everybody will see wolf and mash 2A

Does Gold bursting in wolf form change form to human by default?

It's not possible to gold burst while in wolf form.

I dunno if it was asked yet, but, what are the properties of j.236236C? As in, can you block it? Or if blocked, will it still go into the wolf dash?

If that's his Dive DD, then yes it's blockable, and no, he stops with lots of recovery frames, unlike his ground DD.

I dunno if it was asked yet, but, what are the properties of j.236236C? As in, can you block it? Or if blocked, will it still go into the wolf dash?

They can AA you out of air super. Don't use it as a poke.

Yeah, that's his dive DD. Does it count as overhead on crouching opponent? (not that you'd want to use it outside of a combo)

No, it's blockable while crouched. It's horrible outside of combos for the most part.

regarding Blazblue game patch on ps3 for Valkenhayn, can it be downloaded on the pc just like Ps3 system update?

Game updates are purely automatic on PS3. You launch the game and it downloads any available patch as long as you are signed into PSN. There are no other options, unless you are a PS Plus subscriber in which case the patches may be installed in the background.

i was watching some valk videos and i thought i saw a command grab while in wolf form.... does he have a command wolf grab? and what IS the button command?

i was watching some valk videos and i thought i saw a command grab while in wolf form.... does he have a command wolf grab? and what IS the button command?

IIRC it was 236D.

do any of valk's distortions have invuln on start up, to be used as a pseudo reversal? how fast are they (in start up frames) as well

what is jump cancel-able on hit only, and what is jump cancel-able on block

do any of valk's distortions have invuln on start up, to be used as a pseudo reversal? how fast are they (in start up frames) as well

what is jump cancel-able on hit only, and what is jump cancel-able on block

632146d is a reversal, its startup is ok, but it does have good invul.

JCable on hit, 2c, 5b, 5a, 2a, 5c

JCable on block, 5b, 5a, 2a

Not sure what else, this is just what i've come across while making a video.

Okay practiced a bit with mah new boy Valkenhayn :kitty:

What's the first Valk trophy? Only one I don't have yet :(

Can the wolf throw be canceled or if you get it, you eat it?

Can any of his moves / distortions pass through projectiles?

I know for a fact one is to complete 7 of Valkenhayn's Challenges in Challenge Mode (name slips my tounge:() Unsure of the other two.

I know for a fact one is to complete 7 of Valkenhayn's Challenges in Challenge Mode (name slips my tounge:() Unsure of the other two.

Yeah, I already got that one. 3rd one is to just pick his unlimited version.

one of them is to do a combo that passes a certain dammage, not sure how much. try comboing into his astral for it.

Battle Butler

Dealt over 5,000 damage in a single combo using Valkenhayn.

Three-Wolf Moon

Used the Unlimited version of Valkenhayn.

On Her Ladyship's Secret Service

Beat over 7 missions in Challenge mode using Valkenhayn.

Is Valk's Aerial DD really worth wasting the heat or should I focus on his RC combos?

If you have the meter after an aircombo, I see no reason not to do it, unless you did a starter with shitty proration.

If you have the meter after an aircombo, I see no reason not to do it, unless you did a starter with shitty proration.

Isn't the point of DD enders that some of their damage ignores proration?

Isn't the point of DD enders that some of their damage ignores proration?

not ignores...as far as I know all supers still prorate properly (I'm sure there's an exception)...it's just they have a minimum damage...so they're REALLY nice to tac onto a long combo that's already doing a lot of damage

if you're already doing a long combo, you probably have plenty of heat to work with, so why not completely demoralize the opponent with 4-6k damage?

I think I saw 5B->5C-> j.C->air super in a jourdal video(might have been 5B> j.C> super)...was absolutely awesome to watch