Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jais

[CS1-CSE] Valkenhayn Q&A

Sorry for not specifying the grab, I meant human. That second combo is just what I was looking for, thanks.

snip

Just to optimize things:

The throw combos can be optimized by adding an extra cannon (236b > j.236a > j.236b). To hit this you need to make sure your mondlicht is higher above the ground (helps if you jump backwards) and do a 1D cancel. Also end with 7C~D j.B dj.B j.C for less wolf gauge usage.

Even more optimized by slightly harder is the following combo:

Any throw at the right spacing (air or ground) 2C 6B 2C 6C j.214B (lowest possible TK with the opponent at the lowest possible height) j.6D j.236A ground 236A 236B j.236B 7C~D j.B j.B j.C

It only does like 4 extra damage and 2 more heat gain over the previous 3 cannon combo though, and it's slightly harder. Might not be worth learning lol.

[h] Close Range 2A > 2C > 6B > 236C > 9D > j.B > j.A > Land 5D > 2C > 6C > j.214B > 2D > 236B > j.236A > j.236B > CD > j.B > dj.B > j.C (3356 Damage, 53 MG)

in this combo Im having a hard time after 9D although I can hit j.B>j.A 8/10 but can't seem to grasp land 5D.

Can somebody explain the timing of this combo? how can I make this connect?

I'm actually having trouble with something.

Sometimes I see that Valks followup the ground distortion with the air distortion in the corner.

Does anyone know the input to initiate the air DD that quickly?

Try doing 2362369C to get the air DD to come out right after you leave the ground. The timing is a little funky though, you need to very slightly delay the super after jumping or else Valk will land short, but you don't have a very large window to delay it.

Heh. So all this time I have been getting the input wrong as I thought haha.

I was also not aware about the slight delay. Thanks a bunch dude :)