Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Antihippy

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Her being so ridiculous and out of place is the very reason she's my favorite character.

Nah, nothing will beat the doc and that stupid dinosaur from Tekken 2.

But they look fun at least. Alisa... dunno.

So, would a Xiao / Jun team work? Or maybe I should consider something else?

I'll try Dragunov later, to see how well I do with him :v:

WHY THE FUCK IS UNKNOWN LISTED ABOVE JUN, IF THEY'RE VIRTUALLY THE SAME CHAR?

She has a few different moves which use the purple goo around her that are amazing combo enders. It's the same with most of the DLC clone characters. Some of them have new or different moves from their counterparts that have better or worse properties.

Slim Bob: A faster Bob with a smaller hitbox that deals less damage, and a few moves he could do while fat leave him at a disadvantage now. Inferior to Bob.

Forest Law: Uses his Tekken 3 moveset. Considered inferior to his dad because he has less options and lacks the D+1+2 stance (forget the name). Generally only recommended if you don't feel like learning another character to go with Marshall.

P-Jack: Has a few different moves than regular Jack, but outside of those is the exactl same character. Considered just as strong as his counterpart.

Tiger: Exactly the same as Eddy & Christie but with an exclusive taunt where he dances the night away.

Alex: Same as Roger but with a few different moves and a smaller hitbox.

Angel: Has her own command dash (F+3) but otherwise is similar to Devil Jin with a bit of Kazuya thrown in. Considered worse than traditional Mishimas.

Michelle: IIRC she uses Julia's/Jaycee's Tekken 6 moveset with some older moves thrown in. Considered better than her daughter in some situations, but is a bit harder to use.

Sebastian: Uses Lili's Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection moveset plus a few exclusive taunts. General consensus is mixed on whether he is better or worse than Lili.

Miharu: Has a few new moves of her own while using Xiaoyu's Tekken 4 moveset. She is considered a bit better than Xiaoyu because she has more options.

Violet: Uses Lee's Tekken 4 moveset, which replaces his Acid Storm with Acid Rain, a Just Frame version that hits 3 times and causes stagger, allowing you to tag out for a combo. Considered slightly better than Lee, but only if you master his JF.

:kitty: Miharu is potential waifu material. I may use her with Jun, then.

Now I see why Miharu felt more familiar to me. T4 Xiao was fun and I liked using her.

I wouldn't call it owning D:

I was fighting like a scrub so hard, I was like "how do I link these attacks!?!?" and my Anna, Zafina, and Lili are SUPER trash now D;

But I guess if you want to play more I'll brush back up [believe it or not I used to be decent at Tekken!]

Well, you are like megas goddess to me now :kitty: And I'm serious, I still feel blind in this game lol

Also still trying to get used to tag thing.

EDIT:

Gotta get those down, Tag combos and Tag Assaults are life!

Back in the day I had this pretty nice 135dmg Tag combo with Jun/Kunimitsu, and it ended so beautifully ; -;

Better not catch me at my MAXIMUM LEVEL! (`ー´)

So, uh... tried Dragunov. Sucked with him and I don't understand how he plays D:

Guess I'll be stuck with Jun, Xiao, Miharu and Baek for a while.

Dragunov is primarily a keepaway and space-control character, sort of like SF4 Dictator. He's mainly about pressure, but not in the way you would think. Instead of locking the opponent down, his pressure is suited for positioning the opponent where you want them. When they make a mistake, you go in for a counter hit to do extreme damage.

World Tekken Federation apparently ceasing functionality on September 1. Still unknown how this will impact online play.

Also, apparently a recent tweet from Harada stated he would be interested in adding new costumes/customizations to this game.

Saw this coming (not specifically, but the general idea of Namco dumping TTT2 very soon). Namco's been devoting all their time into TR with updates, voting on new character, f2p dlc add-ons, special weekly events, and whatever else they have going on now. It was just a matter of time.

I wouldn't mind these developments as much if it hadn't taken them over a year to get this game on consoles. Even after all the promotion they did, the hype factor for TTT2 was already starting to wind down before the game even came out.

This isn't a bad omen for console CP... R-Right...?

Finally bought this game, sucks that Tekken isn't even seeing Evo this year but aye this game is fun as fuck.

I'd like some people to play with, so add me.

Been having fun with Miharu, Steve and Eddy Gordo. c:

This isn't a bad omen for console CP... R-Right...?

You know it is. There's never been such a wide gap between a BB game's JPN and US console releases before. It's gonna hit Aksys harder than they or a lot of people on this board are anticipating.

Because it wasn't mentioned before, TTT2 online play is still functional for all three consoles. Tekken Federation shutting down just means no stat tracking.

You know it is. There's never been such a wide gap between a BB game's JPN and US console releases before.

To say nothing of the gap awaiting European players. It will probably be like P4A, where I kind of forgot the game existed until a friend of mine from London got all excited and was "we need to play P4A right now man, I just got it", and I had to go dig it out and dust it off.

Even now, i'm kind of like "i've already done this though" with the US game coming out next month.

You probably could on TR, but not this game.

People are actually good on this game.

I played TR already, got lame for me, and I still have my TTT2 disc

TTT2 is where the real Tekken players are. Revolution is for people who wanna waste hours of their life just hoping to unlock big titty Eliza.