Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

Simple QA Thread. Post simple questions here!

Cupui: I have a firm belief to take damage when I can get it. If we were better, then that is perfect spacing (in theory) for a Final Showdown type combo. 2D HS SE, FRC 6HS, etc.. Better damage, but I'd put money that I could do the above combo 99 out of 100... and the other one? Hell no. No doubt the SE FRC is the better version, but as I say, spend it all player, fuck the price.

Ow can this connect??? 2D> HS SE> FRC >6HS>.... Gotta try it.. I've seen these one...really2 hurt.. 2D> HS SE> FRC > Run > J.K>J.S>... 2D> HS SE > FRC > 5S > 2HS> ... BUT the hell...!! It's really hard to perform. I'd like use a Sphere combo than do this...

6P vs. Slayer Isn't a good idea. It should be your natural instinct as a Ky player tho. That or j.K But both of those options aren't the correct choice his Slayer. Either block his AA or Airthrow him for AA. (You'll figure out how to do this as AA vs. Slayer.) His j.H is pretty slow. But Slayer doesn't really have a hitbox during this move that can be easily hit. Altho. HSVT will beat it cleanly too. At Fullscreen you can use your stun edges to force him to close in and he has horrible movement. You can use the FRCs on the projectiles to close in on him cause your going to have do something. You want to try and bait out DOT if you can cause he'll need 75% Meter to make it safe if you baited it. Or you'll just get combo of choice on him. Since AC Slayers are pretty DOT Happy it's not that hard to figure out when they like to do it. But yea. I wouldn't use 6P vs. Slayer. It'll clash or lose vs. his j.H it'll beat j.D tho.

Really?? Slayer's j.HS is that strong? So what i can do is just block him and get preesurred....? Even Ky's 6P has a good invisibillity?

Yes. Slayer j.H is that strong. It's easily the strongest Air normal in the game unless I'm forgetting something. At the very least. It's one of like 3 moves that Ky can't always 6P it. Like I mentioned. Airthrow it or HSVT.

yeah Kys damage output is fairly low but now he has more opportunities to take advantage of an enemes mistakes since his mixup moves are better thanks to the new force break.

Ky's never been known for good damage output outside of cranked guard bar. Remember those grade letter rankings for average damage? Ky had one of the lowest, yes, but he's pretty good at effectively using and gaining meter, poking, okizeme and other things. His damage output was reduced from Slash, yeah, but damaging combos wasn't what made him good anyway.

Why is Jam a bad match up for Ky?

she's fast and really hard to punish on mistake unless she whiffed something and whenever Ky do mistake = pancake combos :vbang:

forgot to add : any SE/cse is useless against her and mostlikely will kill Ky if he try to SE her without any FRC/good spacing :vbang:

Force Break. lol. Jam's movement is too good though. And yeah her 2S has been beast forever..

somebody earlier said Slayer had no options on wakeup except supers, that's incorrect. He can BDC out of your oki. You have to anticipate this and air throw, maybe 2HS or just get out of the way - you're not beating the j.HS from that angle.

what are ky's tech baiting throw setups? I can only think of -after GS -in the corner close 5S OTG hit. I'm thinking he can also try stuff doing an air combos, but i think that's highly situational?

what are ky's tech baiting throw setups? I can only think of

-after GS

-in the corner close 5S OTG hit.

I'm thinking he can also try stuff doing an air combos, but i think that's highly situational?

Ky's air throw tech setups are limited and half of the time not worth doing

Losing the ability to do damage (which ky does little of) and gaining tension (which ky needs much of) is to much of a risk on the player's side.

It's nice to use once and a while but nothing amazing. Air throw after GS is the best imo

Well in some cases, it's gaining the ability to do more damage and not less if you're close enough to the corner to get a good wallbounce > combo. A GS combo won't go over 140/150 anyway. But yes, tech traps are a risk and you can easily lose your momentum whereas you could have done a reliable combo > knockdown.

is it a good idea to stun dipper FRC under a jump in attack? Whether it's a normal jump in or from a air dash?

it's kinda gimmicky, but it was worth doing IMO back before they slowed down stun dipper. Before, doing so could let you get a cross up vs the opponent in the air (or maybe an air throw), or you could get out of corner pressure and whatnot. But since the move comes out so slow (and doesn't travel as far), it's not very useful nowadays.

i think back on slash my friend use it on combos for VT loop set up. something like... VT(rc) ad j.d, 2hs ... :v: un-practical and for show off only i think he show me on the practice mode and never realy use it on the real match... some cv back then also use it occasionaly

FS has talked about this before, it makes VT loops easier. Also you'll have a jump/airdash after the FRC.