Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

Simple QA Thread. Post simple questions here!

Dude he's AWESOME, for real. "Shitty" is just how the name translates and why I put it in quotes because I think he's godlike. He crosses somebody up with BURST. BR FRC x3 > wild throw...man I would just shit myself and fall over if somebody did that to me. edit: on topic, so...yeah Slash 2H. Really good. Still good in AC, just don't whiff it ever.

Do two 6Hs. If the opponent is lazy enough to let you. Like, something > 6H > c.S > 6P > 6H. Flashing bar! Or just some standard blah blockstring into FRC stun edge or stun dipper > more blockstring/mixup. Some say H stun edge is better here, I say S shrug.

2P/2K shenanigans, jump cancels into j.D, random shit into 6P>6HS>leave a big gap cause of lv6 goodness D:>then either 6K, SE, delayed FB CSE, CSE etc etc

A blockstring I use is P -> K -> 6K -> 2K -> S -> S Stun Edge -> FRC After that, you can run in for another blockstring (if you do run in, try and be a little pre-emptive so you don't get poked out), or you can predict a jump out and go in for the air throw. If they don't jump you can let off a FB j.D above their heads.

Most, if not all, standard combos work on Dizzy. Her airborne hitbox can be a bit whacky sometimes for 2HS if there's some distance between Ky and her. That's it tho afaik.

A blockstring I use is P -> K -> 6K -> 2K -> S -> S Stun Edge -> FRC

I used to use 6K in guard strings alot but i get dp'd as i walk up. Is it really a bad idea vs dp chars or i am just doing it wrong?

I realized awhile ago that it's not a very good string. Most people don't mash out DPs every little gap they get, however for characters like Jam and Sol, with DPs that have a lot of invul. frames, it's not a good idea to use it a lot. It's also a bad idea to throw out 6K with nothing behind it, for instance if you do CSE on oki, run up and 6HS before they're out of block stun, you can 6K freely without the worry of being DPed. Ky's got some really good pressure, there's just quite a few holes in it, so you have to know all of them them to succeed at being aggressive.

Generally if you get DPed out of pressure string moves, it means one of a few things

a) most likely you got too repetitive with your blockstrings, to the point where you get punished out of moves like 6k (happens if you try other long startup moves as well like 5d)

b) your opponent has amazing reaction time to DP a 6k on reaction. Probably not the case, but if it is you're kinda out of luck.

a) most likely you got too repetitive with your blockstrings, to the point where you get punished out of moves like 6k (happens if you try other long startup moves as well like 5d).

this.

It's a fine move to use in strings and combos. Pushes you forward, frame advantage, cancels to (FRC'd) specials. Now, since your friend is conditioned into expecting that in your strings, just don't do it where you normally would and punish the dp.

I like to blow my 100% tension on 5 VT loops with Ky followed with a call lightning. Is that so wrong?

I like to blow my 100% tension on 5 VT loops with Ky followed with a call lightning.

Is that so wrong?

If I'm winning by alot and have 100% I'll go for a CH SVT -> RC -> Mystic Cross -> S -> SVT LJ FRC -> etc.

:psyduck:

Every so often I do a random sacred edge. Or the ground force break > stab thing (can't remember what my VP name for this was). Purely just to do them.

I actually combo off of 2D -> Sacred Edge with S -> 2HS -> j.s -> dj. s -> dj. hs -> VT if I've got 50% and some cranked gauge. Does pretty good damage.

Heh. 2D>Sacred can be pretty retarded awesome. Since Supers don't cause reduced tension gain you can gain back like 35% of the 50% you spent on the super. Typically using a GS loop>Uppercut finisher. Most of the damage is unburstable as well since Supers can't be burst from. 5S>2H are both JCable so bursts are baitable the entire combo pretty much. Altho yea. The usage compared to #R or Slash is pretty much a joke. Where that super got used a lot. But yea. Purify has it right. The way of spending meter that gives me the most joy is easily Orb>Stab. Since it looks cool.

Heh. 2D>Sacred can be pretty retarded awesome.

Since Supers don't cause reduced tension gain you can gain back like 35% of the 50% you spent on the super. Typically using a GS loop>Uppercut finisher. Most of the damage is unburstable as well since Supers can't be burst from. 5S>2H are both JCable so bursts are baitable the entire combo pretty much. Altho yea. The usage compared to #R or Slash is pretty much a joke. Where that super got used a lot.

But yea. Purify has it right. The way of spending meter that gives me the most joy is easily Orb>Stab. Since it looks cool.

And hit me everytime. <_< Stupid Ky's AA.

Since there was some talk about block strings earlier. Is it bad to use a lot of 6HS in block strings? I like to try and crank the gaurd meter. Here are some block strings I use : 6HS > S > 6P > 6HS > 6K > SE 6P > 6HS > S > 6P > 6HS > S > SE 5K > 6P > 6HS > S > 6P > 6HS > 6K > SE 2P x n > 2K > 2S > 2D > SE I don't always end on SE but I like having the option to RC and dash in, but you can also stop those strings and do 2S > SE and so on. Are the gaps in those block strings too big?

Personally I think Stun Dipper FRC is a better way to continue pressure instead of SE FRC.

Personally I think Stun Dipper FRC is a better way to continue pressure instead of SE FRC.

The stun dipper FRC seems pretty good for getting a throw in. I could probably make better use of it though and get the guard bar even higher.