Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

Simple QA Thread. Post simple questions here!

When I FRC stun dipper i find myself backdashing more often than not. Move sucks in AC period.

Yea It's pretty worthless now. Makes me really question why I still use it. Since I win a lot more often when the move isn't getting used. I like how it doesn't always combo on some characters at the max distance.

Oh man I hate that too. Yeah...stun edge does everything better. Took me a while to face the facts, too, and I still do it out of habit.

I'm trying to do some ground stun edge frc combos. dash in, S, 6P, HS, 6K, SE (frc), dash in, S, HS, 6K, SE... etc. Q1) Does s,6p,h,6k put you too far away to dash in and combo? Q2) Should I be using S or HS stun edge?

S and HS SE are identical in damage, you'll be very close after using 6K. If you want to decide which one to use, pick the SE with the FRC you can get more reliably. And the combo shouldn't push you out too far, especially since 6K covers quite a bit of distance. I'd test the combo, but I have no means of doing so at the moment.

i think, he was talking about timing to combos after frced SE (>_>)... anyway 6k give a massive hit stun advantage, if u can connect with the s version it'll give you more time to do the follow up combos iirc

I'm trying to do some ground stun edge frc combos.

dash in, S, 6P, HS, 6K, SE (frc), dash in, S, HS, 6K, SE... etc.

Q1) Does s,6p,h,6k put you too far away to dash in and combo?

Q2) Should I be using S or HS stun edge?

1)No, HS Stun Edge hit stun is long enough for you to run in basically right next to them, allowing you to do S>HS>6K without any problem.

2)HS allows for more combo possibilties due to higher hit stun. Obviously S is better from a decent combo in which you're pushed back quite a bit already.

S>6P>HS>6K>HS SE>frc>dash>S>HS>6K>HS SE>dash>2K>S>SD seems to work for me in corner vs testament.

I'd test it on other characters but i gotta go out.

hedgeshot: the rule of thumb I use when pressuring or comboing with Ky is I use the S version if I'm doing something still in quite close, like 5S,6K, S SE FRC, 5S, then whatever... but as you get pushed back further (either from enemy FD or that combo hitting) You'll use the HS SE then, and after the FRC you can play games from there, 6HS, run up throw, whatever, it's a great momentum position for Ky to be in with just about everyone I've ever played against. May work for you, may not. Good luck.

ok so i was playing the cpu(ky) and he did this weird combo where he jump cancelled his sweep into j.k and into his bnb air combo...and the sweep wasnt a counter hit cuz he gatlinged into it so um wtf?

Ky's sweep is jump cancellable. I don't know how the j.k afterwards would have possibly connected, so something else must've been thrown in.

Sweep > JC > j.K > combo works on Faust since his hitbox is gigantic when he's knocked down. This doesn't work on anyone else, and is probably what you saw. I'd be very surprised if this woked on anyone else other than Faust.

I'd assume this is the case, reading his signature. Never thought the computer would be so clever, though.

Hey, can someone give me a few Air-to-Ground tips with Ky? I'm trying to utilize his overhead game into combos but I'm not quite up to speed on how to do it: Here's an example: VT-Loop into knockdown, j.D (low to ground) and j.S (overhead) that keeps people guessing to block high or low and then....?? What's fast enough to "link" from a low j.S? I've done Vapor Thrust again but this doesn't give me many options.

Without j.D stuff, since you don't always have the best position for it, you can just running jump over their head. From there you can either air backdash and j.S, or land and 2S. For the links, 5K and 2K will do the trick.

i got a few questions: 1.) what's the best way to IAD ? whenever I do it, I keep floating too high. 2.) what's the best way to practice VT loops ? 3.) whenever I try doing a 2nd ACSE or CSE, I just get a regular move and Ky refuses to do a 2nd ACSE/CSE, is there some trick I'm unaware of ?

1.) Doing a diagonal jump + forward is the easiest way. IDK how else to answer this. Just keep practicing. 2.) Training Mode, midscreen, medium/light character. Start with a Greed Sever then VT loop x2. 3.) You have to be faster. ACSE is harder than CSE though.

It's hard enough for Double CSE, but Double Air CSE is too much trouble to produce. I just do TK Stun Raise FB>ACSE which is much better space control.

I thought a double ACSE would be great oki. I dunno, I played someone a while back and he did that and in another way where it was a standing CSE and then an air dash CSE after FRC and then kept the pressure. It looked cool, and totally caught me off guard. thanks for the input, really appreciate it, just trying to learn him completely.

i dunno, i always seem to find it easier to iad as part of a combo, (for ex, ending 6hs loop w/ IAD j.s j.h VT), then as a solely offensive move by itself

Are there any color sheets available for Ky? Wouldn't matter for me if they were from #R, Slash or AC ;>