Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

Simple QA Thread. Post simple questions here!

I have an odd question.

I tried doing 214K (CH)>6H, and found that 6H didn't wallbounce like it normally does on air opponents. Why? I think maybe ground bounce has a different property than airborne, but I just wanted to fact check it.

huh? just tried it and it wall bounces like normal for me. if you hit them when they're on the ground, then it wont work since they're in that otg state. that's the only reason i can think of.

huh? just tried it and it wall bounces like normal for me. if you hit them when they're on the ground, then it wont work since they're in that otg state. that's the only reason i can think of.

you're right, I just tried it again and it seems I was hitting to late, but the untechable was still long enough that I didn't think it was OTG. It still seems that you have to be relatively close to the corner for 214K ch compared 6P ch though, but that might be because 6P has blowback. My mistake.

Hello, I'm pretty new to playing guilty gear competitively. I know most of Ky's basic and intermediate combos(still trying to get the advanced combos down that require FRCs, XD), but one thing I can't get down really is his vapor thrust loop; even if I FRC his LJ. After I do VT the first time to loop into the next VT, I can get the 2P > 5S.c, but by then the opponent is flying away so I can't connect his 2HS so I can begin again.

EDIT: So after I watched a few Ky Kiske videos, I realized that I'm not getting the timing for it b/c by time I try for the next VT they're already bouncing on the ground.

ok, simple question.

does Ky have a ground to air launcher that does not involve the opponent being hit into the air first?

hmmm.

this is sorta hard to put into words, so lemme try.

ok, for example.

Baiken has like 3 ground to air launchers, one of them being:

236K,(JCF)P,K,P,K,636S

here, she is launching the opponent while the opponent's feet are touching the ground.

her other 2 ground to air launchers are the same in being able to launch the opponent off the ground, into the air.

while, after many many attempts by me in trying to find a ground to air launcher for Ky, no success.

the only thing i can do is cause the opponent to be knocked into the air first,then and only then, i can instigate the launcher.

for example,

i can only come up with these combos to instigate a ground to air combo

214K,6P,2HS,(JC)P,K,S,HS,636HS

OR

214K,S,(JCF)K,S,HS,636HS

in other words, i have to knock the opponent off the ground first(with the 214K), before starting the launcher, the launcher being 2HS most of the time.

am i missing something here, movewise?

also, another question.

in GGAAC+, i've seen the CPU do this:

214K,S,(JCF)K,S,HS,636HS-HS,66,P,K,S,HS,636HS-HS

*JCF=jump cancel foward

every time i try to air dash(66) after the air 636HS-HS, it never comes out.

does anyone know how to pull off this move?

how do you air dash after a air 636HS-HS?

is the reason why the CPU able to do it, while i can't after a million tries that the timing is just to strict for a human....or is it that i'm missing some type of cancellation move....like doing a 4P+K/4S+HS cancel move?

thx in advance.

He can launch after:

236K RC on the secon hit

Throw FRC/RC

2D > 236HS FRC

2D > 236D-214D

2D > 236236P super

2HS counter hit (i think)

Combos after those would be:

5S>2HS>JC>j.S>JC>j.S>j.HS>j.6236HS-HS

5S>2HS>623HS-HS>2P/5K>5S>2HS>623HS-HS

and 2D>623S-HS>2P>5S>2HS>623HS-HS

Other combos are mostly ineffective.

You must FRC the followup of aerial 236HS to be able to air dash. You cannot airdash if you do it after double jump or ground version. You can airdash after ground version if you do jump install. You have to store jump in some of earlier moves.

Example: S(press jump than immediately 2HS before you jump)> air combo > 623HS-HS>FRC>66>j.S>j.HS>623HS-HS

It's not very effective unless you are desperate for damage. Don't look at CPU combos. Look at combos in these threads:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?3401-Ky-Kiske-Info-Combos-Thread-Accent-Core

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?3601-Ky-Aiming-for-the-max-best-man-combo.

He can launch after:

236K RC on the secon hit

Throw FRC/RC

2D > 236HS FRC

2D > 236D-214D

2D > 236236P super

2HS counter hit (i think)

and 6P ch

thx 4 the 411.

i just fiddling around, trying to figure out his ground to air combos.

seeing how millia can easily do a launcher with 2hs...while you really have to work with ky to pull one off,

makes me somewhat upset.

Forgot about 6P, haven't played Ky for a while..

Ky doesn't have to launch opponent at all for a good damage. He can do something like: 6P>5S©>5HS>6K>236HS(or 236S, I can't remember now)>FRC>66>5S©>5HS>2D or he can add another 6K>236S/HS>FRC>etc. for more damage.

thx 4 the 411.

i just fiddling around, trying to figure out his ground to air combos.

seeing how millia can easily do a launcher with 2hs...while you really have to work with ky to pull one off,

makes me somewhat upset.

it's wierd at first, but you get used to it (side note: 5H (point blank)>214K is a char specific launcher. Besides, if he had a reliable launcher he'd never use SD ever again since VT gives him great knock down; it'd be to good lol

and besides...

Forgot about 6P, haven't played Ky for a while..

Ky doesn't have to launch opponent at all for a good damage. He can do something like: 6P>5S©>5HS>6K>236HS(or 236S, I can't remember now)>FRC>66>5S©>5HS>2D or he can add another 6K>236S/HS>FRC>etc. for more damage.

^

his best combos are SE frc ground combos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG7UXYrgwhE&feature=related

oh and two other launchers:

JD and j214D ch

and if you want to be technical RTL rc and 236D~214D~46D are technically launchers.

I've always wandered, which SE is used for SE frc combos. S or HS.

pretty sure it's hs, because it has a higher level.

pretty sure it's hs, because it has a higher level.

Most likely, I never used stun edge frc. But HS stun edge travels faster, making it more ideal to use in frc combos. Coupled with the fact that, despite hs se travels faster, is also has longer recovery that s se. Hope that helps.

on the topic of SE FRC combos, can someone five supply some basic corner se frc combos for varying levels of tension? I've looked for some but I can't seem to find any.

I know this is out of the blue and all, but is anyone familiar with AC+'s GG Mode (GG Generations)...?

I want to learn some IAD combos with Ky in that, since everything can be jump cancelled. (Ky or EX Ky is fine).

Hi,

New to GG and love the game. I've decided to pick up Ky and just want to know what some good basic backdash punishes that lead to knockdown are, because standard combos seem to just be jumped out of when finished if the opponent backdashes on wakeup. you can get complicated if you want, but I want to at least know a good nonFRC combo to punish a wakeup backdash. The one I'm just doing for now is 63214 --> 6 HS (hcb,f, HS)

thanks

Just do 6HS if you predict a backdash. Since everyone's airborn during backdashes, 6HS will wallbounce them. You can repeat it a few times too. I forget how to end it properly for a knockdown though.

Running 5P (follow the backdash) 5S 2H 623H H is simple and even work on Potemkin. 6H works on much of the cast as reptar mentioned. but will likely whiff on charas with long backdash invincibility. It all depends on how close you are to the opponent on wakeup, really. You can react to a backdash if you are standing very close with 6P then follow with 5S 2H etc... there are many ways.

HELLO ALL!

ky has some decently powerful oki tools, simple stuff like cse, air cse, fb mine>dust etc... as well as a bunch of ambiguous jump-ins, air dashes, crossups and air-mine tricks.

a lot of what makes ky's advanced oki game so devastatingly dangerous is that it looks and feels so unintuitive; that being said, despite having watched videos like this http://youtu.be/n039FZ7Nwn4 over and over again, i still can't will myself to do these timings and inputs consistently.

my struggle lies in several areas:

-not air-dashing low enough, (in both head-on and crossup instances) now, as i understand it, there are two mixup opportunities here (if this is more than a two way mixup, be sure to mention it): knocking down the opponent with 2.d and running jump over their head and performing a back-air-dash and striking with either j.s to achieve a move that must be blocked in the opposite of your original orientations, OR, j.hs to delay the active frames of the move long enough to strike with a move that must be blocked from the original orientation. i also need advice on timing the ground-link move that follows immediately after completion of the descent (i think people typically use 5k or 2.d here).

-not feinting j.hs on descent correctly (instead, having the active frames strike the blocking opponent, in lieu of a true feint [animation for j.hs starting, yet canceling by landing before active frames begin]). from what i've witnessed, the concept of this oki tactic lies in achieving knockdown, then jumping either neutral (for forward facing, close-range) or jumping towards and/or possibly over the grounded opponent (for crossup, obviously) and executing either j.p (or possibly j.k i think) whilst initially ascending (which i believe is to assist in the timing of the j.hs feint; seeing as how one must wait for the animation of j.p or j.k to complete fully before another move (j.hs) can begin), the theory is sound, HOWEVER, it is possible to perform the j.p or j.k too early, allowing for enough time to inadvertently j.hs fully before hitting the ground.

-mine and fb-mine okizeme stuff. all of it. i can watch videos of it all day, but in order to learn it, i really think i could benefit more from a discussion about it.

^also, i guess there's a way to knock someone down, jump, and then while in the air (not sure if it's descending or ascending) plant a mine (in expectation of someone blocking it whilst waking up), and then throwing them while they're in their block state, after their throw invincibility ends, but before the active frames of the mine begin...

anybody know anything about that? is it supposed to be while ascending or descending? is it just a regular mine or an fb-mine?

^it's possible to knock someone down, jump, plant a mine, and cross them up in time for the mine's active frames to hit them from behind...

is this done with a jump forward or a neutral jump followed by a forward-double-jump immediately after the mine (or maybe a run jump? or an air dash after the mine?)? also, how to you combo after this? it seems after i do it, i'm always too far away, or unable to land before the opponent's hitstun has subsided (therefore enabling the opponent to block whatever i attempt to follow up with).

^a whole bunch of other stuff i can't even describe, lol...

to summarize; can anyone offer some advice to structure my timing as well as assist in scripting which oki opportunities are available during which knockdown situations?

e.g...

+midscreen vt leads to *blank,

+corner vt leads to *blank*,

+midscreen ground to air combo [throw frc>c.s>2.hs>jc.s>jc.s>j.hs>vt or some shortened version thereof]

leads to *blank*,

+2.d point blank leads to *blank*,

+throw [with no frc] leads to *blank*,

+dust combo leads to *blank*,

or if some of them are affixed with too many variables some general spacing advice would be good. the reason i ask is because it seems i have to be ready to begin whatever oki maneuver i need to use for a situation before i even get a chance to land, that is to say, i have to know the eventual consequences of certain actions (in terms of spacing) preemptively in order for me to have enough time to execute the correct technique at an early enough time.

sorry if this is kinda long for the "simple questions" thread. should i have posted this as it's own topic?

ps. i'm so happy that there's finally activity in the ky forum again!

-not air-dashing low enough, (in both head-on and crossup instances) now, as i understand it, there are two mixup opportunities here (if this is more than a two way mixup, be sure to mention it): knocking down the opponent with 2.d and running jump over their head and performing a back-air-dash and striking with either j.s to achieve a move that must be blocked in the opposite of your original orientations, OR, j.hs to delay the active frames of the move long enough to strike with a move that must be blocked from the original orientation. i also need advice on timing the ground-link move that follows immediately after completion of the descent (i think people typically use 5k or 2.d here).

The easiest way to do it is to jump over them with an immediate j. slash, then mash on the backdash. By the time the j. s animation completes, you will be set

It's not really a mixup more of it is a stupid safe oki.

-not feinting j.hs on descent correctly (instead, having the active frames strike the blocking opponent, in lieu of a true feint [animation for j.hs starting, yet canceling by landing before active frames begin]). from what i've witnessed, the concept of this oki tactic lies in achieving knockdown, then jumping either neutral (for forward facing, close-range) or jumping towards and/or possibly over the grounded opponent (for crossup, obviously) and executing either j.p (or possibly j.k i think) whilst initially ascending (which i believe is to assist in the timing of the j.hs feint; seeing as how one must wait for the animation of j.p or j.k to complete fully before another move (j.hs) can begin), the theory is sound, HOWEVER, it is possible to perform the j.p or j.k too early, allowing for enough time to inadvertently j.hs fully before hitting the ground.

Just be low enough to the ground such that j.hs comes out but doesn't actually fully execute or hit the other person. You can mess around with this in training mode.

-mine and fb-mine okizeme stuff. all of it. i can watch videos of it all day, but in order to learn it, i really think i could benefit more from a discussion about it.

^also, i guess there's a way to knock someone down, jump, and then while in the air (not sure if it's descending or ascending) plant a mine (in expectation of someone blocking it whilst waking up), and then throwing them while they're in their block state, after their throw invincibility ends, but before the active frames of the mine begin...

anybody know anything about that? is it supposed to be while ascending or descending? is it just a regular mine or an fb-mine?

You can airdash s, p, FB mine, land then throw, or plant a star, land and throw. They're both ghetto tricks that should be used maybe once a match at most.

Instead, going for counterhit is better, which sends them floating in the air for lulz.

^it's possible to knock someone down, jump, plant a mine, and cross them up in time for the mine's active frames to hit them from behind...

is this done with a jump forward or a neutral jump followed by a forward-double-jump immediately after the mine (or maybe a run jump? or an air dash after the mine?)? also, how to you combo after this? it seems after i do it, i'm always too far away, or unable to land before the opponent's hitstun has subsided (therefore enabling the opponent to block whatever i attempt to follow up with).

jump and hit d, then double jump whenever. When you have nfc which side you'll be on, then you've done it right.

Only Sensei's Ky can do this with the FB star though; I have no idea how he does it. My guess is some sort of wacky jump install is put in somewhere, but I have no idea where.

to summarize; can anyone offer some advice to structure my timing as well as assist in scripting which oki opportunities are available during which knockdown situations?

e.g...

+midscreen vt leads to *blank,

+corner vt leads to *blank*,

Same.

+midscreen ground to air combo [throw frc>c.s>2.hs>jc.s>jc.s>j.hs>vt or some shortened version thereof]

leads to *blank*,

+dust combo leads to *blank*,

Star oki, air dash oki, CSE, pretty much anything you want.

+2.d point blank leads to *blank*,

If you have tension, this should never happen, as you should automatically be canceling this into FB CSE or FRC HSE for massive damage.

If not, then CSE, or safe jump s/hs, or 5k.

+throw [with no frc] leads to *blank*,

Same.