Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Onslaught

[CS1-CSE] Valkenhayn General Discussion

palettes:

*click to enlarge*

th_BBCS_Valkenhayn_Palettes.png

*click to enlarge*

th_BBCS_Valkenhayn_Wolf_Palettes.png

Special intros with Hazama Rachel Hakumen

Has a wolf winpose in the final round.

Valken taunt: "It seems my tea is ready".

Unlimited Valkenhayn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6duqbzYpltc

Noted Changes:

General

-New idle stance. Waves his arms around.

-Starts out with no wolf gauge, instead it gradually fills up over the course of about 10 seconds. When it does fill up and you activate wolf mode the gauge decreases at halved speed and when you go back to human mode it recovers at double speed.

-Distortions apparently do more damage (NOT CONFIRMED)

Human Mode

-His hop becomes a glide.

-j.C changed. It's now 6C in the air.

-New normal: j.2C. Old j.C.

Wolf Mode

-5B, j.B, and 5C are enhanced.

-Can do 236A up to 6 times now.

-New Distortion: 236236B. Think Chipp's Zanseirouga finisher. Can be comboed off of the aforementioned 236A (x6) and can also be used in the air.

General 10% damage increase. Throw are exempt from this.

[w]5B does two hits, pressing B after the first hit on hit or block makes him repeat it before going into the second hit, but it cannot be canceled again in the same way. Only the second hit launches.

[w]j.B makes the opponent float normally on an aerial hit instead of plummeting them.

After [w]236A or 236B, you can press A up to four additional times to do follow-up auto-correcting [w]236Bs.

[w]236236B has a base damage of 2500 and never does less than this, making it the dumbest combo ender.

Does anybody know the Kanji for 'Valkenhayn'?

It's written in katakana since it's a foreign word.

ヴァルケンハイン

Mission 1:

236A

236B>236B

236C

j.214B

236A (in wolf)

236B (in wolf)

j.214A (in wolf)

236D

Mission 2:

632146D (19-hit 3008) 50%

j.236236C (3-hit 3942) 50%

214214C (24-hit 7037) 100%

Mission 3:

B>C>236A (3-hit 1548)

B>3C>236B>236B (4-hit 2060)

Mission 4:

B>C>632146D (21-hit 3623) 50%

(in wolf) A>B>236B>236B>214A (5-hit 1772)

Mission 5:

(in corner) BC>66>2C>6B>2C>sj.B>dj.B>dj.C (9-hit 2918) (says sj but don't have to)

(in corner) (in wolf) 236D>2B>2C>sj.B>dj.B>dj.C>dj.236236C (10-hit 3532) 50%

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSJXeT8AWWA

Didn't see this listed yet - here's Valk's Revolver Actions and other normal attack notes. Attacks in red gatling but won't combo. Please help me make this more complete with corrections, additions, etc.

Edit: Updated.

5A: 5A, 2A, 5B, 6B, 5C, 2C, 6C, 3C, jump, special, and wolf cancellable

2A: 5A, 2A, 5B, 2B, 6B, 5C, 2C, 3C, jump and special cancellable

6A: None

Air Unblockable

5B: 2B, 6B, 5C, 2C, 3C, 6C jump and special cancellable.

2B: 5B, 6B, 5C, 2C, 6B, 3C, special cancellable.

Low

6B: 5C, 3C. Can link into 5A, 2A, 5B, 2B? (They combo on hit). Special and wolf cancellable, can gatling or special cancel on first hit.

5C: Special cancellable and jump cancellable on hit.

2C: 6B, 5C, 6C, 3C, jump and special cancellable.

Air Unblockable

6C: Links into 2A, 5B, 5C, and 2C on hit, can link into 5B for a possible frame trap on block. Wolf cancellable.

Overhead

3C: Links into 2A, 2B, 2C, and 3C on hit.

Low

jA: jA, jB, jC, jump and special cancellable

Overhead

jB: jA, jB, jC, jump and special cancellable

Overhead

jC: Jump and special cancellable.

Overhead

w5A: w5A, w5B, jump and special cancellable

Low

w5B: Jump and special cancellable.

wjA: wjA, wjB, jump and special cancellable.

Overhead

wjB: Jump and special cancellable.

Overhead

It appears that any combo that starts like this

[h] 2A/5A > 2C > 6B > dhakjdhs will not work on lambda and noel thus far due to second hit of 6b whiffing entirely.

Can combo his air DD in with his jc.ground strings. Adds a nice amount of possibilities. RC 5D,5B

2B>3C>2362369C

6C start-up cancels to 5D

Valk can wolf cancel his special moves on whiff

j.214B is air UB and takes a primer

236C takes a primer

Wolf cannot gold burst

Not only is j.C fuzzy possible but it combo's on hit

- 6A guard point is pretty nice, activates pretty quickly (probably frame 3-4-ish). You can 6A between tager's 5C > 5D and win. Also, you can combo on 6A CH if the opponent isn't in the air when hit, you have to do earliest sj.B you can, it's pretty tricky.

[w] 7C and 4C have invul on dash start-up

- Against low blockers: 5B (blocked) > j.C > air DD is a great way to finish. You get enough time to hit confirm the j.C, and if they block you can jump cancel / j.214B > 3D wolf mixup.

5D - throw invul and low hitbox

air [w] combo gonna fail combo into 236D as it full heals wolf meter

CH 236A, 5A>3C, 2C combos

632146D - last hit will whiff if combo count too high

- 6C, j.214B, 6B, j.236A, j.236B all have same move proration rules it seems.

Astral is air unblockable

5B>5C

~standing only midscreen launch is TK 214B

~crouching only is 236C

mix-up

2A>6B CH bait

2A>2C

2A>5D

~5A

~236D

( 5B > 2B >5B ) x N gatling

[w] j.B hits fuzzy and crosses up

[h] j.B crosses up

Wolf mixup is stupid good rofl.

H blocked 236a/6b/236c:

4dd barrier to fake reversals

3d into W 236d; W a>b>combo

5db>land b>combo

W a blocked:

5db>etc

3d into W 236d; a>combo

I have a feeling you can do j.b off 3d but I forgot to try it. Magfuckingneto if it works lol.

Midscreen 6c>land>delayed H 236c will catch a neutral tech if they don't barrier asap and goes into 9d>combo.

I'm sure there are some crossup tricks I haven't explored either. Point blank blocked H 5b>9d lets you choose your side I think. Could probably do something like H blocked 236a>9d>2c into either land and W 236d/5A or falling W j.b>5b>etc. If that works you might even be able to choose which side you get with falling W j.b rofl.

*Dunno if anyone has done this yet, but I came up with what might be a pretty nifty block string/reset. Do anything then force opponent to block 6C->9D->(delay for crossup)2C, then take your pick of [w]jB, land [w]5A, [w]236D, etc. Seems like it works well against anyone who doesn't have a good antiair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIm-zKdRp8w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5l1VDmkHLw

Actually, little known fact is that Wolf j.A only applies proration ONCE per set of 3. So it doesn't matter if you do 1 or 3, it'll prorate the same for the rest of the combo.

Easy example being: [W]5B>JC>j.AAA>j.236B>j.236A>C>j.B>j.B>Land>5B>JC>j.B>3C>j.A>Land>D>[H]5B>2C>JC>j.BBC

So while there are technically 4 Wolf j.A's in the combo, it only applies proration twice since there are 2 separate sets of Wolf j.A being used. So be sure to keep in mind that its not the number of Wolf j.A's total that were used, its the number of SETS used.

I just wanted to say a few things having fought him a few times Online now...just my rough opinion (I don't have him yet, I just fought VS him so far). I have no clue how to block wolf's strings, he crosses me up easily.

As Ragna: His jumping and ground hitboxes are odd and really hard to hit, I have a hard time gauging my spacing with him, and j.B doesn't seem to cross him up as well as other characters. Also, his DD Wolf Rush practically has complete priority over anything as as far as online play goes (I hear it's a 2 frame window if you block it, so far Jin's 5A wins, and maybe Haku-men's 2D if he got lucky, otherwise blocking and then doing Inferno Divider has an extremely low chance of working after it (unless you IB'd it). His anti-air kick really kills Ragna's Jump-ins, and so far 5B and maybe 2B or a very reckless hell's fang work on him.

As Arakune: Wow, I'm surprised by all the mess and dodging gimmicks I can get away with here, Ara's 2A dive managed to dodge the wolf a few times and hit anyway. Clearly Arakune's more mobile than Valk, even if Valk has good reach. His kick strings are strong but I slithered out of them a few times. Once I get curse going he can't move practically at all to punish, and wolf is just asking to get hit while cursed.

As Haku-men: Valk has a really good pressure game to work with...his kick actually beats out Haku's 4C!!? I don't get as punished badly for using D counters as I would VS Ragna or the faster characters, but Valk is still a decent mixup character to deal with...It's really going to take some time getting used to him and wolf and also how his DD works, since normally characters will stop if their DD gets blocked or wiffs...he just keeps going! O.o (I wish Ragna's CS did that!), Black-hunt/White-hunt got me a few times here, but his DD works so well after his wide kicks...I got lucky and 2D saved me at one point. Also Valk's throw and airthrow are beastly trouble here, getting punished for using D counter vs Valk really hurts. Still can't figure out how to block wolf.

As Tager: Not too much of a problem...seeing as GETB works on wolf!! Valk doesn't have a good DP, so Gadget Finger will give him trouble, IMO. He can still mixup though.

As Jin: Normally Jin has reach on characters, but for some reason I can't hit Valk as easily as anyone else...j.C, j.D, and a few others seem to wiff more on him. I think hit confirm works better for Jin here...because of Valk's reach it's easier to punish, but if you guess wrong you're in for hurt.

As Hazama: I'm not 100% good with Hazama, but from what I saw, Valk can dominate him real bad if he isn't zoning properly.

As Bang: 5A wins :P But seriously, Valk has good reach and can really mess up Bang's air game, also being a wolf throws off my D Guard timing.

Anyway, just my feedback. I'm looking forward to playing AS Valk next week hopefully. His Airthrow reminds me of Haku-men's neutral throw.

i make all of the sprites on the sides of the character sections... i thought this was common knowledge by now

Well, props to you then. :O My bad.

Also, dumb question, but is Wolf throw invulnerable (except for Tager)?

i make all of the sprites on the sides of the character sections... i thought this was common knowledge by now

It is, or at least I knew. Can't wait to see the smiley.

Well, props to you then. :O My bad.

Also, dumb question, but is Wolf throw invulnerable (except for Tager)?

Do you mean the wolf command grab?

Command grabs can't be countered when its a neutral grab, your opponent missed a grab attempt just before or you grabbed him in a COUNTER state.

No more serious Valk questions outside of Q/A Thread!

You need to advertise that outside of Site Feedback & Suggestions. I don't think anyone who hasn't checked in there knows you make such an excellent service to us Dustloopers. :O

Ok, so, semi-serious question:

Who are his cameo color palettes? I see Ganondorf up there (#5), what appears to be John Talbain (#11), but I can't figure out who his GG color palette is supposed to be (#17). It LOOKS like it could be Slayer, but the overall suit color seems to be too light.

Ok, so, semi-serious question:

Who are his cameo color palettes? I see Ganondorf up there (#5), what appears to be John Talbain (#11), but I can't figure out who his GG color palette is supposed to be (#17). It LOOKS like it could be Slayer, but the overall suit color seems to be too light.

While this may be true, I haven't seen it because the mod here runs too tight a ship and deletes posts. Hell, last night, this thread had four times as many replies.

Haven't seen this mentioned, but when you have wolf gauge in unlimited form, anytime that you can normally defensive burst (when not in blockstun), D will let you wolf ukemi. You are invincible throughout and you land in wolf mode. Pretty crazy stuff.

i dunno if someone else has said this, but i just noticed that valks 3rd last outfit (bright yellow suit, purple hair)'s wolf form seems to be a reference to the giant wolf boss Gattuso from Tales of Vesparia...least that's what it looks like to me =p

Random findings from the past couple days, don't know if it's already been mentioned, but whatever:

- 9D6D - Awesome transform - revert IAD. Not only does it fling you across the entire screen very quickly, but you can barrier/block during the time you aren't a wolf (most of the move).

- Astral > 720. For real. 720 won't ever win. Frame 1 invincibility, meaning you can wake up when he's holding the 720 and just Astral him for free. Yes, Valk's astral is a legitimate DP.

- 6A guard point is pretty nice, activates pretty quickly (probably frame 3-4-ish). You can 6A between tager's 5C > 5D and win. Also, you can combo on 6A CH if the opponent isn't in the air when hit, you have to do earliest sj.B you can, it's pretty tricky.

- VS litchi: Between staff 5C > 3C, you can IB 6C for a free FC.

- VS tager: After gadget, backdash beats everything except 5C, spark bolt, and 1080.

- Against low blockers: 5B (blocked) > j.C > air DD is a great way to finish. You get enough time to hit confirm the j.C, and if they block you can jump cancel / j.214B > 3D wolf mixup.

- 6C, j.214B, 6B, j.236A, j.236B all have same move proration rules it seems.

- As much as I wish, j.214B is not hotaru. But it is air unblockable.

Alright! We got 1 more day of waiting! :D I'd just like to say a big thank you to all you guys who found all the combos and posted videos to prep us for this DLC *gives thumbs up* :)