Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Onslaught

[CS1-CSE] Valkenhayn General Discussion

True, but I lost hype for Valkenhayn's release when the delay was announced, so now I'm like "meh"

i need a third character so I can set kune aside for troll slot (~'.')~

i play him a lot still, just playing the same character for a year over and over...and over...and over generates a lot of kune hate mail o3o so i'm mixing it up.

i play him a lot still, just playing the same character for a year over and over...and over...and over generates a lot of kune hate mail o3o so i'm mixing it up.

I can relate with Ragna lol So I went to Hakumen. Process repeated. I love Scrub hate mail XD

I've been dying for a badass Slayer like Character, been wanting one since BB first came to the states. Finally he's here.

Has anyone else figured out his stupid blockstring mixups? He can cancel his 236 motions into wolf. Example

Whatever into 236C (hits overhead!!!) 5DBD land 5B for double overheads or for a safe cancel after dandy step.

You can essentially turn his dandy steps into feints using that wolf. 236B becomes a 50/50 in itself because of this. God, this character is dumb.

I can relate with Ragna lol So I went to Hakumen. Process repeated. I love Scrub hate mail XD

I've been dying for a badass Slayer like Character, been wanting one since BB first came to the states. Finally he's here.

he's here...on psn...

If you rapid Valks throw at the right moment you end up behind your opponent and start to travel with him.

So far 236C has proven to be fricken awesome online. It's an overhead, air unblockable, and seems to be a frame trap from 5C on normal block.

You can essentially turn his dandy steps into feints using that wolf. 236B becomes a 50/50 in itself because of this. God, this character is dumb.

if by "dumb" you mean "fucking awesome"

also i'd imagine that sort of thing is vulnerable as hell to jabbing, and would it actually be 50/50? can he throw out an overhead and airdash all in less than 17 frames?

Some random observations that might help, or are just interesting/good to know/whatever:

- You cannot wolf cancel 236C until it's active, so it's pretty easy to squeeze a reversal in before it connects for a CH. None of his normals have enough blockstun to force you to block 236C.

- 236C is relatively easy to IB since it's the easiest of the 236 series to see coming, and after IB most character's 5A will land a CH if they attempt to wolf cancel using 5D or 7D.

- 236A is safe on block, at least +2. But if they wolf cancel with 5D > [w]j.A, there's at least around a 6 frame gap (trades with jin's 5A)

- You can IB > grab between 5C > 236C, 5C > 236B (if in range), but not between 5C > 236A

- After 5C in a blockstring he only has a few options - RC, DD, 6C, or 236 series. (or nothing)

-~7 frame gap between 5C > 6C.

- no gap between 5C > 236A

- If you IB his 5C, a reversal will beat all 236's, 6C, AH.

Basically, IB 5C, which doesn't seem too difficult.

Not sure if this has been said but...

3C>2C>6B>Astral

6C(FC)>2C>6B>Astral (in corner)

And technically you could do his Astral from 2C by itself if you're close enough.

Am I the only one who's not really grasping Valk? I tried completing his challenge mode just as an intro to him and holy hell was I confused....I got to about challenge 6, skipped 5 cause I couldn't do it, and anything after that to me was a mind-fuck.....

And here I thought Arakune was hard execution wise.... maybe I should just stick with Ara?

Anyway, any tips/pointers on Valk?

PS: is anyone else getting 236B when they try and link C > 6B? It keeps happening to me and it's annoying as hell.

632146D might just be the most awesome DD ever, it's ridiculous how many times I've killed people with that today. But it does make me sad to watch it accidentally whiff and Valk doesn't even seem to notice D:

Anyone know if it's RC'able? I'd check myself but if I turn my PS3 back on I might end up playing for like another hour and I need sleep lol...

@King_Slime: Wolf rush attacks (236A/B inputs) need to be inversed when you cross someone up, if you want Wolf rush to go down, you have to invert the inverted input, lol (sounds confusing I know). Also, the whole 2C>6B>5B>5C thing has to be done fast to link, and spacing for the RC is important too, so when you do the RC you're right next to them, same applies to Hell's Fang I guess. Hardest part is controlling wolf timing, you have to wait a bit to do j.AAA JC j.D j.B j.C. Think of Wolf's special cancel as the same has hitting C+direction while as Wolf while dashing. Wolf dash won't stop until you do a normal, a special, hit D, or run out of Wolf Meter. Try it, lol...turn into Wolf and hit 8+C. XD

@LeFartknocker: IBing Valk's DD is tricky...I think Jin's 5A wins, and some other single frame stuff trades (Carnage Scissors will wiff the first bite and trade the second hit after) and a well-timed Inferno Divider. But smart players with meter will just own it with Counter Assault. Also, you're in trouble if Noel uses CA on you.

It is indeed RC'able.

I'm having a hard time with him too, his combos definitely are different for me...it's mostly timing the wolf cancels and that 6B->2C link in the corner that mess me over. Also approaching with him is hella difficult x_X. Well, day 1.

Well, his 6C can be feint cancelled into wolf j.B or what have you. There are those slight holes there but just mix it up and don't get predictable and you can do pretty well.