Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Onslaught

[CS1-CSE] Valkenhayn General Discussion

Quick question: his wolf cancels in the air (the wolf air juggle); is it somewhat similar to tao's drive in how it's done?

Valk is not like Tao :psyduck: Her combos feel totally different

I dont mean the combos, just the wolf juggle he does in the air.

Troll tactic w/ 100 Heat. Ground DD>RC+D>236D.

A better troll tactic is Air DD > RC the second hit. They'll still float as slowly as they do without the RC, and you can do whatever you want.

I dont mean the combos, just the wolf juggle he does in the air.

It's way different because you literally have to change your input with each pass. So like if you started with 236B you do 214A > 236B etc etc. Reverse 214 with 236 if you started on the Left Side.

You got two kinds of Wolf rush:

Konig Wolf A/B (Forward Rush/Diagonal Rush)

Eisen Wolf A/B (Downward Rush/Low Angle Downward Rush)

Konig Wolf is easier because you're going up, but depending on where you want your opponent to be at the end will depend on how you want to end it. In Challenge Mode they have you do something like

Right KWolfA >Left KWolfB > Right KWolfA > Left C Dash > j.B > Left EWolf A (going down back to the ground).

Has anyone noticed yet that Valk can tech into wolf form by using D to tech?

I've only been able to backwards air tech, but I haven't tried ground techs, rolls or quick standing.

If Normal Valk could Wolf Ukemi, it'd be unfair to Jin, Tager, Noel, Litchi, Bang, and Carl, since they all rely on long untechs for certain juggles.

Ukemi doesn't affect untech time.

In Jin's case, yes it does, any freeze can be Wolf teched almost immediately. Try it and see. But if it's true that others don't have that issue it's okay I guess.

Edit: Just tested it, even common special hits like Inferno Divider on counterhit become techable with it.... :v: And if that weren't enough Wolf Ukemi is essentially wolf cancel which means he can rush in during recovery frames.

So yeah...glad this wasn't given to normal Valk. :8/:

Just picture: Jin does D Musou to start a combo only for him to wolf tech the first hit and counter the rest as it comes out........I tested it and it works...really bad. Better than burst even.

Only thing it doesn't seem to work on are Distortion Drive hits, which is essentially when you can't burst either.

Unl. Valk can wolf ukemi on any hit where you could normally defensive burst. Basically once he gets wolf he becomes uncomboable. It's pretty stupid lol.

:eng101::vbang:

Lol, it was the first combo I taught myself. My new love is hit-confirming a max range CH 5b into 236C. I've only had an hour with Valk over 2 days. Stupid school :vbang:

My Noel did pretty well, her 5D went right through his 6C. But his 5B Had priority over her 5D?? Wtf?? Like I could literally press D 4 seconds late with his 6C but I pressed D immediatley with his 5B long leg kick and it always countered...other than that, it was pretty smooth since Noel's faster than Valkynhayn

But ofcourse no one was doing his wolf combos really and his wolf form is about the same speed as Noel...still think this one is in Noel's favor though

I like utilizing Wolf form as a variable airdash for Valkenhayn's human form.

[W]j.C>D>j.B/j.C/j.214B from about full screen will make your opponent think twice about blocking low/jumping into the air.

I mean, sure you can stay in wolf form and have 236A/B, but you can't empty jump into low mixup during it.

My Noel did pretty well, her 5D went right through his 6C. But his 5B Had priority over her 5D?? Wtf?? Like I could literally press D 4 seconds late with his 6C but I pressed D immediatley with his 5B long leg kick and it always countered...other than that, it was pretty smooth since Noel's faster than Valkynhayn

But ofcourse no one was doing his wolf combos really and his wolf form is about the same speed as Noel...still think this one is in Noel's favor though

6A Beats Drive, and as you found out 5B majority of the time beats 5D. 5B on CH can lead to mad damage. You just haven't fought a decent valk yet. I say it at the least even and at the most in Valk's favor.

I don't think Valk is gonna have a lot of matchups that are in his favor, honestly, just because he has to work so hard to get in. Wolf form approach is REALLY unsafe against most characters, since blocking is no longer an option while you're in it. I know when I was playing as him, I had a really hard time against Hazama, Lambda, Mu... Basically anyone who doesn't have to approach him. Also a lot of his pressure options can be beaten clean by people with reversals - though, on the flipside, it's really easy to bait reversals as Valk, so it could be a blessing if used right.

Just because it's "hard" to get in doesn't mean it's a bad match-up. It just means we have to "work" a bit harder. >:c

I don't think Valk is gonna have a lot of matchups that are in his favor, honestly, just because he has to work so hard to get in. Wolf form approach is REALLY unsafe against most characters, since blocking is no longer an option while you're in it. I know when I was playing as him, I had a really hard time against Hazama, Lambda, Mu... Basically anyone who doesn't have to approach him. Also a lot of his pressure options can be beaten clean by people with reversals - though, on the flipside, it's really easy to bait reversals as Valk, so it could be a blessing if used right.

take solace in the fact that the tsubaki matchup is in Valk's Favor.

Well if you know how to deal with Hazama's chainin them selves around to get away from ya the match really isn't that hard, just gotta be wary of the one chain that does make it in cause you will eat quite a bit of damage from that. Mu is just... I hate lasers I hated them as Haz and I hate them even more as Valk they screw everything up.