Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Onslaught

[CS1-CSE] Valkenhayn General Discussion

So. l've tried him out yesterday. He feels so safe. Like, "I can do anything and not get punished ever" safe. He's like CT Rachel with more range but no zoning. omg l love it.

l'm having a dilema though. What exactly does 6a do? lt dosen't seem like an ordinary aa.

(Everybody in Rachel's house is just broke it seems)

Is valk out yet? I know stupid question, but my friend has an Xbox, I don't so I can't check.

Not out for xbox, ps3 he has been out for about two weeks or so.

So. l've tried him out yesterday. He feels so safe. Like, "I can do anything and not get punished ever" safe. He's like CT Rachel with more range but no zoning. omg l love it.

l'm having a dilema though. What exactly does 6a do? lt dosen't seem like an ordinary aa.

6A has guard point.

2C is universal gdlk AA.

----------------------

Looking at the current changes for Valk in CS2, it seems they did quite alot of nerfing, which I think is fair enough (his damage output is insane). My main concern however, would be 6C not wallbouncing anymore. I also wouldn't want 2C to be too slow to use as an AA. :(

It was obvious they were going to nerf 2C, any CH 2C leads to ridiculously damaging combos and gain meter. It's like, with a couple of pokes and two CH 2C combos you can litterally win a round against almost anyone of the BB cast. That and the fact that it has a really good hitbox.

Although making it slower might hurt Valk more than it should. They should or could have change the move's proration rather than making it slower. Also 3C pushing the opponent further away is going to hurt as well.

IMO Valk right now is beyond CS Bang levels of divinity. With Bang's CS2 nerfs, someone must step up to take the role of the gdlk RTSD character, and CS2 Loketest 3 Valk, while nerfed, can still qualify as a contender for the spot. Even if he ends up not being S-tier.

In short, I like his nerfs.

His damage isn't that crazy...only with retard hard to do combos. 90% of his BnB's into super do like 4.5k max, which is a Ragna BnB+Carnage Scissors.

Right at this point in time, I'm under the impression it may not be worth it for 360 owners to even buy Valk till the CS2 patch. Relearning the character that soon will seriously be irriating...

Valk took me a day and a half to learn.

Besides, the patch isn't set in stone yet.

Not to bring you down from Valk's rushdown high (I know how it feels), you haven't played against a bang or anyone with 5a have you?

Valk's blockstrings are ridiculously easy to IB and bang's 5a is gdlk in this aspect to punish/poke valkenhayn out of his blockstring/combos. And you know how it goes against bang when you don't have any reversals.

In short, I feel that valk is too fragile to be playing super aggressively, especially against the likes of tager (ib 720/360), and S-tiers. You gotta play smart.

IMO Valk right now is beyond CS Bang levels of divinity. With Bang's CS2 nerfs, someone must step up to take the role of the gdlk RTSD character, and CS2 Loketest 3 Valk, while nerfed, can still qualify as a contender for the spot. Even if he ends up not being S-tier.

In short, I like his nerfs.

Rofl. He's like Ragna tier atm, hardly up there with bang and them.

People online just can't IB so he feels hella safe with shoulder rush spam. You literally stop almost all his pressure with IB shoulder rush>mash 2a.

@Wrathos - I never said l rushdown with him o.0 l use his range to poke much like l do with Litchi and Mu.

Who'd rushdown with someone with range? (Maybe l shouldn't have compared him to Rachel.)

The nerfs to Valk so far don't seem to change too much. I am most concerned as to how much of a damage nerf we are talking about and I am not sure why they wouldn't want you to combo off 6C, but with 6C being + on block and taking away a guard point on top of there being no proration on guard crush, it will probably be a highly used move.

@Tempest Dahlia - Ah, that's what you meant. When you mentioned CT rachel it just seemed to conjure up the rushdown image.

with that said... overhead mixups up the whazoo is cool and all but I wish they gave him a reversal of somekind other than his AH... Since they're going to nerf is damage output anyways surely valkenhayn could use a good reversal? >.> super hating bang oki games right now...

Right at this point in time, I'm under the impression it may not be worth it for 360 owners to even buy Valk till the CS2 patch. Relearning the character that soon will seriously be irriating...

You speak as if it'll ever come out on the 360.

*sigh*

You speak as if it'll ever come out on the 360.

*sigh*

We wouldn't want to hold our breaths now would we. I believe it will happen..... there's just not much point in thinking about it since we haven't heard a peep since the original announcements. I don't currently own a ps3 so I've found something else to do in the mean time. Phantasy Star Portable 2 lol.

He's a bit hard to use, especially with the timing and all and switching from human to wolf to human during combos.

Edit: Challenge mode doesn't help too much, is there a good way to practice using him?

maybe I'm just cursed being mediocre in fighting games... guilty gear and blazblue or I think I'm just pressing buttons too energetically.

Just go into training mode and practice real blockstrings, not just stuff into Naght Jager repeatedly because that's punishable..if you want to mix them up really bad try 5B 5C 236A 4D j.B 5B stuff like that.