Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Onslaught

[CS1-CSE] Valkenhayn General Discussion

With the new dashboard update now available, I don't see any reason why Valkenhayn will be delayed any longer than two weeks or so; or coincide with the EU release.

Lets see... I believe there will be some changes for Valkenhayn in CSII correct? If I can remember, they were going to either weaken one of his moves or his combo in general right?

ON TOPIC: Sad news. Valk is now delayed forever until the problems with MS's servers are fixed.

Fucking Microsoft.

I'd be sad if I wasn't used to this by now.

Think I'm going to go back to Tsubaki. Don't think Valk will ever win a legit tourney. He loses to zoning characters for free and has to block all day against pressure characters and that is simlpytoo many matchups to play perfectly for me.

Valk has insanely good pokes and he has plenty of ways to escape from pressure, he isn't free for zoners. Unless they can keep him out....oh wait that applies to everyone.

and he has plenty of ways to escape from pressure

Uh. :\

Besides his 6A what options does he have? The only true reversal is his Astral, lol.

As for the nerfs, I think we all saw them coming. Some of his stuff is way too god, but I just hope these nerfs don't make him too plain to use.

He can do those wolf jump things plus there's always teching properly on oki lol. Valk isn't a free win, he's very hard to beat.

So you are somehow implying that morph+dash is better than a simple jump out that any character can do, and that it's in fact a valid way of getting out of pressure?

I am intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Learn to instant block and press 5a?

Have you never seen his wolf dashes? 5D j.C j.D. He flies like half the screen.

*sighs*

Have you never seen his wolf dashes? 5D j.C j.D. He flies like half the screen.

This would be handy if it didn't work off a very limited meter that runs out incredibly fast when you're wolf dashing around.

The worst thing to happen to you while you're playing Valk is to run out of wolf meter. It's like the game's telling you that you've been naughty and you're in time out for 10 seconds.

Sad panda.

The best way to get across a long distance is to quickly wolf dash and cancel immediately while holding some of that momentum so you can

A. LoL Block

B. Not use up all of your meter in one dash.

As for Valk's viability in tourneys, I'd say that he can win simply due to his amazing mix-up and damage which is second to none. However, he lacks certain essential tools(primers, DP, oki) to really stand toe to toe against the high tier characters but he still has more chances than lets say... Tsubaki or Rachel. Aha.

People that call Valk "Brokenhayn" are too easily wowed by damage and offensive pressure... not understanding his glaring weaknesses.

I'm sticking with his as my second main regardless of the changes just the same as I am with Tsubaki and I'll just deal with it in the long run =d.

I don't know, I really hate his reach and damage. At least Naght Rozen is no longer an overhead. That's really nice.

5B surely works

We can use that till we discover something woah wtf like SCHWARZ JAGD works

(if SCHWARZ JAGD hit then, > Wolf j.A > shit would be possible, which isn't that bad)

I don't know, I really hate his reach and damage. At least Naght Rozen is no longer an overhead. That's really nice.

I stopped using that as a goto overhead a week after it cames out because how unsafe it is on block even if you wolf cancel it.

As long as 6C is still an overhead, it's all good =d.

The corner 2C thing is no big whoop, we'll lose some damage but 2B-> 5C will most likely connect which is good enough to launch them up. If they're close you can go for 2B -> 2C and do the rest from there although you'll obviously suffer more proration.

I fear a little for Valk's fate as there's a lot of nonsense about how overpowered he is and when they lessen his damage and rob him of a lot of his mixup pressure, he'll become complete crap due if those strengths aren't there to compensate for his glaring weaknesses.

Still, I'll make him work somehow =d.

I fear a little for Valk's fate as there's a lot of nonsense about how overpowered he is and when they lessen his damage and rob him of a lot of his mixup pressure, he'll become complete crap due if those strengths aren't there to compensate for his glaring weaknesses.

It's not nonsense, he really is OP. I won't list the reasons since you know them already, but he currently is too strong. I've seen plenty of reputable posters on here say the same, too, so it's not just a couple random scrub comments.