Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Onslaught

[CS1-CSE] Valkenhayn General Discussion

Depends on who you're coming from playing/what types of characters you've played in other games. I've mainly played hakumen in BB so valk isn't too disturbingly hard.

Don't force yourself to learn him if he feels iffy though. Not worth learning a character if you don't like their play style.

I came from maining Haku in CT as well, his shit it still tough to grasp sometimes. Like his Challenge #10, after the third 2C you have to jc > D > j.B > j.A > land > 5B > etc.

The j.B > J.A never connect anymroe. I don't even know why. I'll learn him eventually but damn it's going to take time.

His execution is pretty tricky.

The basic stuff is easy enough but what if you got this good hit confirm, plus the potential for mix ups and resets.

His movement will be his biggest learning curve.

9000 corner only is great...But you have to be in the corner and I'd assume its using 236B>RC>etc etc...7000 That only requires a Fatal midscreen and about 60ish meter to start is a hell of lot more practical than that.

If you're talking about 6B then its probably not going to happen. On the off chance I get a 6B fatal everyone immediately bursts or they're in the air and I can't follow up properly. I would still just save that DD>DD combo for finishing blows because its much nicer to have a CA handy or a RC than do around 800-1000 extra damage.

And to the person who asked what combos they should learn, right now it seems like C > j.B > j.B > Land > D > 5B > 632146D was taken out. Since we don't know when the patch is out for consoles you might as well learn it and piss people off while you can.

Right, I say learn everything you can about the character, and become an expert in how he moves and round and combos. That way, you'll adjust to his changes easier than if you had never played him at all.

This gets into theorizing a little too much so I'll just abstract back and make it simple.

This is my take on 'learning outdated Valkenhayn combos'

Learn everything about your character.

Your character is not a cookie cutter idea of how someone else is playing that character.

If you don't learn your character and really understand the priorities, speeds, hitboxes, hitstuns then you contribute nothing to that characters emergent gameplay.

Dustloop is about emergent gameplay and developing a character. It is not about emulating player X's play-style.

It is up to the player to incorporate their own playstyle and traps and reflexes into what the character already has to offer.

tldr; If you don't learn the 'old' stuff, it will be a lot harder to optimize and work in the changes yourself.

If you're talking about 6B then its probably not going to happen. On the off chance I get a 6B fatal everyone immediately bursts or they're in the air and I can't follow up properly. I would still just save that DD>DD combo for finishing blows because its much nicer to have a CA handy or a RC than do around 800-1000 extra damage.

And to the person who asked what combos they should learn, right now it seems like C > j.B > j.B > Land > D > 5B > 632146D was taken out. Since we don't know when the patch is out for consoles you might as well learn it and piss people off while you can.

Actually I tested it, works non Fatal:keke: Tager only though given how floaty he is. He stays in the air way longer than anyone else after Sturm Wolf's last hit.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1291885760

so this has a showcase of Valk from CS2, it's a 4800 damage combo that uses up 100 heat and only gets 16 back. Ow.

forgot to mention, the combo is at 27:00

j.C 5B>5Cxx236A>RC, 2C>6Bxx236C>9C>[w]j.A>j.A>j.Axx236Axx236B>7C, j.D [h]j.B>jc.CxxSuper = 4859 damage and 16 heat

Actually I tested it, works non Fatal:keke: Tager only though given how floaty he is. He stays in the air way longer than anyone else after Sturm Wolf's last hit.

Tested DD>DD on Rachel and it works on her as well.

Somebody please help me find some combo for Unl Val >.<..... my cousin always play Unl Ragna and i not pro enough to play against Unl Ragna with normal Val..... i have been in trainning mode for 2 days and found nothing >.<

Any help would be appreciate

oh man i love valk so much

not even 1 day of playing him and i can do all of his super damaging combos on instinct

SO EZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

for the xx wolf double falling j.B's how exactly do you time them? my 5B never connects

Having the same problem, 5B > 632146D ender blue beats for me all the time. Not sure how to input the double falling wolf j.Bs so that 5B connectss properly.

Hey um, what is a SAFE mixup string after Naght Jager because even not on instant block I get 2A'd...do I HAVE to 5A? This sis seriously pissing me off because I'm losing to mashers >_>.

I almost always follow up Naght Jager with 2A which should be safe considering 2A's startup time >_>

After Jager you can do

1) Wolf Cancel. 4D & 7D have invul which help in specific scenarions

2) 2A, although unsafe

3) 6C, should crush lows

4) Mash 6A and hope the guard point works

I'll try doing Wolf Cancels more...I never do 6C because I don't know how to combo it midscreen X_X. I learned how to 5B Storm Wolf though...just put no delay on your beast cannons and delay the C dash by just a tiny bit...you want top of the j.B's hitbox to hit the enemy.

Ya, 6c combos are really annoying midscreen. The 6c>5d>j.a can be pretty frustrating to land sometimes, especially if you hit with the tip of 6c.

Also, the relaunch combo generally boils down to:

delay cannons and use 7c

don't delay cannons and use delayed 5c.

I like the 7c option better personally because I feel it gives you more time to morph and hit the 5b.

Should I be worried that all the Valks in Japan seem to suck?

All the CS II videos of Valk have been rather... lackluster so far.

Hima's Valk is getting better but I haven't been able to spot a Valk I could look at and say "that's the way I want to play".