Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Onslaught

[CS1-CSE] Valkenhayn General Discussion

I noticed in BBCSII vids that Valk's 6C has more untech time on normal hit.

Is anyone here compiling a list of changes?

I like hima's valk better than the rest. It still just seems like no one knows how to get max damage, so I'll give it more time before I actually get worried.

I like hima's valk better than the rest. It still just seems like no one knows how to get max damage, so I'll give it more time before I actually get worried.

I'm assuming 5D 5B Storm Wolf isn't possible anymore so they may be hitting max damage for the most part =/

Can I get some link's to Hima's Valkenhayn, I also play Arakune and Hima was a great show of reference.

I'm assuming 5D 5B Storm Wolf isn't possible anymore so they may be hitting max damage for the most part =/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOR0Y4V2V1w#t=3m50s

The relaunch still works so unless they slowed down or changed the hitbox of his DD, it can probably still combo, and it still looks pretty damn fast at 4:18 when he hits her out of BBS almost simultaneously with the fist appearing. Also the combo at about 9:40 , starting off a jab, does 3251, in tried it in cs1 training mode and it does 3639. And in one of the vids that i'm too lazy to dig up, the Valk player gets something like 5700ish off a 2c starter /w super ender, with a similar combo doing around 800-1k more in CS1.

In conclusion, I think he can probably still dish out some herp-derp damage, just not quite as easily anymore. Most of the players in the vids so far (with the exception of the guy above) seem to me to be just picking him up. Lots of little things like seeing almost no AA in despite stunedge specifically mentioning his strong AA options (which im hoping means 2c is still good) and odd combo choices like 2c>3c>236b>236b at point blank instead of 2c>6b>etc. Even hima looks like he's winning more off his fundamentals in his matches than anything else

<insert mandatory do not live in Japan, basing this off vids disclaimer>

Lots of little things like seeing almost no AA in despite stunedge specifically mentioning his strong AA options (which im hoping means 2c is still good) and odd combo choices like 2c>3c>236b>236b at point blank instead of 2c>6b>etc. Even hima looks like he's winning more off his fundamentals in his matches than anything else

This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about. Like sticking extra 5a into combos for no reason. At first I wonder if maybe its something new, but then I've realized most of these people are just picking him up for arcade and don't know what to do.

Is it just me or Valk seems a bit less punchy? Don't know if it's just my imagination or what, but, hum, his transformation is slower. Don't know, he seems slower overall.

His transformation did get slower. Likely to slow down some of his wolf cancel antics that were pretty rough to see off certain things.

I wouldn't be to worried about his strength yet. It looks like his basics from CS1 are still there, but people are trying to learn him from scratch it seems.

It's not random 5A's. Do you not know what hitconfirm is? They use the 5A to hitconfirm into the next move. I do it in CS too so herpderp.

I originally had something negative written here but fuck it, I think you just misunderstood me and I don't feel like starting more fights.

Random 5A's in the middle of combos prorate the combo more and either let them tech out early or just make the damage trash, thats all I was observing.

Anyways we need to band together and stop B.P.M. from posting wrong information in matchup forums

according to frame data (and this took a bunch of time to calculate)

5B > 3C > 236B > RC > 5C > j.B > j.214B > 9D > j.A > j.236A > j.236B > C > j.B x2 > 5B > j.DB > dj.B > j.C shoul do like 3.6k Damage

Uguu, all those calculations, and at the end of the day this combo is obsolete. Sorry CS2 Hype valks ;_; 236B won't save our ass midscreen.

Here are Valkenhayn's Gatlings. I not sure how you are going to organize this info into a chart because of Valkenhayn's two seperate forms, but I'm sure you already have an idea. Anything you need cleared up or if I'm missing anything, please let me know.

Human Form

A gatlings:

o 5A: 2A, 5B, 6B, 2C, 3C, 5C, 6C, Jump Cancelable, Throw Cancelable, Special Cancelable, Wolf Transformation Cancelable*

o 2A: 5A, 2B, 5B, 6B, 2C, 3C, 5C, Jump Cancelable, Special Cancelable, Throw Cancelable, Wolf Transformation Cancelable

o 6A: None

B Gatlings:

o 5B: 2B, 6B, 2C, 3C, 5C, 6C, Jump Cancelable, Special Cancelable

o 2B: 5B, 6B, 2C, 3C, 5C, 6C, Special Cancelable

o 6B(two hits): 2A, 5A, 2B, 5B, 3C, 5C, Special Cancelable, Wolf Transformation Cancelable(Dash, 2nd hit only)**

C Gatlings:

o 5C: 6C, Jump Cancelable, Special Cancelable

o 2C: 6B, 3C, 5C, 6C, Jump Cancelable, Special Cancelable

o 6C: Wolf Transformation Cancelable(Dash)

o 3C: None

Jump Gatlings:

o j.A: j.B, j.C, Jump Cancelable, Throw Cancelable, Special Cancelable, Wolf Transformation Cancelable

o j.B: j.C, Jump Cancelable, Special Cancelable

o j.C: Jump Cancelable, Special Cancelable

WOLF FORM GATLINGS

o 5A: 5B, xC(Rasen Wolf)***, Jump Cancelable, Special Cancelable(Wolf)****

o 5B: xC(Rasen Wolf), Jump Cancelable, Special Cancelable(Wolf)

o xC(Rasen Wolf):Special Cancelable(Wolf), Human Form Cancelable*****

o j.A: j.A(x3), j.B, xC(Rasen Wolf), Jump Cancelable, Special Cancelable(Wolf)

o j.B: xC(Rasen Wolf), Jump Cancelable, Special Cancelable(Wolf)

* = Press D to transform into Wolf Form; standing

** = Press D to transform into Wolf Form; xD functions as a secondary Rasen Wolf dash(*** applicable)

*** = Wolf Form dash special ; x = direction Valkenhayn will dash while in Wolf Form; press C to cancel dashing animation

**** = Wolf Form special moves only

***** = Press D to transform into Human Form

From/for the Gatlings/Revolver Actions thread, please let me know if I have everything right here or if there is something I need to include.

You have one major mistake and 2 minor mistakes. The first minor one is that 2B DOES NOT gatling into 6C. 2nd is that j.B also gatlings into j.A in Human Form

Major Problem: Your 6B gatlings are waaay off. You put down what links after 6B, not what gatlings after it. There are only 2 gatlings off of 6B and you can gatling them off of either hit of 6B and those are 5C and 3C. Nothing else gatlings off of 6B.

Also this is just nitpicking but techncially, C cancels in Wolf Form of say j.B isn't a gatling since theres no attack attribute to it, its better described as a Command Dash Cancel. But again, just nitpicking.

Everything ele is right though.

oh my.

my ho is looking pretty sad now. *sips tea*

let's hope that valkenhayn gets figured out and overall better, yes?