Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Onslaught

[CS1-CSE] Valkenhayn General Discussion

Actually, I wouldn't quite mind a tutorial-esque video along those lines. It'd be good to learn about more mix ups with Valk, the ones I'm doing are too reliant on me having full wolf meter to get any damage off of them.

Well right now I'm making a combo video that has an interesting pickup for Valk that can lead to 5k easily that no one uses really...

We talkin CS or CS2?

Also don't we have enders where We j.C faceplant kick them next to the ground, forcing them to tech neutral? How about those w.JB enders some people are using to begin pressure in wolf form? (And if they have DPs we can bait em lol)

Then again...I haven't played in quite a while so I'm misinformed about current changes. Take all I say with a gran of salt.

Also, for some reason I think 2A > 5D > w.A would be a great troll pressure string.

Also, do people forget we can cancel 6C/236B's startup into wolf form for maximum trolling?

Funny, you claim that Valk's c-grab doesn't mean anything since yomi can beat it, and that the fact that he can freely double overhead and switch between highs and lows in wolf mode isn't good mix up because it's "slow", then you list double overheads and a c-grab as Bang's strengths, despite Bang getting nerfed just as hard (or possibly harder) than Valk, and that his double overhead/c-grab are all just as slow/slower than Valk's in wolf in the first place. Just to be certain, are we even talking about the same game here? The Bangs are all sad that their pressure isn't as strong in CS2 for a reason.

As for what you listed; you're apparently claiming that Valk's mixup isn't safe because he doesn't have oki that forces it to start. That's all fine and dandy, people bitch about BB not having true oki for a reason. That doesn't mean that once he gets in with wolf mode, he automatically going to be hit out for trying something.

I said you should have decent yomi, if he changes into wolf form your going to get command grabbed but if you have decent yomi is won't happen as often and it won't be as big of a treat, same goes for bang,hazama, and plat's command grab, BUT valk has to change into wolf form to do his meaning they don't have to worry about it until they see wolf or they have low wolf meter meaning your command grab is ALOT more telegraphed that the rest of the cast's.

and yes your wolf mix up is slow because if i SEE you transforming into wolf I have a free chance to mash out and there's nothing you can do about it unless you back off and bait it. Yeah the wolf mix up is hard to block but turning into wolf and mixing me up with me still respecting you is a problem.

Valk non wolf mix up IS BAD there's a SLOW overhead that i can hit you out off on reaction to seeing it, if i do block it and you turn into wolf for a second overhead then hey look he's turning into wolf 5A him out of it it's that simple, but you do have rising j.C but you need 50 meter to combo off of it.

Bangs pressure was nerfed but he can still go all in with some of his new gatlings plus he still has nails even though they're not as good, i'm sure those bang players will figure it out.

Plus like I said before valk CANNOT instill the fear of YOUR GOING TO DIE IF YOU DON'T BLOCK THIS into players alos against valk you can take more risks because it's not going to hurt as bad as some of the other cast.

Also so we agree that valk does not have true oki so how can he be upper tier in a more pressure based game where other characters have true oki and output more damage than him?

valk does have true oki o.0

you dont need a spectacular display of frogs, bubbles and daisherin's to have great oki though that does help lol

2a 2c option select, an even still 2c hits tech rolls iirc. back into the corner they go.

and of course once the start respecting you, you go in and eat them alive

If you're capable of consistently reacting to a 7 frame animation, all the more power to you. I'm certain you'll go far making certain that every single Valk you run into from now until the end of time never gets to wolf cancel on you. Ever.

I'm done with this argument, it was funny at first, but now it's just tiresome and annoying. I'm not going to waste any more time trying to argue sense into someone who goes back on his own arguments in the space of a couple hours and starts listing subject matter off topic to the original argument, just to keep a pointless argument running. Take it as your win, I really don't give a damn at this point. Come back when you've learned more about this character, or want to learn more.

I dont even play Valk and I know his mix-up is more gdlk than the rest of the characters.

Also, do people forget we can cancel 6C/236B's startup into wolf form for maximum trolling?

Man,this is exactly why I feared/hated fighting Valk.

I agree this argument is over as you could not give me any good counter argument on why my reasons were false. It is more tiresome when the other side cannot hold up a legit argument or give you any reasons on why yours aren't relevant. I think you should learn how to play valk instead of doing combos and set ups in training mode and saying this character will be good without taking other characters into account which is how a tier list is set up OR you should learn to play this game because obviously you think its about valk but its valk vs. the cast.

but hey this argument is over, good job getting bodied

I agree this argument is over as you could not give me any good counter argument on why my reasons were false. It is more tiresome when the other side cannot hold up a legit argument or give you any reasons on why yours aren't relevant. I think you should learn how to play valk instead of doing combos and set ups in training mode and saying this character will be good without taking other characters into account which is how a tier list is set up OR you should learn to play this game because obviously you think its about valk but its valk vs. the cast.

but hey this argument is over, good job getting bodied

I'll tell you what Dusty, I'll MM you in CS2, not for a FT5 or anything like that. This a defense match. Can you block ALL of the mixups I throw at you for an entire round? If its so easy and weak as you say it is, shouldn't be an issue right? Just REACT for me and show me how bad it supposedly is. You block everything, no counter attacks, no running, just block and avoid Command Grabs for 99 seconds. You win, $50 in your pocket, you lose, you think a bit harder about how "bad" he is.

FYI, you should give the Valk players at least a bit of credit instead of bashing on us for "playing combos." We completely respected your arguments and just tried to describe how they're a bit off and you're just insulting us as players. I've been busting my ass since he came out on 360 to learn him. I don't just auto pilot combos as blockstrings or any of that shit. Frankly I'm pissed you assume thats all we do. The Valk forums are NOT just a bunch of idiots yelling at each other over how awesome 2C is and that 5B>5C>236C is the best mixup ever. Learn to not be as ignorant and give the people you're arguing with some credit.

On another note, how much do you think we'd benefit from invul on wolf command grab & a j.C > j.B gatling, thus letting us combo j.C meterless?

Arcsys would probably give j.C a P1 of like 60 lol. Then we'd have a Rachel j.A syndrome and gassaishou spam syndrome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kw4XhrGZOI

so much disrespect D: (then again, it IS noel...)

looks like 2d gonna wreck his shit

Just something more to keep in mind. Everything in wolf except 5A should beat 2D out if they don't time it perfect anyways. Dealing with it in human could get annoying though.

For j.C > j.B, no thanks, I like my j.C having good P1.

you guys are so wrong.

i don't respect that wolf nigga's mixup

upback and mash or die to his retarded high low mixup.

you really don't have to respect it...(or you'll lose)

you guys are so wrong.

i don't respect that wolf nigga's mixup

upback and mash or die to his retarded high low mixup.

you really don't have to respect it...(or you'll lose)

Tired joke is tired. Can we please shut up on this now?

i'm not joking.

why does my opinion have to be a joke?

Because at this point I'm taking everything as a joke. It's keeping me from biting people's heads off for being idiots.

I understand why people would much rather jump or mash out as soon as possible rather than sit back and try to play the guessing game with Valk's mix up. What I'm losing my temper over is that all the Valks are saying that Valk has a strong mix up, and all the people who don't play Valk are trying to convince us that he doesn't.

Because at this point I'm taking everything as a joke. It's keeping me from biting people's heads off for being idiots.

i go to college good sir, i'm not an idiot.

i'm a member of dustloop.com! i must be credible!

I play Valk... His mixup is only okay. What makes his mixup good is how you hide it; people don't have to respect it at all.

I play Valk... His mixup is only okay. What makes his mixup good is how you hide it; people don't have to respect it at all.

shut up, you only play combos.

you really shouldn't try to block wolf mixup, thats like trying to block rachel ja

I understand that, letting the Valk get rolling is playing right into the Valk's hands. I'm just being ragy, illogical, and not reading what other people are writing. Sorry for snapping earlier *bows*