Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Onslaught

[CS1-CSE] Valkenhayn General Discussion

I'm going to wait till I see more changes. It doesn't seem like most of this stuff is TOO bad. It looks like they're taking wolf meter drain back to cs1 (cs2 wolf meter is honestly too long). If you can still get at least 3 beast cannons then that nerf won't be bad either. He'll have some interesting combo potential with 3c being special cancellable; I hope they give him a silly pop up on it like hazama's 3C. I'd actually consider that a buff. All i know is they better not touch:

Command Grab

Anything about [w]j.A or 5A

[w]4/7C invinc

[w]j.B hit box

wolf dash braking

Increased start up on any of his pokes

[w]j.214A/B cross up hitbox

Those are the changes we should cry foul about. If any of that gets changed it'll be bad times.

Command grab got nerfed Guardian, but it's a nerf that makes complete sense.

Eh I don't mind that nerf, a command grab is supposed to be a risk. Look at Bang's

I don't mind either. I thought it was really dumb how safe it was on whiff.

Actually, I didn't mention it before, but the new 236A buff is really really strong. It actually buffs his corner damage and wall carry IMO, and probably makes him one of the strongest characters in extend (so I hope they remove it lol).

They'll probably make it uncomboable on midscreen?

So far it's proven to be comboable off of a raw 236A on an airborne opponent. Whether or not it works off of something like 5B > 3C > 236A > 5D has yet to be confirmed.

The nerfs make sense to me, I just refuse to be happy about them. After all, I see no reason to be happy that I'm going to be having a harder time than before.

Actually, I didn't mention it before, but the new 236A buff is really really strong. It actually buffs his corner damage and wall carry IMO, and probably makes him one of the strongest characters in extend (so I hope they remove it lol).

Noooo, I love the idea of actually doing stuff on midscreen hit confirm without 50 heat/CH.

I believe it's saying 2C = less untechable time and 6C has longer start-up. I believe it also says that you can't connect 2C > 6C off weaker proration starters, not that you can't connect it at all, but I'm not sure.

Its unclear whether 6C really has been slowed down or if its a proration related issue.

Or both.

(Valk's character combo rate might have gone down,too)

For instance, [Eisen>5A>bla bla]>2C>6C doesn't work.

However,[JB>3C>JA]>2C>6C seems to work just fine.

(I'm not sure if this is missing a wolf 5B at the beginning or if he deliberately left it out.)

*5B>3C>rc>2C>6B>2C>6C>mond licht>3 beast cannons>C~D>JB>JB>JC does 3907.

(CS2 = 4397.)

*Wolf JA>[5B>JA x3] does more then 1,1K

(cs2 = 770)

*3C>schwarz was character specific in the last loketest.

This time, it appears to not work on anyone.(unconfirmed)

3C>rosen doesn't connect on anyone so far.

*The increased hitstun of nachtjäger on a grounded opponent isn't a big deal.

(6B FC>jäger>2A doesn't work,so its not back to cs1 status.)

It should be about +2 on hit.

*Midscreen throws can be followed up with nachtrosen or sturmwolf.

throw>rosen>9D>[JA>2 beast cannons>C>JB>JB>5B]>JB>JB does 2.5k

Unconfirmed:Back throw might be character specific.

(Ragna,Tager,Lambda,hakumen)

*[Wolf JA/JB]>2A has become slightly more important due to the increased gauge drain.

[JA/JB]>2A>3C>jäger>2C>6C apparently connects.

It remains to be seen if that combo route is superior then the standard rosen launcher,though.

*2B's recovery is faster.(Unconfirmed.)

*Eisen wolf

On CH it can't be followed up with wolf 5B or 2C.

More recovery,worse proration.

source:bbs

thanks nokita. digging all the changes.

and yes please make 2b a better move :(. i hate that it's negative on hit.

After all, I see no reason to be happy that I'm going to be having a harder time than before.

i like that arc sys is taking the time to remove the herpaderp aspects of valk's game.

i want a strong character, but i don't want them to be strong because of braindead things, no offense to valk players.

i do want better reversal options than 6a or sturm wolf, but maybe that's asking for too much heh.

I would be okay with everything if they weren't increasing meter drain as well.

How so?

Since BBCT came out I've only played Noel, so playing someone who has this unique of movement and options is just really different. I'm only like.. 2 days into learning Valk but so far he's pretty sick.

Lately I really got some of Valks more advance combos down but boom CS2 extend is around the corner. What would you say is Valks worst MU? Hope 6A become a reliable move in extend

@guardian, i'm curious as to why you think makoto is his hardest match up. I play against my valk friend alot (u remember Lockhart from Final Round) since last December and i always felt Valk beats her even if its only by a little.

Makoto's annoying since her strong offense/oki + Valk's weak defense means that getting put on the defensive is even more annoying than in most matches. I still haven't come to a conclusion on how hard I think the match up is though; both due to the fact that I rarely fight good Maks (Damn you netplay! :arg:), and because Valk wins in neutral and has a strong offense himself.

I've always found Mu to be the hardest myself. Lasers, a passable DP, and her strong AA game screw over wolf, and she has a strong enough offense to capitalize on Valk's weak defense once she gets in. Litchi (staff is annoying) and Hazama (chains and Jayoku are also annoying) are tied for second in my book.

makoto's bad simply because she out damages valk and if you get hit once or even block makoto once, you could lose the round instantly (also has a valk specific wall carry combo, lol 6c > 216a~c~d)

and valk vs makoto in neutral is pretty good for valk until makoto learns to parry your shit (e.g. any cannon).

She doesn't even need to parry, her 5B is more than enough to hit Valk out of a lot of stuff, wolf cannons included :\

I found out so far that best thing vs her is plain simple footsies. Trying to do fancy wolf break stuff is useless as she just needs to push A or B and make you feel awfully sorry for it.

The only good thing about this matchup for Valk is that on corner oki he can go for human 2B and it will low profile Makoto's DP.

The only good thing about this matchup for Valk is that on corner oki he can go for human 2B and it will low profile Makoto's DP.

I always wondered why Hima used 2B on Makoto's wakeup. Thanks Ronove.

I always wondered why Hima used 2B on Makoto's wakeup. Thanks Ronove.

It also beats her Parry, since she can't Parry lows. Omni has been saying for a while that one of the big ways to annoy a Makoto is to spam lows, preferably ones that low profile you, since they beat her reversals.