Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Onslaught

[CS1-CSE] Valkenhayn General Discussion

well besides from the face and the torso looking a little fat, it's not bad. much better than anything l could have conjured up

your fellow loli thanks you.

Can someone give me a few video links with Valk that has players that knows the match up? Any would be fine.

Wait for Orion Elite's stuff from newest NCI I'd guess as he's like the only person in US that's gone to an offline tourney with him afaik. Though I might next tourney. For JP, just go through vid thread and look for sendatu or shadow valk listings.

Wait for Orion Elite's stuff from newest NCI I'd guess as he's like the only person in US that's gone to an offline tourney with him afaik. Though I might next tourney. For JP, just go through vid thread and look for sendatu or shadow valk listings.

Oh god...My stream matches are god awful. I scrubbed out in Top 3 HARD. The rest of the tourney was great, Only lost one game the entire bracket until I hit winner's finals. Tourney nerves of being on stream got to me :vbang: Buuuuut they aren't all bad. I did use a couple of my intricate resets in it like the [W]j.214A crossup setup and junk like that.

Good to see himajin going straight for (w) j.236A after Mondlitch

Seriously, why were they prorating the combo with a 9D > jA?

So I decided to look into this as I've been curious as to why they were doing that too. So this was a bit harder to recreate as I have to make Carl airdash, smack him with Valk, try and find the one spot where he starts [W]j.236A in this terrible quality video :v: BUT I believe we have a case similar to Rozen. Now given the quality of the Video, I can't say this with 100% certainty so take it with a grain of salt but I believe Mondlitch has a slightly different trajectory than CS1. Its not a big difference but it appears he launches them in more of an upward arc instead of outward. So my theory is combine that with the decreased untechable time may mean that in some cases, going straight into [W]j.236A may not work. If I had to guess, it might depend on the length of the combo up to that point that determines the ability to do that. But then again, take it a with a grain of salt, this was much harder to recreate and compare right given how hectic the situation was. Oh and I used the 3rd round of the Valk vs Carl match in the Okazaki videos as a reference. Happens around 5:52.

^yes that is the reason, as seen in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oebz5Sm1Xn0 <- around 1:30

ldk if that's just from valk using [w]j.236b as opposed to j.236a though. imo i dont think it would have mattered because of how fast ara teched before the move even finished.

What exactly are you pointing out?? I'm tired so I'm probably not noticing:v:

There was a Valk in recent vids trying to do H j.214b>5d>j.236a and missing it in vids. He hit it on other chars though so it might be a hitbox thing.

What exactly are you pointing out?? I'm tired so I'm probably not noticing:v:

valk did j.214b into [w]j.236b. although [w]j.236b dosent work anyway, you can see how much the untech time decreased... l doubt [w]j.236a will work without the j.a.

(although l'm sure no one cares about theoryfighter :x )