Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Onslaught

[CS1-CSE] Valkenhayn General Discussion

Ahhhhh ok I see it now. Well midscreen it looked like you could maybe do j.214B>5D>[W]j.236A but it looked like the timing is tight and dependent on being near the beginning of the combo. When I saw the Valk player do it against the Arakune, he Wolf Dashed almost till he completely under him and then did j.236A. You can pretty much just cancel and go forward like an inch and then do it. But I'm guessing if you dashed a bit less and then did the j.236A, it could connect. It goes very far and has a good hitbox so I bet the timing is just tight.

Wolf meter does not drain/gain during hitstop.

If Wolf meter is depleted, it refills over time, even in the air.

ahh hazama hitbox is weird when doing valk combos .. wolf j.AAA doesn't connect on on him most of the time

Yeah on charcters with smaller hitboxes I tend to just hit a really low single [W]j.A and go into j.236A from there. It might get a bit funky looking but it'll work 90% of the time.

cool and noticed 6B doesn't connect on him when doing

5b > 5c > 236a > RC > 2c > 6b > etc

any good varient combo like maybe 3C after 2C?

EDIT: added RC hehe

cool and noticed 6B doesn't connect on him when doing

5b > 5c > 236a > RC > 2c > 6b > etc

any good varient combo like maybe 3C after 2C?

EDIT: added RC hehe

Combo works on Hazama midscreen, try RCing as soon as 236A hits and do 2C while Valk is still sliding, 6B should connect afterwards. (Works on the other small hitbox character too FYI)

The only character that this combo doesn't work on is Tsubaki(testing atm, edits possible).

That method only works if you hit the 236A early so you still have some of the forward momentum. If you hit it late, you won't slide far enough to make it work as effectively. For characters with bad hitboxes, best thing you could probably in terms of combo completion for max heat gain would be to RC and go straight into 3C. You get enough momentum almost no matter that to link into 2C and a get a full Air/Wolf combo with much better prorartion since you can omit the 2B>5C and I believe you should be able to get the [W]5C>j.B>j.B>Land>5B>JC>j.B>3C>j.A>Land>D>[H]5B>2C relaunch which that in itself gives you back about 20 meter. I take 236A RC combos as a chance to get moderate damage but I mostly look for it as a chance to get back as much of the 50 heat as I can. Since you have to start from something like a 5B, damage output isn't going to be good maximize compared to half of his other normals so always shoot for heat gain.

One extra thing to note about the 236A RC combos, how you start the combo determines your ability to do the 2C>6B gatling after the RC. Way I've noticed it, if you start the combo with a jump in like [H]j.B or j.C, theres a big chance the push back from that plus the normals leading to the 236A will make the 6B whiff. SO, what I suggest is either using the meter and just cutting out the 6B by going 2C>Rozen into the usual combo. Rozen works from 2C on standing so that means its always gonna work. But if you want an easy mode universal variant on the 236A RC combo that maximizes heat output I suggest this:

[H]5B>5C>236A>RC>3C>2C>5C>JC>j.B>j.214B>D>[W]j.236A>j.236B>C>j.B>j.B>Land>5B>JC>j.B>3C>j.A>Land>5B>JC>j.AAA>j.B Damage: ~4300 Meter gain: 46

So assuming you didn't start with 100 heat, this will give you back nearly all the heat spent on the RC which is fantastic. Not to mention it works on standing which get getting combos on standing opponents for Valk is quite annoying half the time so this is a great way to use your meter.

5B > 5C > 236A > 2B > 5C?

Then what do you do after that?

I think he means after a 3C instead of the 2C pickup :v:

I think he means after a 3C instead of the 2C pickup :v:

I'm assuming that too. Biggest issue is that the proration will limit the rest of your combo by a lot. If you can hit the 2C relaunch into full combo, you get back 46 of the 50 meter you spent.

I'm assuming that too. Biggest issue is that the proration will limit the rest of your combo by a lot. If you can hit the 2C relaunch into full combo, you get back 46 of the 50 meter you spent.

Is it really that heavily prorated? I use that pickup alot and it's never dropped one of my combos...but I usually don't go for the Wolf Relaunch...I usually do xx[w] j.B j.B 5D 5B 2C/5C(spacing) j.B j.B j.C or Storm Wolf for damage lol

Is it really that heavily prorated? I use that pickup alot and it's never dropped one of my combos...but I usually don't go for the Wolf Relaunch...I usually do xx[w] j.B j.B 5D 5B 2C/5C(spacing) j.B j.B j.C or Storm Wolf for damage lol

Well I go for the absolute max damage/heat gain enders which is [W]5C>j.B>j.B>Land>5B>JC>j.B>3C>j.A>Land>D>[H]5B>2C>JC>j.B>dj.B>j.C This nets you huge heat gain with a little bit extra damage on top of it and if you use the 3C, 2B link, you can't do this ender which is crucial to making this RC combo worthwhile given you get back 92% of the heat you spent:keke:

Was a really sexy Slayer pallete Valkenhayn on the NSB stream ...last night/this morning. Too lazy to translate his name/it probably had kanji, hopefully the videos appear on Nico so we possible have a new Valk to watch for...seeing as I can't find him on bbcs2.net...he had/has 244 PSR on the stream though...so it's probably only a frew number above or below..

link to the stream or recorded matches?

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/12341915

The 243/244 PSR Valk is at the 28:00 minute mark. There's another Valk at the 58:00.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/12343519

Kubo's Valk at 19:30

A different Valk at 1:03:10

The Valk with 244 PSR returns around 1:07:06

link to the stream or recorded matches?

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/12341915

The 243/244 PSR Valk is at the 28:00 minute mark. There's another Valk at the 58:00.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/12343519

Kubo's Valk at 19:30

A different Valk at 1:03:10

The Valk with 244 PSR returns around 1:07:06

Was a really sexy Slayer pallete Valkenhayn on the NSB stream ...last night/this morning. Too lazy to translate his name/it probably had kanji, hopefully the videos appear on Nico so we possible have a new Valk to watch for...seeing as I can't find him on bbcs2.net...he had/has 244 PSR on the stream though...so it's probably only a frew number above or below..

Was Hima according to somebody posting them on youtube. Kubo was also there with some of the most ridiculous wolf use ever. Also a zombie Valk that was quite good.

So apparently 2A > 236A > repeat is a perfect blockstring on ranked XBL matches!

So apparently 2A > 236A > repeat is a perfect blockstring on ranked XBL matches!

You gotta mix it up every once in a while! Throw out a 5A>236A and they'll shit they're pants :3 Honestly though I can't stand playing Valk online. The lag ruins me to no end. Doing 236C>9D>[W]j.A on half the cast online(Especially Hazama...FUCK HAZAMA) is a nightmare. I adjust a little early, it fucking misses, I adjust a little later, I go flying over them. Sooooo I just get them to the corner and then do my 5C>6C blockstring over and over and over and over...Apparently its unbeatable :3