Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Onslaught

[CS1-CSE] Valkenhayn General Discussion

I'd officially main Valk if his 6A were JC'able :(

He'd be broken beyond belief if he could do that. It already beats ANY super that isn't a grab or more than 5 quick hits. You could in theory 6A clash against the first 9 hits of Carl's Rhapsody of Memories before you'd have to do something to get out. Beat's Daifunka, Ashura, Carnage Scissors, Haku's Sword super, Hazama's Kick super, you can beat Makoto's Big Bang Smash on reaction. If she wakes up and she throw its from full screen thinking you'd hit a button, just sit idle and mash on 6A during the flash. You'll absorb the hit everytime. Beats MTW most of the time. Its such a good move to destroy someone being predictable. If it could Jump Cancel, it'd be retarded. We have 2C, thats already broken, 2 broken AA moves would make Valk even more silly:3

ohh shoulda worded my post more .. I meant in CS2 where 2C being AA is gone :(

6A is an awesome move but it puts you at like -17 if I remeber correctly, so its easily punished if baited.

not a reliable AA in high level play imo .. plus you can't chain it to any move if blocked = free punish

I think I'll use wolf 5B AA more than human 6A in CS2

good info about 6A beats all supers, didn't know that :)

ohh shoulda worded my post more .. I meant in CS2 where 2C being AA is gone :(

6A is an awesome move but it puts you at like -17 if I remeber correctly, so its easily punished if baited.

not a reliable AA in high level play imo .. plus you can't chain it to any move if blocked = free punish

I think I'll use wolf 5B AA more than human 6A in CS2

good info about 6A beats all supers, didn't know that :)

I think 2C will still be a good AA. They just toned down the reward from it. You can still hit almost 7k with it in CS2. They just made 6A more worthwhile as well. Also, little known fact that Valk's 5A is quite good at being an AA too. Quick, good hitbox above Valk's head and gets you a simple Wolf combo into oki. Quite strong if you're unsure of a bait or not.

wait 2C to 7k in CS1!! what's the combo?

I always net 5.9k~ from it

In CS1??? 2C and hit 10k in CS1 :3 Its his absolute best starter. If its an AA, 2C hits about 6.8k with Super ender but it can hit almost 8k if its grounded and it builds its own meter for a Sturm ender!

CH2C>JC forward>Land>2C>6B>3C>2C>5C>JC>j.B>j.214B>5D>[W]j.236A>j.236B>5C>j.B>j.B>Land>5B>IAD>j.B>j.A>Land>D>[H]5B>Sturm

Double post: Found the most strange thing you can do off of midscreen forward throw with Valk. Its very character specific as it ONLY works on Bang and Arakune. So the way it works is when you're midscreen and you grab either of them with the basic 5BC Grab, if you Rapid Cancel the throw as soon as possible, a hitbox issue pops up where after the Rapid, Valk will appear in FRONT of the now flying Bang/Arakune and he will be forcibly sliding with them. Now for the reason why this is AWESOME!: Normally, midscreen, you get nothing combo wise from the throw but now if you Rapid it and slide with them, when they hit the ground, you can follow up the combo with 2C>6B>2C>5C>JC>j.B>j.214B etc and net a good 4k meterless damage and most of the spent meter back to Valk. This makes his pressure and mixup much more rewarding and therefore much strong when he has meter against Bang/Arakune. This makes the Bang/Arakune matchups either flat even or even in Valk's favor given that his mixup has another level to it against them. The more you know :3

EDIT: For completions sake I tested out combos to see what you could get off of it. You also have to make sure you don't duck to start the 2C right away or else they will fly over your head. You have more than enough time to wait till they hit the ground to start the combo.

5BC>RC>Delayed 2C>6B>2C>5C>JC>j.B>j.214B>5D>[W]j.236A>j.236B>5C>j.B>j.B>Land>5B>JC>D>[H]j.B>dj.B>j.C 4183 Damage and 41 Heat is regained from the combo. This makes it very worthwhile as you get back 80% of the heat you used to start it. If you have that extra 9 meter then you could end on Air Super for ~5300 Damage.

Double post: Found the most strange thing you can do off of midscreen forward throw with Valk. Its very character specific as it ONLY works on Bang and Arakune. So the way it works is when you're midscreen and you grab either of them with the basic 5BC Grab, if you Rapid Cancel the throw as soon as possible, a hitbox issue pops up where after the Rapid, Valk will appear in FRONT of the now flying Bang/Arakune and he will be forcibly sliding with them. Now for the reason why this is AWESOME!: Normally, midscreen, you get nothing combo wise from the throw but now if you Rapid it and slide with them, when they hit the ground, you can follow up the combo with 2C>6B>2C>5C>JC>j.B>j.214B etc and net a good 4k meterless damage and most of the spent meter back to Valk. This makes his pressure and mixup much more rewarding and therefore much strong when he has meter against Bang/Arakune. This makes the Bang/Arakune matchups either flat even or even in Valk's favor given that his mixup has another level to it against them. The more you know :3

Video of said findings.

To clarify

Throw RC 5D>5C>5D v 2B 5C picks up on everybody midscreen, I've been doing it a long time now ^^

EDIT

Amazing find btw!

whats "v" mean in the combo you listed :kitty:?

If I recall correctly, thats the way they define a Link in combos.

Also I have no clue if this was fixed in CS2. I haven't seen a japanese player even try to throw midscreen. So I'll assume no they haven't fixed it :3

EDIT: I didn't notice this is pretty old. Why haven't people been using this more?! Its sooo good :3

My terminology is always wack sorry guys =\

'v' can mean 'to land', I'm overexplaining in this example so it's easier to imagine.

throw rc transform dash transform land 2K>5C

I use commas to signify a link and I use > to signify a gatling

Soooo...My friend from Iplaywinner finally got the little Combo video for the BB section on IPW's site recorded! The only real practical combo is the first one which is what I do after an Air Throw since its somewhat more universal than landing and trying to link into Rozen. Enjoy! :keke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiJVRtXUuFg

stealing the first combo :P

That airthrow combo is the easiest and most reliable pickup assuming you have the airdash. Landing and trying to link into Rozen becomes a pain since being near the corner for the throw will mess it up. I was debating over an airthrow combo or my way of doing Command Grab RC midscreen. But I decided to just do that.

how much harder did valk seem to get in cs2? l'm planning to make him 'the first competitive male character l know how to play' (unless anyone counts ash from kof :v:). he seems less bs this time around but l hear he's got nudored worse than a three-legged albino dog.

which, from what i've watched, is not true at all.

lol Tempest Dahlia. You hate on JP or something? I played you last night on CS on my alt account and you raged when I sent you a message xD

Valk just seems to have harder timing with his Bnb's, nothing else afaict.

That airthrow combo is the easiest and most reliable pickup assuming you have the airdash. Landing and trying to link into Rozen becomes a pain since being near the corner for the throw will mess it up. I was debating over an airthrow combo or my way of doing Command Grab RC midscreen. But I decided to just do that.

I've always had trouble comboing after an airthrow in the corner but this really helps! you don't have to airdash if you threw them close to the corner, just go for 214B ... finally my airthrow problems have been solved lol.

Tried his 5A AA, it seems to work the same as Litchi's .. I like it! Any of you know if his 2A functions as an AA? like jin's 2A

Did try double strum on tagar a couple of times but the second one seems to always drop in the middle .. maybe they decreased its proration in CS2? but it's a nice troll tool :P

Tempest: combo-wise, I think he's the same .. but a bit easier in my opinion

gameplay-wise, same but of course you'll have to work harder for the win.

I'm just happy they didn't remove wolf cancel off of 6C (feint) :)

Combowise, Valk is actually a little easier in terms of getting full combos. 6C Cornerbound is amazing as now we can increase our combo filler getting to the corner. A few other tweaks to his moves will help him with various pickups too. Other than that, hes fine. Damage reduction is key spots was necessary. His combos are pretty much the same in terms of needed execution. Spacing and height is still vital to doing everything right with him. Other than that I see no differences :P I've been suing JP CS2 videos to give me ideas for CS1 and they've all worked so far.

lol Tempest Dahlia. You hate on JP or something? I played you last night on CS on my alt account and you raged when I sent you a message xD

Valk just seems to have harder timing with his Bnb's, nothing else afaict.

l didnt rage o.o in fact l was interested in what it is exactly you were saying. l mean, l dont speak jp so why send me a jp message lol.

anyway, so it's safe to say l should just learn him now, cause he's the same. huh...

l didnt rage o.o in fact l was interested in what it is exactly you were saying. l mean, l dont speak jp so why send me a jp message lol.

anyway, so it's safe to say l should just learn him now, cause he's the same. huh...

Yeah if you plan to use him in CS2, no reason not to start now. The changes to his combos are slight at best so it'll just involve doing various things in a different order. At least thats what I've noticed about it.