Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Urichinan

[CS1] Valkenhayn vs Arakune

what do you do against ara as valk? I hate this matchup so much that I counterpick ara with litchi.

any solution to his j.B? 2C is slow and I always get CH'ed

good approaches that won't get me bird'ed or 5C'ed?

any tips? :kitty:

6A should work better against j.B, since it has a guardpoint. Sad thing is this isn't CS2 and doing a CH combo with 6A is really hard

I morph to WORUFU, and if they do 6D I rush in :e. I bet it can be beat with 5A mash but it hasn't happened to me yet. If he has a cloud out? Fuck that shit and rush in anyways. You only need 2 combos to kill him.

But then again, I don't really fight good arakunes

Keep really really brutal pressure on him at the start. Get in his face and be absolutely ruthless. Ara has some answers but they're quite risky sometimes so you can afford to let loose a bit. I always play with one particular mindset against Ara. "Get cursed before Valk has 50 Heat and its over" It is an absolute must to save your Heat for Counter Assault as thats the only thing that will save you in curse. Make sure its CH too so you can get a little damage and heat back while draining a bit of his curse.

Spent a good hour playing against CopperDabbit tonight and Valk/Arakune is REALLY good for Valk. Its like I said in the previous post, get in his face, do whatever the fuck you want before he gets curse. He can't do ANYTHING against solid pressure from Valk. I was just throwing out 5C>6C on black and his ONLY option was to IB>Backdash and because he backdash takes so long to recover, he gets stuck in the same bullshit again! Before curse, this is seriously a 7-3 Valk's favor. Its fucking brutal for Arakune to do anything safely. Also if you think he'll bait the 2C with a high j.D, just super j.B>j.214B and get him.

EDIT: Valk's 2C trades very well against Ara's j.B so if he goes something like 5D>IAD>j.4B for extra pressure, kill him for it. You'll either beat it clean or trade heavily in your favor.

Orion summed it up perfectly. Arakune does have a few tools. However, J.B never wins against a timed 2C. 5C loses badly to Valk's j.C. His pressure, while simple for most characters who can IB, is hard for Arakune and his lack of a DP, or even a quick guard point like Bang or Rachel. And it has been said, Arakune dies quickly. If he summons a cloud, remember he's vunerable when he touches the ground, so time a wolf dash for when he hits the ground.

Wolf Mode breaks Arakune. Not to mention you can use wolf and your great pokes to stop Arakune from getting you into a loop as late as possible.