Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Urichinan

[CS1] Valkenhayn vs Λ -11

Anyone else having trouble with this matchup? seems like I am just getting guard crushed all over the place. Either that or I run out of barrier and go into danger status which is even worse.

I have trouble with this match as well, but I'll tell you some of the things Ive gone into training mode and tried to work out.

Random D string to ground spikes - Ground spikes are annoying, if you are a full screen away and have just blocked a D move there isn't much to do but jump, double jump, and then block swords, if you IB the dagger you can try to jump d, c, d block to get closer but if you don't get the height perfect you'll hit the spikes or you'll be to high and lambda can run away more.

If you area little further than standing C away and they ground spike you can almost always punish with 236+a, if you do it fast enough you get a counter hit, which is not enough to combo off of, but its alot of frame advatange so you can try and mixup. Its especially easy if you ib the first sword. If you are slightly closer than this range, ground super always punishes spikes.

Ground axe - learn to recognize the pose and and iad in, its free.

5d - if they are zoning with 5d into string alot, you can often anticipate a 5d by jumping up, then when you see them start the move do a really low airdash in over it. Not consistent but its useful to know.

Strings into overhead dagger can often be free to get in. You need to ib the move before the overhead drive attack, then jump back D, C, D. So you get a really quick wolf transform airdash which should bring you into really good fighting range.

The slides are really the most annoying part, but usually you can try and block and be happy because they brought themselves to you. If you can IB a slide I am pretty sure that they cannot backdash away afterwards if you do immediate 5b. Thats good because you can start whatever off that. If you aren't IB'ing and you think they will dash back just go for reversal shoulder charge to catch the back dash and bring you back into range.

Thats about all I have, this is a tough match, but once your in its very winnable. Try not to let them out of the corner, try to guess their bursts. I hope this was somewhat helpful as most of the situations I tested where just stuff I run into online alot, so not the most top tier of lambdas.

Superjump is your best friend for getting in in this match. Also let's you dodge spikes and keep air dash/double jump open.

If you superjump spikes, all lambda has to do is judge your arc, and either jump sword you or wait and anti-air sword. It does help to get in to a certain range, but you probably won't be able to hit her doing that, unless she is asleep at the wheel.

Doesn't really matter what you do if the spikes come out, you aren't going to get damage in. 2d covers any entry you try from the air so superjump at least lets you air dash or double jump after the block to gain ground. It's your best option to dodge spikes when you can't (or don't react fast enough to) hit her before they come out is mainly what I was saying.

I have great success on punishing the ground spikes summon with jD IAD ~D movement

it air dashes above the spikes and if u time it right u can punish lambda or by the very least dodge it without blocking (and keeping that primer)

Super Jump definitely helps in this match up. Also starting with 5C helps. No matter what Lambchops does outside of 44 Dash you can beat her out of it with it.

Once you catch her with 6C Follow up with 236A or 236 B Best thing is if they catch onto that you can switch it up with 236C.

a J.6D~C over those swords from the ground and Cancel with D and throwing jB helps too, you can toss her all over the place.

Just keep pressure, dont let her get an opening. We have the mix ups to keep her on her toes.

Iv found its easyer ( during your pressure ) if it looks like she is about to make a run for it just fake a special move into a D dash & if ur feeling extra confident do the special grab

Faking D Move takes too many frames and they can easily get back on their Zoning game if they need to.

Super Jumping and Wolf dashing is the best way to escape swords, its much easier to achieve compared to Mu's Lasers which she can constantly resupply while were in the air. Lambda has to wait and see where were going which we can easily change with a full Wolf Gauge. As for actual close game? Command grab in Wolf form makes it ideal to set her up for Oki. Damage is beautiful too.