Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Urichinan

[CS2] Valkenhayn Vs. Tsubaki

Does anyone else have problems with Tsubaki's 326(ABCD), I use 236A to approach quite a bit b/c I can combo from it, any one have a good approach that can open some combo pathways on her? I've been using J.C to get in close but that's the best thing I got, anything to slow and she's got me.

Respect her Anti Airs. And Really abuse the Wolf Forms speed here and this match is almost free.

Seriously.

I can help with this matchup.

And Really abuse the Wolf Forms speed here and this match is almost free.

Seriously.

There's a risk in moving around in wolf form alot in this matchup.

She has a very AA which beats any wolf form approach you try from far, and she can get in easily with 236C/D, so be careful moving on the ground in wolf form. However because of this, since Tsubaki can get charge easier, and get in very easily, I would advise to move around alot and keep an eye on your wolf gauge. Make sure you're out of her 236C/D range and definately not in her AA or 214D range either, since both options will most likely take you to the corner.

If Tsubaki goes for an unblockable attempt (assuming she's at max range) she will still be in your 5C range (I think). Since it'll be a CH you can do 5C - Rozen - etc

Yea, I agree with the above: she controls a lot of space with her specials, and it makes it so that her neutral game isn't that bad against the wolf form.

Best thing to do in this match-up IMO is to lock her down from the beginning of the match to prevent her from getting her getting any charges.

Once you get corner knockdown, you just need to be on point and make sure your attacks are meaty. For oki, do an instant j.C if you think she's going to uppercut (will make it whiff and stuff it completely if you do it correctly, sometimes it'll trade). You can also do a wolf 4C to bait the uppercut, but sometimes they'll wake-up 236/214 in an attempt to stuff the wolf 4C. If you think the Tsubaki is going to go for these options on wake-up in reaction to your wolf form, go for a wolf A or command grab to stuff either option.

Best thing to do in this match-up IMO is to lock her down from the beginning of the match to prevent her from getting her getting any charges.

How do you intend to lock her down from the beginning?

Because of the wolf movement Tsubaki is always going to be moving around and will only be charging when she scores a knockdown or when she's full screen away from you.

You need to be careful onthe way you approach her. If she counters your movement, that's a knockdown plus stock for her.

I wouldn't advise using wolf form at the beginning of the match because I'm sure Tsubaki can catch you with 22A, and again, that'll lead to her getting stock.

Yea, 22A can catch wolf form at the beginning of the match.

22A by Tsubaki also beats most of Valk's 5C/3C at the beginning of the match.

But yea, as you mentioned, Tsubaki's will generally only charge after knockdown or when they're a full screen away, and I'm just saying the most ideal scenario is that Valk should stay within ranges where Tsubaki is discouraged from charging. This is easier said than done, and I'm not providing any fool proof way of locking the opponent down immediately, it's up to the player to make a good read and get in (while being careful of Tsubaki's various specials and pokes).

The main point I wanted to make was the moment she gets room to breathe and charge, the neutral game becomes harder for Valk, and the Valk player shouldn't be playing passively in this match-up (though there aren't many passive valks lol).

22A at the beginning of the match seems to get beaten by jump backwards > airdash forward > j.C. You can't follow up after the j.C, but you'll at least get to apply pressure and get momentum from the start of the match.

you can beat 22a at the beginning of the round with a jump forward j.C as far as I know (And combo from it).

If you want to be even faster, do j.D > 3c > j.A to punish it.