Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Urichinan

[CS1] Valkenhayn vs Makoto

During pressure from Valk, if Makoto IB's and supers, Valk can kara cancel his normal( that otherwise would have been CH w/ the super) to Fury and use the invincibility to beat out her super entierely.

Same goes for any normal that wolf kara cancels, You can 4C into itself to overlapo the invincibility and whiff the super entirely.

Use that super freeze to your advantage peoples :D

I knew this day would come, the day where I learn the makoto matchup .. ohh god I hate learning new matchups, stop adding new chars ASW!!

Alright, here we go (I'll be stealing LK's matchup writeup style; hope he doesn't mind).

To start, the corner is the last place you'll wanna be in for this matchup; to escape:

1-[h]9D > 6j.D

2-Nacht Jager (236A) this is your ground escape option if they expect an aerial escape.

3-[w] 5C or j.5C

vary your options, don't be predictable.

Midscreen:

- poke with 5B and 5C

- use 2B, 2C, 3C against her 3C

- AA her jumpins (j.2C) with 2C

- avoid air to air situations; if you must, use j.B

- be wary of her super when she has 50 meter

- 6B against dash 2A

Makoto's pressure:

- against 2C: backdash and punish with 5C > rozen > death

- against 2A pressure: IB > super

- against B astroid > j.2C: punish with 2C

- against A astroid > B cross under : punish with 2C CH > rozen

- against astroid shot oki: you can't roll out, delay wakeup > IB > backdash or block or wakeup block and CA if you have meter

Valk pressure:

- 2B oki is dp safe

- wolf cancel 4D to bait dp off of wolf cancellable moves

Here's a video I made that contains SOME matchup info,

One extra note to your writeup ATG, a good way to deal with less of the Ball oki pressure/mixup, tech late if you can. Late Neutral Tech will only have you block one inescapable mixup instead of 2. Also if they don't time they're attack right, you should only have to block one hit of the ball and then its active frames are up. IB if you can and backdash, she'll whiff her attack and you can punish her.