Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nehle

Switching from pad to stick - advice needed.

Thanks GB - I already knew about the whole stick/game pad brand confusion thing, but at least I know what to buy.

Pelican is an OK base to start with, but you really have to swap out the stick/buttons with real Happ stuff for it to be good. I've also heard the universal has a lot of lag issues with converters and stuff.

The problem is I can't even 'shoryuken' (623) effectively, because if I put pressure on the stick it reads it as a different direction. So, yeah, ordering a new stick soon.

EDIT: I've heard this was a good stick. Confirm?

You need to replace both buttons and stick in it I heard:P So the only thing about it that isn't crap are the pcb and the box:S Since we're talking in perspective of GGXX/ anyways, get a japanese stick.

Holy crap. Using a arcade stick does give you an advanage. I was playing VF4 (dont have GG on PS2) and I noticed I was able to input a lot of commands in faster than usual. Normally I'm only able to do 1 or 2 evading throw escapes, but with the arcade controller I was able to do three without even trying.

This is probably normal but, when I switched from a pad to a stick I noticed that I couldn't really do anyone's srk at all. It really messes me up, especially when i depend on it (wake up, combo finisher, etc..). I also noticed that it's kinda hard for me to dash back and forward and I sometimes jump twice when I press it up once. Oh, just to let you know my pad is a Pelican 950. Some advice anyone?

This is probably normal but, when I switched from a pad to a stick I noticed that I couldn't really do anyone's srk at all. It really messes me up, especially when i depend on it (wake up, combo finisher, etc..). I also noticed that it's kinda hard for me to dash back and forward and I sometimes jump twice when I press it up once. Oh, just to let you know my pad is a Pelican 950. Some advice anyone?

omg, that stick is hella not cool. It's time to buy a new one. :o

Well, if you can do everything else with no real problem, I guess just practice is fine if you don't want to buy another stick.

I really want a custom art stick (that's good) but I don't know where to get it. Er...where's a good site to buy a stick/parts for $30 or less?

How do you FRC on a pad?

:O

I use a SEGA pad.

S - P

X - K

T - S

C - HS

L1 - DUST

R1 - RC & FRC

Well it's possible and I can even pull off Order-Sol's DI~Tyrant Rave~Napalm Death move too!

How do you FRC on a pad?

:O

believe it or not i use an xbox pad.

normal config except the black button will be taunt.

sticks just arent for me =\

I'm guessing not, but does VGONetwork ship to Europe? Because if so, then that is by far the best price I have seen on the HRAP2 yet

Lol Rinsuku. I'm having the same problem regarding DPMs as you too, having just bought a stick. Btw, can i have some opinions on the durability of a stick (specifically, mine is a HRAP1), as compared to those used in commercial arcades? I'm really afraid of being too rough with my stick and damaging it. Is it ok to be as rough with a/my stick as compared to using a commercial one?

I think its ok to be a little rough, sometimes you gotta smack those buttons to ensure that some stuff comes out.

Just got back to stick, and I am having trouble IAD foward from the 1p side, I can easily IAD to the left, but when going to the right I am having a bit of problem, why is that? D: am I scrub? ;_; EDIT: Could it be cuz I play it with the thing on my lap? Maybe I need a table?

I had the same problem when I first started using stick. Had trouble IAD from 1p side and the stick would move around a lot in my lap. Just keep practicing. Eventually you'll find a position for your hand, your wrist and arm muscles will get faster, and you won't be pushing the stick all around your lap.

I've been playing with pad for a while on ggxxs and decided one day i'd go back to stick. I've had alot of prior stick experiance with sf and the transition wasn't bad at all. Problem is, the only stick I have at home is the Tekken 5 one lol. Not sure if all of you know what the tekken stick is like, but the rotations on them is like square. It's been a while and I can't remember if the ggxx machine is square like that, but I can imagine its not (more of a circle). I was wonder if theres anyway I can mod my joystick so it fits the ggxx style (I have no knowledge whatsoever with modding my joystick) for my Tekken 5 joystick. Thanks