Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tianyuan2k4

Nihon Auction's NYAF/Comicon BlazBlue x Guilty Gear Tournament, NYC Oct.9~10

Nihon Auction's NYAF BlazBlue x Guilty Gear Tournament

BBposterver2.jpg

Schedule

Oct. 9 - 12:00PM: Guilty Gear Accent Core

Oct. 10 - 12:00PM: BlazBlue Continuum Shift

Place

New York Anime Fest / Comicon 2010 @ Javits Convention Center

Direction: http://www.javitscenter.com/Default.aspx?cmsid=40

General Rules

1 vs 1, Double Elimination

2/3 Rounds

2/3 Matches

3/5 Matches for Winners/Losers/Grand Finals.

Winner must keep character, loser is allowed to change

Pausing during game will be counted as a loss for the round

Random stage / Theme selection

BlazBlue Continuum Shift

Console exclusive characters are allowed (YES!)

Unlimited characters & Nu (v-13) are Banned

Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus

Justice & Cliff are banned

Black, Gold & EX characters are banned.

Fees

Entry Fees:

1 Tournament $10

2 Tournaments $20

Special NYAF Combo!

Now that we are only 1 week away from the event. Combo deal can save you $5 now, its good up until Oct. 8th. Regular tourney entry amount remains unaffected.

Entry + 1 Tournament entry $55 ($5 over NYAF normal rate! Save $5 on tourney entry!)

Entry + 2 Tournament entry $65 ($15 over NYAF normal rate! Save $5 on tourney entry!)

You can either try to get a hold of Karl Kablisk, or pay using paypal for the Special NYAF Combo.

Karl Kablisk Email: karlkablisk@gmail.com, Cell: 718-666-5096

Paypal Page: http://nihonauctions.com/nyafevent.html

Prize

For each tournament:

1st: a custom airbrushed street-graffiti style and anime T-shirt done by street artist FUTURE

2nd: $20

3rd: $15

Words from KKL

About Nihon Auctions:

Nihon Auctions is a new web service that will allow people OUTSIDE of Japan to buy things at the SAME PRICE that people IN Japan pay for them. NA will take care of translation and shipping logistics to help people get virtually ANY type of item. Video Games, Anime, Japanese Music and Japanese Fashion related items will be highlighted especially. These items can be new or used, bought directly or obtained through auctions. NA will have a presence both in New York and Japan to meet this end.

This is not about getting a big title that you see in every store. Its about getting that big title AS SOON AS its released in Japan and not waiting a year for the english version/translation Its about keeping on top of your hobby as you get information about it on the internet. About getting your most favorite obscure and unpopular character's toy figure which is found commonplace in Japan, but not in your state. We want to create a more effective connection between Japan and the rest of the world. We don't limit our selves to hobbiest either, those wanting to stay on any Japanese fashion or Japanese products hard to find in the US all in one place. A virtual window to Japan.

NA is founded by Karl Kablisk a native New Yorker and an active member of the Video Game, Anime and Japanese communities of NYC. He believes in spreading Japanese culture and that Video Games and Anime are wonderful hobbies that should be made more available to the mass public. Hopefully by making these goods available at very low rates, "Japan Only" items will be accessible to people all over the world. Our idea is to not make a lot of money on one person but to profit a little bit from each assisted transaction as to facilitate the spread and maximize how accessible Japanese products can become.

We plan to have some exciting features. Contributing to the community (for example, posting on forums about topics that you like or spreading the word about things you like to or did buy) will grant points that can reduce the cost products!

We hope to give people an idea of our upcoming service at NYAF / Comic Con this year and do signups for our beta testing. Beta testers will receive some discounts and deals that will differ from those who begin at launch. Other planned activities at the booth may include:

1. Pictures with our Japanese Cosplay model

2. Some random Japanese goods for sale

3. Early signup to our Beta (comes with bonuses)

...and possibly some other surprises!

About the BlazBlue x Guilty Gear Tournament. We would also like to hold a video game tournament as one example of how involved we plan to be in the various Japanese related communities. Yes, Street Fighter 4 would be easier to do, but we can see an unmet demand for more support in this game's community for all the BlazBlue & Guilty Gear fans out there. Don't think of us as a web store, we are more of a service and active member of all Japanese related communities.

Thank you and hope to see you at the convention!

- Karl Kablisk

I've essentially cancelled my tournament for this, so ya'll niggas better show.

I can't because money and shit. :vbang:

Cool! yeah I tried to think of the best way to promote it and make it affordable so we came up with that NYAF ticket + entry for the same price thing :)

Hopefully NYAF will mean people will come from father away and we'll spread out a lil bit.

We'll have it so people can still go around and enjoy the festivities. You'll get queued to appear giving people notice to get from wherever they are, back to the event.

Glad to hear you guys are liking the idea! I didn't wanna get in the way of the regular bi-weeklys though :( lets just keep the BB and GG events rollin!

I have a series of questions:

1. Is it free play for both games (BB and GG) on Saturday and Sunday?

2. Are GG setups going to be on a CRT?

3. Can we use our own controllers (or at least be provided decent arcade sticks)?

Entry into the tourney is $10 for ranking and be eligible to WIN. But its free to PLAY. If you wanna do GG on a CRT thats fine, I'll have 1 CRT and 1 LCD tv at least.

I'll have casual play for some time of the day we are not busy with the tournament and gameplay will also be free during this time. I think it would be nice to just to have it around during the con. Additionally, Since theres no tourney on Friday, all of Friday's play will be free casuals.

GG and BB will be on Playstation. You can use your own controllers, brining your own is encouraged. I'll have one stick there and I can bring a pad or 2 if people need. Among those helping out, we'll see if we can get some more Sticks. If you guys aren't particular and don't want to carry your own sticks around during the con, I can try to make sure we have 2 sticks and 2 pads at least, I'm not sure about more.

Thanks for the questions!

wait, i have to pay the tournament fee AND 50$ just to play guilty gear?

For $50, you are get a weekend pass (friday, saturday & sunday), going to guilty gear tournament on Sunday.

Damn I turned down a group order with my friends to CC this year. Maybe I shoulda got in on it. Didn't know we were gonna have a tourny. :x

wait, i have to pay the tournament fee AND 50$ just to play guilty gear?

They have Marvel 3....gotta be worth something?

I'm pretty sure they sell mad discount sticks at the booth too, and I think there's a Marvel 3 tourny where the prizes are sticks.

But screw that shit, hype up GG and BB. :D

lol, I'm coming up with a good prize. I thought a trophy would be better than just cash. (its not gonna be just a poster!).

I'll try to announce the prizes asap-

Yes, to get into the building its normally $50. Tourney is $10 each. So I got a deal where with $50 you can get entry to the building and 1 of the tourneys would then be free, but that only applies when you get the ticket through me. Its a tourney because its in NYAF and I'm doing NYAF so there's a tourney, for my situation can't have one without the other this weekend sry guys. Should be lots of stuff going on all 3 days though, should be fun!

I played MvC3 at Evo so if any of you didn't and they have it there, you're gonna enjoy playing it! But yeah, forget that BB and GG hype! lol!

- KKL

I just don't want to pay $50+ and end up playing for a prize that's only worth $25.

If you are going to NYAF / Comicon just for BlazBlue & Guilty Gear, I appreciate your enthusiasm but don't take this the wrong way. Look, even without KKL running tournaments, just getting into NYAF / Comicon at the door is $50 for the weekend pass. If you are buy it through us plus attending one tournament you still only pay $50. You are just paying for your weekend pass in NYAF / Comicon. Of course if you hate geeks, nerds & dorks, please don't come to NYAF / Comicon because there probably has like a hundred thousands of them all thanks to New York Anime Fest and Comicon working together for the first time. :psyduck:

Another important thing why you should pre-register with KKL. If you pay money (including tournament fee) inside the building, you have to pay tax by law. It's not KKL taking away your money, blame our government for that. However, you can avoid paying that extra money by pre-register.

I think I'll still go, the prize is just to motivate me to practice up. Tian you gonna be there? Are you even in NY now?

Great, thats the spirit of what I'm trying to get at with the tourney, I hope more of you feel the same.

In any case, I can say this much, prize will be valued at over $50 no matter what (well not no matter what if theres only 1 participant I'm just gonna pwn him and take his money, lol. jk). Note that $50 gets you in ALL 3 days not just the day of the tourney.

I wanted to offset the cost of NYAF thus letting more people to attend, allow more people than just NY to participate (good for BB and GG I was thinking), and among those increase awareness for BB (needed) and GG (Even more needed). The reason why I'm not just looking at a cash prize from the pot is more hype, prestige, bragging rights etc. with a trophy prize. A poster is NOT a trophy! lol.

Things are looking up for my original plans for a trophy prize now so I'm less likely going to need to cop out and just do a cash prize. Everything will at least be announced by oct. 8th FRIDAY a day before the tourney on the thread and at the event.

If you want to put a suggestion for a trophy you guys can I already have something in mind though. But this is all about you guys. I love what Team st1ckbug is doing and think we need more people putting in their time to help out just like they are. And this event is what I came up with.