Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tianyuan2k4

Nihon Auction's NYAF/Comicon BlazBlue x Guilty Gear Tournament, NYC Oct.9~10

I can't stress enough for you to bring your own pad or stick to the tourney! We only have ONE stick and ONE pad Most tourneys don't provide you with anything--

I can't stress enough for you to bring your own pad or stick to the tourney! We only have ONE stick and ONE pad Most tourneys don't provide you with anything--

Hope that's not a knock on me who most certainly does and lends out his own on top of it ;)

GL to you guys.

OMG I won two tournaments today! :psyduck:

HPIM1918a.jpg

HPIM1916a.jpg

Ragna & Jin came to our booth yesterday:

HPIM1901a.jpg

HPIM1904a.jpg

HPIM1905a.jpg

Anyway, today's Guilty Gear tournament is probably still going on. Lots of people showed up from nowhere just right before I left. The crowd is quite huge for a small booth. And we actually received complaints from neighbors for that. Good games! :yaaay:

Guilty Gear 1v1

1: Mahou Kou

2: MGV

3: H.A. Pokey

4: Formerly

5: Solid Shake

5: Apollo

7: Kythel

7: KillerWatt

9: Solem-X

9: Corey

9: Anna

13: Bob

Bracket Image

ggbracket.th.png

GAIZ IF POSSIBLE PLEASE BRING AN EXTRA BB GAME + COMPONENT CABLES FOR THE PS3!!! WE NEED IT ASAP

Hey I think I saw the Ragna and Jin at NYCC. Didn't get to play them but I did get a picture. I'll come as Hazama next time lol, I'm only a waistcoat, a can of hairspray, and a few random belts and zippers away.

GGs to everyone yesterday despite the fact that I had to DQ myself.

I'll do my best to come through to the next tournament and get my :RO: up to par.

MGV? Good shit. Damn man, turnout sucked. Hope ya'll got some new players.

Now never do THAT again :D.

MGV? Good shit. Damn man, turnout sucked. Hope ya'll got some new players.

Now never do THAT again :D.

Whats wrong with the turnout. I thought it was good considering the Con was expensive as hell. Plus people actually enjoyed the event.

That in mind I will enjoy being back in the fighting game community and I will do some events little by little to work my way up there again :)

thanks karl for having a boxed copy of wonder project j2 in the bin.

LOL. What a highlight I remember really wanting to try the game out when it first came out. :p

Everyone, it was a great 3 days. We had GG and BB represented at NYAF/NYCC when no one else would. (With BB being a possibility but GG being utterly unlikely). We had it running ALL day the 3 days and it CONSTANTLY had people playing. The booth wasn't about turning NYAF into EVO, it was about spreading and exposing the games that we like. And for that I cut out 1/3rd of my booth and argued with my neighbors to keep everyone there who wanted to watch/play.

The Tournament was intense and most likely the highlight of the entire ROW we were in. The GG tourney got especially Hype.

I found it real funny MGV got to take a pic with Litchi and the prize, it was like he pulled her out the game to take a win pose for the day lol.

Hope you guys like how the custom prize came out. Looked like MGV liked it, its not cash but hey if we did it just for the money we'd be better off doing investment banking or something lol.

Special thanks to LightxDream for holding everything down at the booth and Tian for all the help!

The one off events like this are good but I can't wait to get back to the st1ckbug bi-weeklys. Regular gatherings is one thing NY really needs to grow GG and BB steadily.

Hey I think I saw the Ragna and Jin at NYCC. Didn't get to play them but I did get a picture. I'll come as Hazama next time lol, I'm only a waistcoat, a can of hairspray, and a few random belts and zippers away.

I was the Ragna! XD I played on Friday, but not on Saturday due to a Lambda and a Bang hogging the freeplay... :<. Sunday was obviously the tourney, thought about competing but I'm not too comfy using a stick yet and I HATE the PS3 controller... :P

I've been playing the game since CT but I'm a Gamefaq'er, so I haven't posted here before.

Huge thanks Karl; every little exposure goes a long way towards helping the scene. Thoroughly enjoyed myself and I'm sure my crew did as well. Keep up the great work on your company and GG/BB!

1.Good Shit to everyone that came to support gg/bb, it was really fun you guys.

2. Big thanks to karl and Lightxdream for making this whole thing happen.

3. H.A pokey you are hilarious lol , guilty was so hype and so fun.

4. Karl i love the shirt and i also LOVE the litchi mmmmmmhmmm.

5. Mahouko good shit on winning guilty, the matches was really good and i love the buri.

6. Killer your johnny is good bro, had my may shivering when i seen the coins lol.

7. Good shit to Bangismyhomeboy,you did great bro.

8. good games to anyone i missed, it was a very fun time.