Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlueBleep

New Guilty Gear?

That's not the whole post. God some of you are so unobservant

oh and stay gdlk blade

Well, I don't see anything about "lol 3D" in that wall-o-text.

All of that was removed, for reasons that would probably be obvious if you'd read the whole thing.

Relevant: new Guilty Gear (maybe)

:v: The details... fuck, they can change with the passing of time. Now they could go "lol it'd be 3D", but who knows about tomorrow. That's why I take them as irrelevant. When they finally confirm this shitz for real, that time I'll cry / yay / :vbang:

3D graphics, not a 3D game. The likelihood that it'll be a "2.5D" game is really high considering Patchi will likely be in charge of it, and he wants the game to be more appealing to general public.

I never said "3D game". Thought my "lol 3D" statement was obvious :v:

But in any case, I'd rather wait to see how shit develops. Being a fucking SEGA fan taught me that *still has horrible memories of enraged fanbase that was already bashing Valkyria Chronicles 2*

Not gonna happen. They'll either simplify it some (and if the biggest plan is to remove FRCs and Slashbacks that's not even that bad), or they won't bother making a new one. Keep reppin' that AC, you may just be stuck with it.

*Sigh* I know. It makes you wish fighting games didn't go mainstream... If they do "simplify it" some, then it better be almost not noticeable. Maybe make combos a little easier

(If they weren't easy already, what do people want? A button that does them for you?)

@sG

That's sad to hear. Why don't people realize that 2D graphics are just as good as 3D graphics, if not better sometimes? I don't get it. Sometimes something can be so detailed and then it gets assraped by 3D, no matter how shitty they may look. It's sad in my opinion.

Hell, I've heard people speak highly of the undetailed 3D backgrounds of Blazblue compared to the actual hand drawn sprites. If they have so much confidence in Guilty Gear, why don't they keep the battle system the same and give it hand drawn sprites?

3D graphics are easier from a development perspective, especially since for the high-res sprites they're doing in BlazBlue they actually make 3D models first and then rotoscope them, so the models are already there and animated. Why bother with all that extra time and energy?

You're also assuming that the system is going to undergo major changes. Nothing like that is confirmed, or even mentioned. Maybe losing FRCs and Slashback, maybe, but that's all we have so far.

Furthermore, the reason this information was pulled was because of bullshit like this. You guys are flying off the handle based on, what, second-hand information from two sources that were drinking at the time. Sit down, play Accent Core, and just fucking wait.

The issue is that Pachi realizes that 2D fighters are becoming an art of the past. Everyone wants 3D everything now. What most of the fans of GG fear is that with 3D fighters, they usually end up becoming less technical and lack in variety/freedom in regards to play styles and combos. I wouldn't blame them, up until now it has been true for the most part. But this is Guilty Gear, not exactly mainstream so our fanboy opinions are heard loud and clear by the guys up top. There is seriously too much whining and complaining about some guys saying, "Hey, we're busy making some games for our new series 'cause that is the smart thing to do. Here are some things that I would like to see in GG but haven't even hit the drawing bored back at the office."

Ffffffffffffffffffffffff. Chill out people.

GG AC had taken so much of creative energy of Arcsys. Chill out, let them re-fill their "CP" (creative point, lol).

If they take out FRCs, it will change the game significantly. So many combos and tricks will be lost... I'm ok with bigger frame window. How hard that can be to learn... It would be stupid to take out SBs to. AC is the perfect fighting game in every possible way, I don't want it dumbed down.

First of all, the game is still very popular in Japan. Second, AC was made in 2006, it's relatively old.And third, the most important, the game actyally requires effort to learn it and people nowdays don't tend to put enough effort. Games tend to be dumbed down. Look at Devil May Cry. DMC 3 was a great old school game and DMC 4, while being a good game, isn't as half as good and challenging as DMC 3. And I don't want to think about new ''we want it to apeal to western public'' one.

I don't really think we will ever get a new Guilty Gear game of AC caliber. And it's not ASW's fault, it's new ''dumbed down'' generation's (I don't mean to be rude here or to call someone dumb, I couldn't put it better...).

I'll still play AC, even if I don't have to play it with anyone. In my country scene never really existed and I know only one (1!) person who plays it actively (what I mean is playing on a higher level) and he lives in the other part of the country. I have met him only once IRL. Yeah, there's a few casual lower level players, but that's it...

I don't think anyone will realize how pissed I'll be if Arc Systems simplified Guilty Gear. Not only would I want Guilty Gear to be complex as it usually it is, I want it to be MORE complex. Probably make things a little less strict, but to actually SIMPLIFY the GAME? In my opinion, doing that would not make it Guilty Gear. I want Guilty Gear to be what it is and has been. Guilty Gear.

Same here. That's why I love Guilty Gear. To simplify it,...would be impossible without taking away the spirit of GG. But, all we can do is trust Arc System Works and wait for any future announcements on this.

First of all, the game is still very popular in Japan. Second, AC was made in 2006, it's relatively old.And third, the most important, the game actyally requires effort to learn it and people nowdays don't tend to put enough effort. Games tend to be dumbed down. Look at Devil May Cry. DMC 3 was a great old school game and DMC 4, while being a good game, isn't as half as good and challenging as DMC 3. And I don't want to think about new ''we want it to apeal to western public'' one.

I don't really think we will ever get a new Guilty Gear game of AC caliber. And it's not ASW's fault, it's new ''dumbed down'' generation's (I don't mean to be rude here or to call someone dumb, I couldn't put it better...).

I'll still play AC, even if I don't have to play it with anyone. In my country scene never really existed and I know only one (1!) person who plays it actively (what I mean is playing on a higher level) and he lives in the other part of the country. I have met him only once IRL. Yeah, there's a few casual lower level players, but that's it...

I get what you're saying, but I'm trying to argue the business perspective now. The game sitll isn't popular, that is why BB is being made. You're getting mixed up between quality/technicality for hardcore players, and mass appeal. By dumbing the game down it will make it more accessible. A business can only run if it is successful, it has to appeal to enough people to support the company. If it can't do that, then the game isn't perfect.

Now, imo, i fucking loooveeeeeeeeeeee AC and would hate to see noobification hit it hard, but in all honesty, if we want GG to keep updating, we don't have a choice but to let it take its course right? just pray it doesn't get too fucked up, which it probably won't, like i said before asw doesn't have much of a choice but to take our opinions to heart

Creating a hardcore game that can also attract the attention of more casual gamers... that's a tough ordeal, don't y'all think? So, really, just chill out and wait. And pray, maybe. Basically, don't rush and push Arcsys, don't do such things. Don't badmouth them, even if it's just a "IF they bla bla bla and dumb it down bla bla bla THEN I will surely go mad bla bla bla fuck all that shit bla bla bla". Okay?

Removing Slashbacks? Fine, replace with instant FD (could just be a flavor change if the IFD window and effects were comparable to SB).

Removing FRCs, I don't like the idea of at all. A Blazblue-style buffer, or better, a new input which causes a move to FRC as soon as that becomes possible (e.g. if RCs were PKS only, make KSH FRC. Do icespike, immediately hit KSH. FRC happens on the correct frame) would be workable solutions to the issue.

Removing Slashbacks? Fine, replace with instant FD (could just be a flavor change if the IFD window and effects were comparable to SB).

Removing FRCs, I don't like the idea of at all. A Blazblue-style buffer, or better, a new input which causes a move to FRC as soon as that becomes possible (e.g. if RCs were PKS only, make KSH FRC. Do icespike, immediately hit KSH. FRC happens on the correct frame) would be workable solutions to the issue.

yeah but that would only work with projectiles... what if you were to do it in the case of something like dizzy's 2hs

Maybe they should make the new GG into a one button game, whoever hits the button first, wins the round.

That would please everyone I guess...

I think the aim should be to retain the strategic depth while implementing a combination of simpler yet still practical execution and good presentation. removing a unique feature like FRC adds nothing to the game, it just makes it worse; easing the execution of some of the moves by adding frame buffers would make the the tactic more accessible while taking nothing away. you can also rely on the fact that a game doesn't have to be played at its utmost highest level of competition in order to be fun. I'm pretty terrible at GG AC but I enjoy it regardless.

presenting these tools and strategies to players in a format the they can understand and holds their interest is also key. why most 2d fighters don't each players how to properly play them is beyond me.

yeah but that would only work with projectiles... what if you were to do it in the case of something like dizzy's 2hs

Same thing. If you want to RC 2HS, you'd press PKS as it connected. If you wanted to FRC it, you'd press KSH instead.

The first thing that guarantees the commercial success of a FG is a clear and easy-to-understand gameplay. (Easy-to-understand =\= easy-to-play)

Easy-to-understand gameplay means that the gameplay can be understood with as few external helps (going to forum, reading frame data, etc) as possible.

AC is on the right track to that. Some examples:

Every scrub knows that Slayer's BBU (236D) is hugely powerful and dangerous, just look at the move, no need to read the frame data to know that it hits really hard. Every scrub also knows how deadly Slayer's Dead On Time (superman punch that goes through the opponent if blocked) is, no external assistance needed. Every scrub knows what to do with Eddie's Shadow K (the 2-hit one which pulls the opponent in), it's easy to understand. Every scrub knows that Ky's lightning strike (after Vapor Thrust) is the thing to do if awesome combos are desired (it clearly looks like an essential move in combos).

Also, less and less obscure things like Slayer's backdash cancel (it was really powerful and important in #Reload, but not anymore in AC).

I hope ASW think about this ''easy-to-understand =\= easy-to-play''

The tutorial mode (like CS one) would help every newbie a lot...