Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSlyMoogle

Big Changes In The Anji Thread!!! EVERYONE PLEASE READ!!!

lol he did gave us warning to save everything needed but I never knew he was going to delete everything! I'm glad I saved my translations so far...not that anyone cares.

not true chomite, I've been getting very good mileage off the 5K tick grab you posted about from the korean guide

Hmmm...This also happens in Ky's Thread 5-6 months ago. All thread got deleted...it really dissappoint us. Okay. I'll wait until next week for the thread.

Ok guys, real life happened for a minute sorry, and my Anji 101 guide is like 80% complete. I went to post some of it on Friday night but then dustloop was being stupid, so I took it as a sign to finish it before I posted it. Sorry. If you have any questions ask them here, the Anji 101 should be up sometime tonight. Sorry for the delay. As for the video, match-up and other threads etc. I have some ideas on how to re-do them, and so I'm going to do that, but really wanted the 101 guide to go up first. None of the threads are actually gone, they're only soft deleted and I asked the super mods to keep it that way for a while. And yes I did warn everyone to save what they wanted and you had like 4 days to do so. So I don't feel bad right now.

Ok guys, several new threads added tonight, due to the recent influx of losers in the Anji thread. This evening I will be posting the 101 guide for sure. Please stay tuned. -TheSlyMoogle P.S. The Beginner's guide will be rough at first, so be patient.

why does it seem like all these new ppl show up all the sudden? not that there's anything wrong with that, but why the surge of new players last few days?

Oh, Don't worry, i'm not playing Anji ^^ I have a friend who does, his internet doesn't work for some reason, so I check the boards for him.

I'm not either... But I interested to learn about him... Because I got fucked up by Indonesian Anji's Player lately.. Just curious about anji... I'll wait for the 101 thread. And hope find the answer there.... If I can't find my answer...I'll count it on u guys.

well im not new to guilty gear (now anyways) i've been playing for like 3 months now and i main ky, but i do like how anji flows i just want to be decent with him.

Edit: and about AC plus, i heard it was just an extra disk and you had to have accent core inorder to use the plus disk? does anyone know if this info is right? http://ncsx.wordpress.com/2007/12/31/guilty-gear-xx-accent-core-plus-append-edition-preorder/

I doubt they will change anything about game play in AC+. I believe it's just addition of 2 characters(Justice/Kilff), story mode and etc... AC+ comes with two version. One is append version that you need original copy of AC to play and that's why it's much cheaper. Other one is full working version that you don't need original copy.

ok so i can just buy the append version and use the ggac disk i have now. so how would that work? like load the orginal disk then switch it out with the append disk? i would enjoi a story mode and kliff / justice. i was kinda bummed when they werent in it. hopefully there not broke like in X2

I don't know how it will work with US version of AC. Might as well as go for full version to be safe... I doubt AC+ will be released in US...Not too sure though.

ok so i can just buy the append version and use the ggac disk i have now. so how would that work? like load the orginal disk then switch it out with the append disk? i would enjoi a story mode and kliff / justice. i was kinda bummed when they werent in it. hopefully there not broke like in X2

If it works like other Japanese games with Append Discs, you boot the Append Disc and it scans your memory card for its system file (which is Move and Copy Prohibited). If it doesn't find the system file it prompts for the original version game disc. You pop it in, it verifies it, and writes the system file to the memory card. Then it prompts you to switch the Append Disc back in and boots the new version. As long as that memory card is in the system at boot and that file is intact, it will never ask for the original disc again, just the Append Disc is needed to play.

Nobody has announced an NA release of Plus yet, Append or standalone. We didn't get GGX+ either, which came out a month after our GGX.

If you imported Japanese AC and use Swap Magic, you can't use it for the Append Disc, because the disc swap will kill the Swap Magic authorization and leave you unable to renew it. ONly a Japanese system or a system with a modchip can use the Japanese Append Disc.

Accent Core + isn't an official arcade release, it's console only.

In light of that I do believe that Accent Core + will not be played in tournaments. At least not in Japan, and Americans copy everything the Japanese do... SO... No DICE!

Then again we're americans so, we could end up doing AC+ in tourneys.

Either way I doubt they will change any gameplay mechanics and everything will stay the same, only with Kliff and Justice additions and maybe story mode.

I'm not really caring at this point in time, and if something crazy happens, like us being forced to play AC+ then I'll change my guide.

Gameplay-wise, AC+ is the same as American AC. It's got the bugfixes from our version. Everything else is just extra single-player modes, and the usual two non-tourney-legal characters. Besides Kliff and Justice, the normal AC version characters will still be tourney-legal, because it's now the same as the arcade version and NA version. The point of releasing AC+ was that the original Japanese PS2 release had bugs that made it not arcade-perfect like the later Wii and American versions were. The bonuses are apology for the wait for the release of the bugfix, which is almost 10 months after release of the buggy version.

Ok guys, part 1 of the beginner's guide is up. Part 2 should be up tomorrow night with all the strategies and stuff. Then part 3, the combos and advanced part will be coming probably next week. My idea is to create a video for those two parts. It honestly wont take very long as I saw Jais and Kyle making videos in a day or so including recording and everything. I think this will be something that no other character really has going for it, and I hope it's worth the wait guys! -John