Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jais

[CS1] Valkenhayn Movement

I'd like to collaborate a list of Valkenhayn's transform/dash movement options and have it here for new players to learn.

[w]7C>7C x N

[h]sj.D> [w]j.C > j.D (+jump option)

[h]IAD.D > [w]j.C > j.D

[w]j.236A > NC

In air - [w] 66, D. This gives a different dash arc than [w]C, D

[h]9D > 6j.D - revert IAD. you can barrier/block during the time you aren't a wolf - "Awesome transform - revert IAD. Not only does it fling you across the entire screen very quickly, but you can barrier/block during the time you aren't a wolf (most of the move)."

Aerial beast cannon can be canceled to any direction+C 3/4th the way through the animation.

[w] direction C can be canceled to itself and beast cannon and D

Another good one that is a bit different is [w] dash, D. This gives a different dash arc than [w]C, D. I don't think you get all your jump options though, but I haven't tested.

It'd be interesting to check out if Valk can "safely" make use of triangle jump in wolf form, or do a similar diagonal jump/crossup like Tao's 2D~B

Hey guys, I'm a little confused as to how his movement works. It seems during his special moves, like MoonLicht, they can be canceled into wolf dashes. Like j.214B > 9D allows him to chase his target. But if you jump and press D, he just transforms in the air.

Anyone feel like clarifying?

It's because his specials can be "Wolf Canceled" and thus why he will wolf dash. It's different than just simply transforming while he's stationary or jumping. Another example is doing a 5B > 5C > 236A > 4D Feint, he will transform, backdash and redash towards the opponent without having to press C to wolf dash all of this XP.

This thread is pretty useful for me, but how do you all feel about using Valk's cannon options for movement ? I've personally seen valks time out with this before, so it's probably legit to move around with it if you're rehearsed enough, especially since it uses very little wolf meter. Any guides to how to stay high up above the screen for roughly 10 seconds with cannon movement would be much appreciated, since I saw a valk do this against a Tager to take the match convincingly before.

You're probably referring to the yakiniku Valk vids. General idea of cannon movement is to do an air cannon and cancel it with 2C~C and then you can move again. Only use 2C~C since it uses the least amount of wolf gauge, and the purpose of the movement is to conserve wolf gauge. Not a lot of Valks use the cannon movement from what I've seen though, probably because you can get by without it. It's good for when you want to be lame and abuse wolf dives though, since it makes the opponent unsure of when you're going to land and then they'll hopefully whiff an anti-air and get counterhit out of it with a dive.

The general idea of the "timeout" movement would be to abuse the 236B up cannon and then cancel the cannon with 2C~C. As soon as you finish cancelling the cannon, either do another cannon to go higher (and cancel with 2C~C) again or if you want to regain some wolf gauge, you should rehuman and rewolf in midair to gain some wolf gauge back before doing another cannon. You also have the option of using a wolf airdash only once while you're staying in the air, so after one 2C~C cancel you can consider airdashing and rehumaning to regain some wolf gauge back then rewolfing (inputs would be like j.236B 2C~C 66D~D into another j.236B 2C~C) to stay in the air longer with more up cannons.

Only problem is you need to make sure when you cross-up your opponent during your movement, because you don't want to get an unwanted dive cannon (j.214B).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1HxynrNOBk#t=6m40s

This looks stupid as fuck. I want to be stupid as fuck. Anyone know what particular movement was done here?

That is a quick wolf normal air dash canceled into human transformation ( [w]66 > 5D), it's in the first post.

It would be best to find visual ques like that as examples for the OP, I'll work on that.

[w] 66, D. This gives a different dash arc than [w]C, D

Is that movement from the OP still valid? Wolf doesn't have a ground forward dash and that air move is covered.

[w] 66, D. This gives a different dash arc than [w]C, D

Is that movement from the OP still valid? Wolf doesn't have a ground forward dash and that air move is covered.

[w]66 > D is performed in the air.

I'll fix the OP.