Sign in to follow this  
Spirit Juice

Banning Training Mode Stage

Started this discussion in the "Standard Tournament Rules?" thread.

Should the training mode stage be banned (hard or soft, it doesn't matter)? A soft ban means if a player objects to playing on the stage, it is changed. A hard ban would mean the stage is banned right out and is to not ever be selected; if it is selected via random, the players must go back to character select and either choose a stage or reselect a random stage.

Reaons for banning:

- Ugly as sin

- Hard to tell where corners are compared to other stages

- UGLY AS SIN

So yeah, no MAJOR reasons for banning it, but something to consider. IMO a soft ban would just be enough.

Well, given how ugly it is, and that the corners are hard to see, does anybody want to play it? A ban of any kind is only necessary if people want to play on the stage in the first place, and if that provides some kind of advantage in some situation. Otherwise players will just avoid it for all the reasons you listed. Perhaps it's already "soft banned"?

Corners I feel are more important than anything, most of the cast relies on knowing their relative position from the corner to do combos, training stage fucks that up completely

Generally in the tournaments I run, if a random stage is selected and the training stage pops up, anybody can object to it and we'll restart the match on a different stage.

The stage doesn't really have markers that you can use to judge how far you are from the corner, which can kind of hinder gameplay. And besides, it's just boring.

I am for soft banning the stage.

Hard ban, please. Whenever I get this stage playing offline I just immediately pause and go back to character select. I can't tell when the fuck I'm in or approaching a corner, and it's horrible.

Banning stages? what's next, banning alt. colors?

Although I don't care either way, so a soft ban its alright, I guess.

Go back to smash bros SJ.

I personally like the Training/Izayo demension stage, so I think that if anything, it should only be a soft ban. If the people playing don't have a problem with it then let them play on it.

I think we should be allowed to play training mode stage only. No other stages. If we don't get it in random we should be able to reset until we finally get the training mode stage on random.

(I don't even know why we have a training mode stage, we didn't have one before in GG and BBCT(I think?) )

I'm guessing the training stage was added to accompany the challenges. Although I've never had an issue with it, a soft ban is ok. I can't believe people can't notice how far they are from the corner mid match...Its second nature to me by now no matter what stage I'm on.

I guess that's why they have the "auto" option ingame, so only character-based stages and music are available? (I've often wished for the ability to remove certain stages and music tracks from the random list tho)

Lol at this thread.

I think we should ban Arakune's Green Skin in the Area 28 stage. Camo is cheap.

Also, hard ban on items. Tager's Final Smash is totally overpowered.

Edit: I love dustloop. You don't get this kind of thing on GameFaqs. :yaaay:

Spirit, why are you making legit thread topics that make sense?

Practice stage is pretty stupid... atleast in SF4 there's the red line in the middle and you can kind of see when the wall is coming.

Soft-ban would be good as long as you'd explain the rule before you start running brackets.

Started this discussion in the "Standard Tournament Rules?" thread.

Should the training mode stage be banned (hard or soft, it doesn't matter)? A soft ban means if a player objects to playing on the stage, it is changed. A hard ban would mean the stage is banned right out and is to not ever be selected; if it is selected via random, the players must go back to character select and either choose a stage or reselect a random stage.

Reaons for banning:

- Ugly as sin

- Hard to tell where corners are compared to other stages

- UGLY AS SIN

So yeah, no MAJOR reasons for banning it, but something to consider. IMO a soft ban would just be enough.

- Irrelevant

- omfg, when you're moving forward, and the fucking screen stops scrolling, you're near the corner, that is hard bro, I totally agree.

- IRRELEVANT

though, I guess if soft ban would be ok, just to keep pussies from crying.

Lol at this thread.

I think we should ban Arakune's Green Skin in the Area 28 stage. Camo is cheap.

Also, hard ban on items. Tager's Final Smash is totally overpowered.

Edit: I love dustloop. You don't get this kind of thing on GameFaqs. :yaaay:

This is a really fucking stupid post. Be quiet.

Second of all for people being like "OMG BANNING STAGES WHATS NEXT?" I hope you realize that EVO softbans Boss I-No's stage in GG :/

Second of all for people being like "OMG BANNING STAGES WHATS NEXT?" I hope you realize that EVO softbans Boss I-No's stage in GG :/

Now that stage is a fucking disaster,idk wtf they were thinking when they made such a motion sickness background. compared to that, I would welcome the BB Training stage with open arms.

Yeah man, EVO this past year was so hype for GG!

Remember in Grand Finals? It was hype as shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wuku was bodying Hellmonkey, and then Hellmonkey said fuck this shit and starting bodying Wuku making a comeback, get's a fucking PERFECT and then... yeah, wait, what?

Edit: You can see Hellmonkey's salty-ass reflection in the TV after it gets shut off. Stay gdlk EVO.

- Irrelevant

- omfg, when you're moving forward, and the fucking screen stops scrolling, you're near the corner, that is hard bro, I totally agree.

- IRRELEVANT

though, I guess if soft ban would be ok, just to keep pussies from crying.

Except you cannot easily tell how close you are to the corner until the screen stops scrolling. Stay free.

Anyways, GG Boss stage was banned for the same reasons. It's a valid point for a soft ban.

Also, way to link the Evo GG finals vid where Evo staff did nothing wrong.