Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FlyingVe

[CS2] Mu-12 CS2 Changes Discussion

I'm doubtful of a loop looking like that because, unless they changed 3C's hitbox, it has a really hard time hitting airborne opponents.

I'm very interested in the faster cooldown on 214D and D. This could allow for much better oki traps as you would need less time to detonate and place steins, and could threaten OTG with 2B, much like the current corner oki.

For what I understand, stein placement got faster, not 214D. Either way its good news if it stays

-btw- Now that I think about it, we may be able to do:

whatever->3C > 2B > 5C > 6C > 5D > 214D->2C->6C->stuff

It should be possible now that 2C supposedly gatlings into 6C....

More updates from HiagoX:

- 236A: "214D > 6C > 5D > 214D > 6C > 5D..." Loop

- 63214C: More untechable time

- New Combo: 236A > Dash > 2B > 3C > 2B > 5C > 6C

Mu is shaping up quite nicely!, she hasnt lost any of her guard break capabilities, got a new loop and faster stein placement...man I really hope this changes stay, they make losing j2C a non issue at all :3

Doesn't 6c self prorate like ass though? I know throwing out a 2nd 6c currently drops your damage almost to nothing from then on, unless they plan to tweak that bit as well.

Yay, Habaya isn't a totally worthless piece of crap move now! :yaaay:

And that new loop is sexy as hell. Hopefully they'll fix it so 6C won't prorate it's damage too much.

If the loop builds good meter, you can finish it with omohikane for some nice damage. Also keep in mind that combo damage itself is getting scaled back in a general sense. Most characters got a significant damage nerf and got their combos/loops reworked for less damage or removed completely.

Honestly, if these Mu changes stick, I think she'll be left off waay better than most of the cast.

So how did they change habaya to make it useful? Does it arc differently, or has the damage/hitstun (Particularly the latter) been raised?

Not sure about damage/proration, but it does hit 5 times and has a longer untechable time. Since it's been reported that it's now a part of her BnB combo, I bet its proration was changed too.

Not sure about damage/proration, but it does hit 5 times and has a longer untechable time. Since it's been reported that it's now a part of her BnB combo, I bet its proration was changed too.

You know, I'd really love to see a video of this combo in action. It's times like this that I wish Mu had more of a following in Japan, or that AkSys could have just implemented her in Arcades earlier. We hear a lot of talk of new combos/loops, but never any videos. Tad bit frustrating, no?

Well, from my understanding developers do their best to prevent people from filming LokeTests. I've got a CC now, so I will try to help with the video side of things.

Also, the FC loop could be really disgusting if something like FC 6C>5D>214D>6B>5D>214D works. But I doubt they sped stiens up that much. As it stands it looks like our FC combo will do about 1k less damage.

I didn't think it prorated that different from anything else Mu has, and it does ~1.5k. Still the likely hood of doing more than one in a combo seems pretty nill, especially since the repeat proration on 6C is gonna crush damage from that loop to a much less hype level. I was just dreaming...

214D might prorate like ass but it still does a fair bit of decent damage. And who knows, we might be seeing something really fucked up like (236A 5D 214D) x N loops.

Does 214D prorate badly? I figured it was just 6C that was screwed with the proration... That makes me worry about just how low the damage might be in this new loop. Hell, if it's really bad it's main use might just be something ridiculous like "keep them locked down so we can burn down the timer".

Even if proration eats most of the follow through damage, I can imagine the loop would still build heat quickly. Personally I'd sacrifice 1.5k~ for an extra 30 heat. The basically free distortion capping your next combo would more than make up the damage.

214D = P1-100 P2-91

It's what the guide says, but it isn't certain. If it's true, its about the same (slightly better than most) P2 as anything else Mu has. It's not really relevant right now because of how combos with 214D tend to work.

I think it will be all about the heat gain with the 214D loop (provided it stays of course), the minimun damage on omohikane is just too good. If the loop builds good heat and 2k->2.5k dmg I'll be happy.

214D = P1-100 P2-91

It's what the guide says, but it isn't certain. If it's true, its about the same (slightly better than most) P2 as anything else Mu has. It's not really relevant right now because of how combos with 214D tend to work.

I think the problem is that it's prorating at 91% for 3 hits...so while it's damage is a little bit higher, you end up doing less overall damage because everything else in the combo is now prorated more

Steins are also faster + possible heat buffed combos = better oki midscreen.

Mu's oki was severely overhyped prepatch. For possibly less damage she has much better stein control (Maybe 5d 6d ame no totsuka setups will become scarier midscreen?). Besides her damage wasn't all that great without taking extreme risks anyway (raw 3c, 6c), so this loop looks like an all-around improvement, if it stays.

She does need a new corner combo though, hopefully one that ends with a KD move like 3c.

I'm seeing it now.

5B > 3C > 2B > 5C > 6C > 5D > 214D > 3C > 5 or 6D for knowdown and potential stien oki

:v:

fixed. i think. if stiens have less recovery, something like this should be possible. this is sounding really good.