Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FlyingVe

[CS2] Mu-12 CS2 Changes Discussion

I can confirm that 2C->6C links at least on jin on the corner.

On this video:http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm13013798 around 5:20 mu does 2B->5C->2C->6C on the corner. Its a clean, non CH, red beat link. The pushback from 2b->5C->2C seems to generate enough room for 6C to connect.

Man she looks soo good I can wait to play her >__<

5C->6C and 2C->6C works on crouching characters even in CS1, but it won't work if they are standing.

5C->6C and 2C->6C works on crouching characters even in CS1, but it won't work if they are standing.

Oh yeah, forgot about that...*sadness*

Wow that's really weird cuz the sprite is totally over Ragna so it's like Ragna's 6D (?) somehow having upper body invincibility, but that's not very likely...

btw, in the first post, 3C being jump cancelable is listed twice.

I noticed that lasers in general (normals and charged ones, though I noticed it specially on the charged ones) seem to be better at tracking the opponent. Like they almost track at the very last frame before firing. Maybe thats what "guaranteed frames" meant?

Even better corner loop:

~>SoD>6A>Delay6B>5C>2C>jC>2C>3C>Omohikane 4.7k (litchi)

[note: he might have been able to end with 3C>SoD>6A>omohikane for even more damage.]

Other stuff:

CH 3C>2B

Throw>6A>6C>214D(wiff)>6A>6B>5C>2C>jC>j2C (litchi) [note: opponent teched the j2C, this may have been execution or a change in prorations)

if my mediocre experience with CS1 is worth anything, Litchi could probably tech because of the 5C > 2C part. that prorates like ass :v:

has anyone seen any SoD loops? lt just seems so obvious and doable, and im surprised no one has experimented yet.

sonething like 3c sod x 3 or something, unless sod got repeat proration or something, l dunno.

Everything in this game has repeat move proration. I'm surprised Hazama's 6C doesn't have it

So it has been confirmed that SoD loops don't work, I take it? >_>

So it has been confirmed that SoD loops don't work, I take it? >_>

If she cant SoD loop, and they removed her 2B loop..................what exactly can she do? If they enemy can tech out of the SoD loop its worthless.

I believe what you are calling the 2B loop is still in (2B>6A>jC>j2C), however, thanks to the changes in the moves it seems that the new corner combo is more favorable, it just happens to not be a loop.

If anybody still cares to read this, apparently in japanland, here is the tier list for now.

<jiyunaJP> S++ - makoto

<jiyunaJP> S - jin, noel, arakune

<jiyunaJP> A - rachel, hazama, tsubaki, carl, lambda

<jiyunaJP> B - hakumen, platinum, tao, ragna, valk, mu

<jiyunaJP> C - litchi, bang, tager

So pretty much at this stage, it seems mu is mid tier.

EDIT: Listed with tiers.

Mu just cant make A tier can she, it doesn't matter though (SSS tier Mu go!)

since we now have a S plus category, it makes it seem like A tier is Average and we are below that lol

what Bang back to low Tier, bet, the CT fun begins once more

what Noel S tier, no comment,hate the way people play her in general

I think Mu's gonna go up once they start using better oki set-ups, and really, Arakune is only S? I was hoping he would be S+ and then Mu would be able to take advantage of the good matchup against him.

I actually think Mu might be pretty viable because of the matchups. Mu will definitely have a good matchup against kune, and I believe she will also have a slight edge on Noel and Makoto. Jin will be a problem, but having solid matchups against the God tier is nice.

This is all speculation of course, somebody who's played CS2 can feel free to tell me I'm wrong.

Also for what it's worth, Jiyuna also posted this:

I just added the letter grades for sake of USA. Original is..

STRONGEST:

BULLSHIT:

STRONG:

KINDA-STRONG:

NORMAL:

Saw in one video where mu's sod only takes off one primer no matter how long you charge it. I will need confirmation on this but it seems like it doesn't take off the same number of primers as it did in cs1 for the amount of time you charged it.

EDIT: So apparently now the primers sod takes off has changed. Fully charged sod takes off 2 primers and any other amount of charge, it's only 1.

Saw in one video where mu's sod only takes off one primer no matter how long you charge it. I will need confirmation on this but it seems like it doesn't take off the same number of primers as it did in cs1 for the amount of time you charged it.

EDIT: So apparently now the primers sod takes off has changed. Fully charged sod takes off 2 primers and any other amount of charge, it's only 1.

I know it's already done, but;

Isn't that a little counter-intuitive considering AkSys' goals for Mu?

It's probably more for balance. Though I wish they kept it the same in cs1 so mu would be better. As it is right now, she's a little weaker than a few characters but she isn't too far behind.

Guard Break is kinda more dangerous now, they had to nerf some characters potential to break primes. Also SoD taking only 2 primes now is not so bad when your opponent only have 2 primes if they burst once (except if you use Tager)

Interesting, but it's probably fine. Even characters that suck at breaking GP are guard crushing people in the new game. I hope it still gives frame advantage though.

Also, maybe someone can verify (or de-verify) this, but I think that SoD always corner-bounds now, as opposed to having different hit properties at different levels (lvl2 Slide, lvl3 Wallbounce).