Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FlyingVe

[CS2] Mu-12 CS2 Changes Discussion

Also, for completeness sake, in CS1 you could combo off a lvl2 FC mid-screen, and I believe a regular lvl2 in the corner. However, these situations don't really come up in real matches.

Yep, possible but impractical. Could followup lv1 (only?) in the corner if you RC, for completion's sake. I put together a little video a while ago for such situations but honestly only followed up on it once in a match. Difficult/distance dependent on characters with more distant knocked-down hitboxes (ie: Hakumen).

I won't say it might be more common, but SoD being air-unblockable might lend just a bit of viability to lv2. Maybe :v: Depends on how much damage can be milked out of it in CS2

Would you guys say with her changes for CS2 Mu can now rush down a little better? Or is it the same as before/worse than before? I saw a few matches where the Mu players kept the opponents locked in the corner pretty well with steins/blockstrings

From the videos, it looks like her pressure and oki setups are much more legit with the IB nerf, so many air unblockables, imrpoved stagger with 2B, faster steins, and improved 236A. It looks like it's not so easy to disrespect Mu, and there's more room for creativity in blockstrings. But we'll have to see when we finally get the game.

Hmm there's one change I don't get. When people say faster steins, does that mean they come out faster or they recover faster? Or both? Also I heard the actual laser shoots slower after the stein being set, is that true?

the lasers are slower.

however the recovery is better. this change is GDLK to mu: everything that works in cs2 needs to thank this buff.

...because she can zone better, rushdown better, setup faster...

once the laser is shot from a stein it's pretty useless unless you reactivate it with 236/214d, so you shouldnt be wasting time setting these things up. in cs1 it was very possible to get blown up before setting up. but now she is less susceptible. so this is very important overall.

I noticed something in the new corner loop videos.... Is it just me, or does putting a Stein down in the combo sacrifice the ability to do an Omohikane ender?

Probably, it looks like when you set the stein you only barely have enough time to link an 2B. So I guess, you sacrifice the super ender for much better corner pressure. It could be a tactical decision (whether you need damage or to maintain the advantage), or a no brainer if you don't have meter. It still looks like it sets up really solid corner oki/pressure/GP breakage.

Actually, upon further thought, you might be able to do it. Something like ~~>j2C>j5D>(land)2B>6A>j2C>3C>SoD>Omohikane. It all depends on how many hits you can have before things start blue-beating, and that's tough to tell without having the game in your hands. If the above does work, it probably won't be all that practical.

I don't think this has been addressed yet, but I believe the untech time on and air hit j2C is greater. I'm seeing Dash2B pickups that would have been way to late to work in CS1. This also explains how you can link j2C>3C in a longer corner loop. It's a great buff as it will make Mu's abare easier.

It's probably only on counter hit. 236d on regular hit seems pretty much unchanged. I don't think the untech time has changed on CH though but that's imo.

It looked about the same to me too. You're probably just used to seeing people pick up combos after laser hits with jB or jC and not 6A.

Actually, upon further thought, you might be able to do it. Something like ~~>j2C>j5D>(land)2B>6A>j2C>3C>SoD>Omohikane. It all depends on how many hits you can have before things start blue-beating, and that's tough to tell without having the game in your hands. If the above does work, it probably won't be all that practical.

Unless it's a one frame link or something else absurdly tight to time, I'm wondering... If it does indeed work, how will it be (somewhat) impractical, rather than just the new standard corner loop, assuming something superior doesn't show its face before we see CS2 (Presumably this spring)?

It would be impractical because, to keep the number of hits pre-corner-loop low enough for something like that to work, the combo would likely have to start with something bizarre, like a naked SoD or FC. Most times if you hit confirm into the loop you probably give up the super ender. Of course its impossible for me to be certain without the game in my hands, so I could very well be wrong.

it shouldnt be hard at all with better gravity. unless you're stupid and prorate the combo like hell (i.e. 2aaaaaa combo), i'd believe if the proration on her corner loop didnt change it could be her normal bnb.

I'm just saying I think you can prorate yourself out of a super ender really easy given that I don't see people ending the j2C>j5D>2B combo with a super ever.

The hitbox doesn't look as janky as it is now, though it's kinda hard to tell in the corner. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Man, that corner pressure is insane. I'm loving it.