Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaiAndOh

Team St1ckbug (should be) Bi-weeklies Brooklyn, NY 10/30, BBCS, GGAC, and MBAA 2v2s

How should we contribute to streamers?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How should we contribute to streamers?

• Donate 10% of each games pot
    • Extra $2 Venue fee
    • Other (please explain)
    • I'm a cheap ass git who's not going to win and won't donate $2

Game PAD, Inc.

6727 Bay Parkway

Brooklyn, NY 11204

Phone: 718-837-6604

So yeah, sick of being a side event? An afterthought? Subject to dumbass seeding playing the guy who lives 2 blocks away first round? Fuck that shit, me and Biscuits are taking over.

This tournament WILL NOT be run using Tonamento.

Because we are using competent software that doesn’t depend on an internet connection, in the unlikely event a mistake is made, we can fix it.

You will also NOT play your friend in the first round, because if our random seeding does this, we can fix it.

This tournament is NOT a side event to SSFIV. This community is the top priority, and the only community that is attending. Thus, this tournament will be run as efficiently as our resources allow.

Games:

MBAA 2v2 starts at 2:00 ($5 per person, $10 total) (PS2)

BBCS 2v2 starts at 3:00 ($5 per person, $10 total) (PS3)

GGXXAC 2v2 starts at 5:00 ($5 per person, $10 total) (PS2)

The reason for the times:

GG is generally considered the main event. MB is on the same console, thus it gets the early start so it can be done by GG hopefully.

In addition Venue fee $5 – goes to Gamepad to hosting, TO’s are volunteering. Pre-tournament and on TVs that aren't being used for the tournament casuals are cool. Just pay venue fee to do so. Venue opens at 12.

Supplying extra copies of the games is cheap and effortless, and helps these tournaments so much, Game Pad has the consoles and TVs we need, though more are appreciated, especially if you play DLC characters.

On the other hand, we do NEED a modded PS2 for MBAA. Preferably 2 to run tournament faster. This is because I can't carry mine between my laptop that runs the tournament, and my stick that gets more action than your mom.

Gamepad has house sticks, don't worry 360 players.

The planned layout of the tournament

PS2 PS2 TODesk PS3 PS3 PS2

Tourny Me BBCS alt

Before the GG tourny, the Alt PS2 should have GG in order to allow players to warm up. After GG starts, you guys can play whatever.

Rules:

MBAA 2v2

2 out of 3 rounds.

The teams format is the same that SBO is using. “2v2 is done “waseda style”, meaning that each team’s person A plays, then regardless of the winner, each team’s person B plays. After that, both players on the same team won, that team advances, and the other team loses. If one player won on one team, and another won on the other team, then the two players who won fight each other, and the winner of that advances” - Heartnana

Double Elimination.

Characters used must be registered beforehand – no changing characters mid tournament.

The same character cannot be used by both teammates.

For MB, the 2v2 format is a bit more tentative. It has seemed popular, so by default, I'm using it, Should we not get the numbers of the community feels otherwise, I will change it to 1v1.

BBCS 2v2

2 out of 3 rounds.

The teams format is the same that SBO is using. “2v2 is done “waseda style”, meaning that each team’s person A plays, then regardless of the winner, each team’s person B plays. After that, both players on the same team won, that team advances, and the other team loses. If one player won on one team, and another won on the other team, then the two players who won fight each other, and the winner of that advances” - Heartnana

Double Elimination.

Characters used must be registered beforehand – no changing characters mid tournament.

GGXXAC 2v2

2 out of 3 rounds.

Double elimination.

2 out of 3 rounds.

Double Elimination.

$1 Blade side tournys, EX Slayer? EX? Unlimited?

Has it been damn long? Blame 9 person comic con tournies that take priority for some reason, Season's Beatings, and Madden tournies. I didn't know people could play Madden for more than 10 minutes let alone have a tournament :vbang:

As of now, streaming will be handled by this tournament by none other than Sp00ky! And willing to do it for free! However a ride will be much appreciated. He lives about 10 minutes away. If no one is willing to take some time out before the tournament to help the hardest working man in the community, then I have to add an extra $2 venue to accommodate him.

We had a great turnout last time. Let's not kill the momentum entirely, we've delayed this enough as it is.

Will update with any new potential info as it comes. Meanwhile...

...Get fucking hype, and show everyone that people actually do play these games. Because if you don't, you may get replaced in 2011. See you there.

Blade tournament?

Unlim character tournament?

o_o

I'm tentatively coming to this one. MY schedule can be tricky but so far I think this day is free.

Alright, keep me updated.

I'll be attending, along with Dr. Onblast, LordPangTong, and Danny Schme. I'll see if other NE players are interested as well, since apparently we just love Blazblue.

Yo I'm in there for everything. Should be bringing Doomie as well. Need a teammate who doesn't mind pairing up with my free ass. My offer of bringing a freemcboot ps2 or just the memory card and a copy of mbaa still stands.

Also, ril how/when you getting up there? Might be able to come pick you up (if i drive) since I'm driving north anyway.

Yo I'm in there for everything. Should be bringing Doomie as well. Need a teammate who doesn't mind pairing up with my free ass. My offer of bringing a freemcboot ps2 or just the memory card and a copy of mbaa still stands.

Also, ril how/when you getting up there? Might be able to come pick you up (if i drive) since I'm driving north anyway.

dude, if we got up, we are teaming. hazama/tager is ard.

we in there.

Oh man NE is coming over here as well? GamePad is going to be sooooo overcrowded. Im in and need a teamate.

I'll be attending, along with Dr. Onblast, LordPangTong, and Danny Schme. I'll see if other NE players are interested as well, since apparently we just love Blazblue.

Good Shit

I will be likely attending this one too

Stay gdlk jersey. You confirmed already Doomie?

Oh man NE is coming over here as well? GamePad is going to be sooooo overcrowded. Im in and need a teamate.

Alzarath obviously fell for my bait.. be on my team! ;):keke:

I'm taking the train up. thanks for the offer though.

dude, if we got up, we are teaming. hazama/tager is ard.

we in there.

Yo word. I'll text/call you sometime this week or next planning everything out.

Also, dai, still trying to get casuals going the night before?

Alzarath obviously fell for my bait.. be on my team! ;):keke:

D:

fuck it, I'm just gonna body all of you.

Yo word. I'll text/call you sometime this week or next planning everything out.

Also, dai, still trying to get casuals going the night before?

Always am. Pref Guilty of course, but if we have to...

D:

fuck it, I'm just gonna body all of you.

Wasn't that the goal for you when you were teaming with Mike?

Melty teams?

That many people are going to show?

Hype.

Read.

Good reception at meltybread so far though.