Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FlyingVe

[CS1-CSE] Mu-12 Critique and Self-Improvement Thread

This thread is so you can ask for critique from other Mu players. Other character forums have this and it's about time Mu-12 got one. I hope this will help Mu players develop better and faster and help us share information as we don't have any japanese heroes to mimic.

Pleas try to be constructive, don't just troll each other please.

I'll go first:

FlyingVe vs Heroic_Legacy

FlyingVe vs OmniScythe

I am very aware I dropped alot of combos and got hit by silly stuff in the OmniScythe match. Any thoughts, suggestions, and comments are welcome and appreciated.

Edit: If you play on XBL, I might be able to upload a replay for you. PM me is your interested.

First off, you SHOULDN'T be mimicing jp players anyways. If you do, you just end up being a shadow of that jp player and probably nowhere near as good. That's just my 2 cents on that statement.

vs Heroic:

1. Stop using j.2c randomly so much. If it gets blocked you're screwed.

2. Stop relying on 214d a lot. It comes out fairly slow and if you whiff, then you wasted time summoning those steins and you just exploded them.

3. If he isn't mashing collider, jump and air dash back more if he's close to you.

4. You probably want to use 6c less. Due to sledge and if you whiff, it's devastating. Even on IB if Tager is close to you.

vs. OmniScythe

1. Don't rely on wake up DP so much. If you do, make sure you have 50 meter sometimes instead of doing it without meter.

2. I don't agree with the burst at the first round because it's kind of obvious that one would burst towards the end of the round when you're dying. I don't know if you knew that combo at the beginning of the round would lead to a lot of damage but that would've been a good time to burst.

3. Towards the end of the first round you went for super. tbh, if I were you, I would've gone for a setup.

4. 1:30 I see you whiff 2 moves which is pretty bad....So advice would be to know the minimum and maximum range of your moves.

5. Last round, don't try to mash out anything but DP if you're in a blockstring unless you know you can punish it with that move.

6. Try to 2b more if you see makoto's 3c. That is if you are on the ground and she starts the animation. Free combo.

All I could possibly say is wake up DP is bad... my Mu's not up to snuff yet so I can't give too much advice... plus, the nail has been hit on the head anyways...

So how do I get my replays off the box?

I could really use some pointers.

Tager vs Mu is pretty free for Mu so I won't comment too much on that one.

You let up a free Lvl 3 SoD on the guard crush that was painful to watch. What you really want to do in that match though is 6D 4D 214D, that string is very difficult for Tager to navigate around.

As for Makoto vs Mu... Pretty sure thats in Mu's favor too. As long as you seriously just run away with J.c she'll never be able to hit you. You really have to authorize her with your range. There were so many times you were standing in Mu's strongest range and weren't hitting anything. Of course you have to be slightly paranoid of 3C going under, but what you actually want is her to 3c when you want her to so you can punish it with a fatty combo. Harassing her at those ranges gives you those opportunities. Oh right, block on wakeup and confirm your DP clashes because that move WILL clash a lot.

General Critiques would probably be... why are you using 2A when her 5A hits both characters crouching? Stop doing J.c (blocked j.2c) you really should be hit confirming that.

So how do I get my replays off the box?

Get a capture Card. I might be able to help if you can upload one to the leader-boards. PM me if you have one.

Yeah, I was being scrubby/stupid/bad during the Omni match, but you learn more from defeat than victory. The wiffs are a case in point. Thanks for the input Aginor/Pulsr. Do you think that the setup is always superior to the Super in that situation (barring killing the opponent)?

Edit: I just checked the date on the Omni match, it's reeeaaalllllly old, which would explain alot of the blatant stupidity.

Get a capture Card. I might be able to help if you can upload one to the leader-boards. PM me if you have one.

Nope, don't have one... I'll look into getting one though... I'll let you know when that happens.

Thanks.

I would say so. I personally feel sacrificing damage for a superior setup is mostly the better choice, pending you feel the opponent will get hit by the setup. The damage you get from the setups is most likely the more damaging.

I wish I could get some videos of me playing up. Anyway one of you guys could help me?

By the way, FlyingVe. Very nice Mu there.

Great idea with this thread. I should record some replays; I've hit a block with my Mu recently and don't know what I'm doing wrong. =(

Synthesis, if we play I could record the saved replay. Or maybe you could send Flying or me your replay save file and we could record whichever ones you want (I think you can copy those...)

Why is using 214d liberally vs tager bad? When you're fullscreen and do 6d 4d 214d it seems to be pretty safe... and nets around 3k w/ hitconfirm. What else would you use the stein for if not for exploding?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkq7a6n50CU - Vs Tager (Axis)x2 and Lambda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GhFrHh-XMw - Just first match, vs Jin

Just wanted to see where I'm at from another perspective. Stuff I already know:

-Mash DP much much much less.

-j.2C on block vs Axis (and Jin I think) was very very bad, it's a wonder it worked, much less went unpunished sometimes.

-Dropping combos, especially CH j.C and (not sure I landed any in these but) CH 2C.

-Minor thing but I favor laser super a lot... and then don't really finish it all that great (j.C > j.2C > steins).

-Worst thing: I rush that shit down more often and more predictably than I ever really should. You can probably count the number of times I -don't- approach with dash (6B / 2B / j.C) on one hand.

-Too complacent (and not methodical) with fullscreen stein spam. Axis could have sparked me quite a few times I think.

...So yeah :v:

EDIT: another thing: I'm not really applying any Tager-specific stuff. Bunch of reasons (tourney nerves, not practicing) but mostly just haven't made time to commit to more than general things for Mu.

I think you can just 214D just a slightly more to discourage Tager from sledging, and there were a few times when you could have 214D his sledges for some damage.

EDIT: I also noticed you do random point blank 6Cs, I think there was a point where you did 6C after waking up from Gadget Finger. It's just DP not executed properly right?

VS Axis (TG)

-End of the second round you did a combo into the gallick gun super. Had you just detonated steins into 6B>Omohikane or dash omohikane you would have killed him.

-Third round. Calm down, you just threw out a super for the heck of it, followed by a DP. If you IB tagers slow moves like 5D it lets you do other stuff.

-In general use 214D when you can combo him into it. It does alot of damage and set's you up for more games.

More generally I think you need to work on using your steins. There's more to them than just pushing D and setting them. Use patterns that set you up to get hits. For example, against Tager, is you have 3-4 steins out in a horizontal pattern, try 236D if he sledges the laser will CH him during his recovery, and if he tries to jump you can punish him for that too.

@Edalborez:

I'm really not a good player and I also lose to tager a lot, but my advice would be to use less C moves in your blockstrings, they become unsafe against anyone who can IB. Mix it up between 5a/2a/2b. Also try to include 214D in your matches against tager, dont abuse it though. I'm all for laser spam, but try to set it up so that it has a purpose other than keeping him blocking. Add some charged D's in the mix as well.

The other thing I noticed is that you set up lots of steins in the air above tager, I wouldnt do that so often, it gives him time to close the gap and if dont space it properly you can be punished for it. I used to do it a lot, since it gave me the impression that it was "safer" to set up steins in the air, I got the feeling that being in the air somewhat protected me from the long recovery of the steins, but after losing matches 'cos of it I tried to tone it down.

-btw- I reaaally envy your connection speed, If only I could play with so little lag Q_Q

Why is using 214d liberally vs tager bad? When you're fullscreen and do 6d 4d 214d it seems to be pretty safe... and nets around 3k w/ hitconfirm. What else would you use the stein for if not for exploding?

1. He can sledge it.

2. You lose all your steins so the time it took you to place all those steins are wasted

Use steins for lasers and the threat that there could be a laser to keep him in blockstun and a mix up that follows it if you so want. 6d 4d 214d is pretty meh. Thing about lasers is that if you aren't sure where your opponent will be, the lasers will still target and hit the opponent. If you want to take off primers, I feel lasers into 63214c is much better for the fact that, Tager's might not sledge from full screen due to 5c.

@Grey: Yeah, point blank 6Cs are messed up DPs. Mostly just mashing too hard/not hard enough.

@FlyingVe: I -am- way too fond of laser super, I just like doing it with 4 steins out of (bad) habit. All of the super scrubby things (mash DP, random super) were mostly because I'd lost like 7 or 8 full matches in a row so I was VERY off what little game I had. Bad habits make me do [6C > xD > 214D] instead of [6C > 214D] when the chance presents itself. Only stein patterns I've done with any regularity are [5D>6D>236D] and, on Tager, [5D>4D>214D]. Never think I have enough time to fire off a good shot.

On a side note I don't know WHY I did that DP after randomsuper. Like I said, losing streak nerves taking over I guess.

@Silfer: Axis certainly taught me how unsafe my Cs were, to the point where I started IADing backwards from 2C (which now that I think of it leaves me open to Spark). I tried keeping high to the air because most Tagers tend to fire a Spark when they think I should fall, Axis didn't go for that and him not firing a Spark at all during my jumping laser nonsense was both smart (make me play too cautiously, something I'm not yet good at) and also a bit overly cautious (didn't realize he had Spark once or twice, could have hit me for sure).

Thanks all for the criticism. Will step up my game a bit before I try for review again

I would also like to add that nobody ever blocks 6B and I find that hilarious :v:

1. He can sledge it.

2. You lose all your steins so the time it took you to place all those steins are wasted

Good points, though I find that when an anxious Tager tries to sledge 6d 4d 214d, they end up getting hit by the tail end of the 4d stein exploding. Tagers shouldn't be stupid enough to sledge while fullscreen, but bad players tend to fall for it plenty. I suppose it's just an annoying tactic vs. scrubs.

I don't have any problem running away from a Tager w/o spark volt, so losing steins isn't a big deal... as long as he doesn't have volt meter I can spam D for a long time while making him respect my 5c. I find that making him block a 214d is a better opening for a rush in than 236d.

Either way is fine, I just think that throwing out 6d 4d 214d is decent at keeping him guessing whether he should block or sledge. If he blocks, I get a primer and a free jump in, and if he sledges wrong he eats a combo into oki.

just as a small thing, learn how many loops you can physically get in the corner, then subtract that by 1 to account for lag, then add a distortion onto it. Last round against Lambda, the first loop had him at less than 5% hp, you could have just 2B>Omohikane'd him to finish it right there. Omohikane is at least 1.5k damage, so if you ever see your opponent with less than 13% HP (varies for different healths but safety net is 10%) just end the combo early into omohikane.

It's kinda like if you the opponent is on 1 burst with 4 steins behind him and 50% hp, if you throw them you're better off doing something like Throw>Yata no Kagami>Omohikane to kill them than to try for a dash 6A combo. If you can win in 50 moves via one route, or in 2 moves via another, take the 2 move option. Less room to fuck yourself over.

Here's another vid from me:

FlyingVe vs OmniScythe

There's alot of somewhat obvious mistakes (bad blocking etc...) in the vid. What I'm really looking for is tips on improving my zoning. It seems like I'm letting people in really easy. Once I get a knock down I'm usually good, but before that I feel like I could be using my tools better. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Since this match I've started using 236A alot more. It's really good at just giving you time.

Okay

First you pick the same color l do =) Second, we kinda play the same too... rtsd city. But with mu this is a huge, huge flaw to have considering she's no ragna.

Explosions aren't so useful if it's not oki because of mak's speed, but 236d appears to be gdlk against her atm. 236a is good when makoto is about 3/4 screen away as it takes a chunk of options from her. j.236a stops that pesky 3c too, so useful if mak tries to rush in from the ground.

l think it was omni that l played offline at a tourney, at least thats what some guys are saying. Well l learned never to jump in on makoto. Even if you try to bait the aa you shall be aa'd. Also extending pressure with 2b will get you punished alot against her. Well it got me punished all the time =( damn habits

Anyways still learning the matchup but that's what i've gathered.

On a side note: Wow omni makes makoto look interesting. No offense ve but.. those combos were mad hype.

Hey guys, I've been following this thread for a while and I'm really liking what I'm seeing.

I've got some videos of my mu on youtube that I guess I'd like to share for critique or w/e.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wor_oUdbsSM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGr9JYaYubQ

those are Vs Arakune on ranked.

Mu Vs Tager

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P2HW3mY38Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4MdNPvBSqs

Nothing amazing really. Just videos for the sake of discussion.

I sure do find the arakune match up to be...scary.

vs Arakune:

It seemed like you were playing the match up well enought, here's my thoughts:

1)Play your opponent. As soon as you identify that the players as an up-back-barrier masher, take advantage of it. Use more airthrows, and when you knock him down, do stuff to bait the jump, not a tech roll. You always did a roll trap in the corner and never stopped him from jumping out.

2) In round one Kune had you in a corner "trap". You kept jumping which was the way out, but never used your second jump to get you. You just went up and fell back in.

3)Command laser takes alot of time to fire, be more sure you won't get punished for it. Commands laser isn't the best in the matchup any how.

4)Try and avoid the clouds a little better. There were a few you shouldn't have eaten.

vs Tager.

1)Know and respect Bsledge's range. If you stay out of it, the move becomes a deathtrap for Tager.

2)once again only use the command laser when you have time to.

3)IB stuff. If you IB Tagers slow stuff his pressure starts to fall apart.

4)If he jumps in alot AA him. If he stars Barriering it, air throw. If all else fails run under him and start pushing D alot.

In general:

1)Hitconfirm better, it seemed you were using alot of 5C>2C to hitconfirm, which pushed the enemy to far away to do 2B after 3C.

*I'm flattered everybody keeps picking my colors. I feel like Kaqn and his white/pink schema.

Hey. It's been a while since I've been on here on dustloop and I wish to improve my Mu-12 as well. I'd love it if I could get recorded by someone here though. Is there anyone I could get together with so someone could help me with my Mu-12?

Hey. It's been a while since I've been on here on dustloop and I wish to improve my Mu-12 as well. I'd love it if I could get recorded by someone here though. Is there anyone I could get together with so someone could help me with my Mu-12?

I'll add you to my Friends List in a few, friend. I'll be on later on tonight if you want to have recorded matches. :)