Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyle

Oct15-18, 2010 Season's Beatings Redemption.

I don't have full brackets, but here's my best memory. Full brackets from Ghaelon in the upcoming days

I ran (2) of the (4) BB:CS pools. It was my first time running brackets, any feedback is appreciated b/c I would be happy to run more in the future.

GG Teams

Full Results (10 teams. $5 per team. 70/20/10 pot split)

1st) Helmonkey/ MarlinPie/ XAQshinor

2nd) Team Won Way Home (Kyle/ Woki/ Zinac)

3rd) Team Mega Fuck You (MacArthur Blunts/ SH/ Titanium Beast

4th) Moroha/ Steve H./ Sesshryu

5th) Doragon Koroshi/ Paul/ Shtkn/

5th) A3 Religion/ Cue/ Alzarath

7th) Team Rape Shack! (BBQ Sauce/ 10 Stars/ DoomieJ)

7th) Team Mid-Tier Trash (KySama/ Sol Bum Guy/ Zoogstin)

9th) Kamui Moon/ Havok/ Jack G.

9th) Vyers/ blueNINE/ NerdJosh

GG Singles

1. MarlinPie (ED/SL)

2. Steve H (KY)

3. Marn (ED/JA)

4. Hellmonkey (BA)

pool1

3. xaqshinor

4. cue

5. woki

5. alzarath

7. kyle

7. moroha

9. zoogstin

9. nerdjosh

9. abare-ky

9. a3religion

13. zinac

13. havok

13. mr. two

13. darkdragon

17. ryan hunter

17. paulcroft

17. vr-raiden

17. 10stars

17. holy order troll

17. stickbug

17. bbq sauce

17. acetrainer

pool 2

3. flash

4. sh_

5. mikez

5. jackg

7. zidane

7. vyers

9. bluenine

9. macarthur blunts

9. bob washington

9. doomiej

13. doragonkoroshi

13. groovyness

13. tinshi

13. sesshyru

17. sparkelord jr

17. titanium beast

17. toiyet

17. megamurderfist

17. blargh

17. kamui

17. keninblack

17. mrquotes

25. shtkn

25. spiking

BB:CS Singles

(1) player progressed from each pool.

The full brackets were in the high 80's-90's for total players.

Pool#1 (32-man bracket)

1st:ZidaneL33t (Babywolfmanlolz)

2nd:Rei-scarred(datASS-bro)

3rd:Date_Masamune (Frankie from Chicago)

Pool#2 (32-man bracket)

1st:JetM(Jason from Arcade Legacy)

2nd:Zoogstin (Final Round Finalist)

3rd:XAQ's mu#12 was INTENSE, great showing.

Pool#3 (32-man bracket)

1st LK

2nd:SHADOWREDzero (On-line MONSTER/1st major)

3rd:TITANIUMbeast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pool#4 (32-man bracket)

1st Kyle

2nd:MikeZ (fuckingMONSTEROUStager)

3rd:GZ-Matthias (Arcade Legacy)

Honorable mention to Cue for bringing a solid Arakune to pool#4.

Top 4 had a mini tourney

results:

1:JoshtheWolfman

2:goodlawdKnight

3:JetM

4:Kyle

BB:CS Teams

Did not run.

Had a blast, I'll do shout-outs later.

Can we expect full results showing every participant any time soon (maybe in a link to save space)?

gg

pool1

3. xaqshinor

4. cue

5. woki

5. alzarath

7. kyle

7. moroha

9. zoogstin

9. nerdjosh

9. abare-ky

9. a3religion

13. zinac

13. havok

13. mr. two

13. darkdragon

17. ryan hunter

17. paulcroft

17. vr-raiden

17. 10stars

17. holy order troll

17. stickbug

17. bbq sauce

17. acetrainer

pool 2

3. flash

4. sh_

5. mikez

5. jackg

7. zidane

7. vyers

9. bluenine

9. macarthur blunts

9. bob washington

9. doomiej

13. doragonkoroshi

13. groovyness

13. tinshi

13. sesshyru

17. sparkelord jr

17. titanium beast

17. toiyet

17. megamurderfist

17. blargh

17. kamui

17. keninblack

17. mrquotes

25. shtkn

25. spiking

It's scarred not scared ;_;. No one will ever get it right I should just be Acidbro forever man. And I didn't get a caption either *sadface*

Ok shoutouts time.

Zidane: EC is so gdlk. I was really bad at punishing stuff when I knew I had the opportunity and the command grab guessing game is just too much. Other than that you got any advice for me in the Hazama matchup? Either way you can take that perfect home to your EC buddies midwest Bang is not free XD.

LordKnight: Mannnn I really wish we could've fought more. I'd never lose to online scrub Litchi again. I appreciate you coming back and being really cool about your loss and offering some Hazama advice though. Watch out for airgrabs and you'll never lose to me again haha. I don't think I even need to say your Litchi is ridiculous.

JetM: Congrats on third man. Your pool was easier than mine though :(. Fantastic casuals all weekend, Jin is a very fun matchup. Also dat Bangrog all day jabjabjabjab. Also getting CH trying to tech out of resets.

Mike Z: I didn't talk to you or fight you the entire weekend and I don't know why. I regret not having casuals with you just to say I fought Mr. Russian Science himself. Good job putting Kyle on blast though.

St1ckBug: We never talked but your comments at times were just hilarious. Shoutouts to you telling me to roll out of the corner when Zidane was raping me.

Zinac: You did a really good job running pool 1 with everything else you were running around doing. This was probably the biggest yet most well organized tournament I've ever been to. Good shit props to you and Kyle.

Dekline: (i think that's how it was spelled): You ain't no wolfman gerber baby but you sure put me on blast. Your Hazama is definitely legit and I respect that. Also everytime I j.D'd 2C and whiffed completely I died a little inside.

Frankie: Nice job getting 3rd in pool 1 even though you were FRAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY lol

Heroic: Fuck you for never fighting me -_- You vs MikeZ was still amazing though.

Matthias: Nice to see you again and thanks for the $1 money match :p.

To anyone I should've given a shoutout too and didn't remind me. To everyone in top 4 I wish I had been able to stick around to watch finals but my friends wanted to leave and I was hoping to catch the stream on someones phone. Not only was it completely shitty on 3G but as I hear grand finals weren't streamed anyway. Oh well I hope it's uploaded soon.

Grats to Zidane and LK.... No surprise as Zidane is definitely one of the best players I have ever played in BB.... Also commentary was a bit stiff the first few rounds with the talking over each other but it was well done after a few comments were brought to light =D I should have been there LK <3 And btw you looked handsome on the stream fuck the haters.

Glad to see Guilty had a good turnout also. MarlinPie is a beast with a really nice Cammy also. Sad to see BB not get GF's (at least) on the stream.... Im thinking majors need to be only top 4 or 5 on stream from now on for all games sides SSF4.

Good stuff to all players for supporting the scene... Long live GG!

There are no vids of anything hype, MMs or vids from BB. After that heartless streaming bastard spooky, who runs the tourney and decides what goes on, kicked BB players to the curb, we took our finals to the sad life bowling corner.

:(

Edit: This is Zidane, frgot to log off xaqs account

Good shit to everyone in BB.

Zidane: You showed me things with Hazama that I never thought possible. Your crazy mixups and chain movement left me in awe. Scrubbing it up with Emba did NOT prepare me for that shit. Good on ya for taking first.

Lordknight: Great Litchi, man. Though I am a little disheartened that all that preparation I underwent to deal with Litchi ended up not being used at all since we never actually fought in the tourney. I'll be sure to get in some more casuals with you next time. Gotta learn that match-up someday.

Kyle: Good on you for making top four. I was surprised I managed to beat you playing as aggressively as I was (relatively). Hope to see you again next AL Ranbats if you can make it. Keep up the gdlk Carl.

Zoogstin: Was great meeting you. It's nice to see more people picking up Carl and actually excelling with him like that. I'll hopefully be seeing you around.

MikeZ: Good shit with Skullgirls. Definitely something I'd like to play, and on stick no less! Shame we didn't get to play in BB. Would have been nice to play one of the players that originally drew me into BB. I've never seen so many 720s land in a match before.

SHADOWREDzero: Been a while since I've seen a good Jin like that. Wish we had a chance to play casuals earlier. I might have learned some new tricks. Stay cool.

Heroic_Legacy: Was cool to finally meet you. Sorry for not matching my Jin against your Tager. Was expecting the pools to run a little differently so I was expecting more of a chance to end up facing you sometime for real. Till then I'll just keep on spinning against you with Valk.

NMatthias: I like how all of the Tagers in the tourney seemed to end up in your pool. Best mirror matches ever. Your match against Mike was pretty hype, though.

Alzarath: Pretty solid Hakumen. I was expecting to be countered a bit more. I know I can get rather predictable when it comes to pressure and poking. I'm sure I'll be hurting a lot more when Rachel becomes a viable character again.

Final shoutout to me not remembering that Jin's 6A does not combo into C mash on crouching Hazama, among other things. Stay free, me.

To everyone, thanks for being one of the best communities around. Stay awesome.

i'm not very good at shoutouts, so i'll just say ggs everyone. had fun even though i had to leave before bb and gg finals to catch my flight. my only regret is i didn't get ot play more bb (but i got to play a LOT of ac). also a big thank you to kyle and the KY crew for letting me stay in their room.

i was the short asian guy without glasses who played Ky and Jin

GGAC Teams Full Results (10 teams. $5 per team. 70/20/10 pot split)

1st) Helmonkey/ MarlinPie/ XAQshinor

2nd) Team Won Way Home (Kyle/ Woki/ Zinac)

3rd) Team Mega Fuck You (MacArthur Blunts/ SH/ Titanium Beast

4th) Moroha/ Steve H./ Sesshryu

5th) Doragon Koroshi/ Paul/ Shtkn/

5th) A3 Religion/ Cue/ Alzarath

7th) Team Rape Shack! (BBQ Sauce/ 10 Stars/ DoomieJ)

7th) Team Mid-Tier Trash (KySama/ Sol Bum Guy/ Zoogstin)

9th) Kamui Moon/ Havok/ Jack G.

9th) Vyers/ blueNINE/ NerdJosh

Zinac, Thank You very much for running singles, and helping me with teams.

Kamui Moon, Thank You for letting us use your pc for brackets.

I was having trouble hearing due to my poor hearing/ the flu. If I got anyone's name wrong, post up and I'll edit it.

Someone post the score for Hellmonkey vs. a3r and MacArthur Blunts vs. I forget.

And any other mm's that went down.

If we don't have vids, we can at least see what it looked like all said and done? :]

mm's make me hype.

And I wasn't even there. D:

I think I ended up just having mm against 3 people

10-3 against a3r, 3-1 pot, 6-1 eddie, 1-1 baiken

he wanted to run it back ft5 so i went like 1-1 slayer or pot, 1-1 robo, 1-1 sol, 2-0 eddie?

ft4 against woki 4-1 baiken

ft3 against vyers won them all with pot

dunno about any other mms that went down

Good shit.

I laugh at your signature, faggot.

You know you go straight home after work and grind AC without telling anyone.

Someone post the score for Hellmonkey vs. a3r and MacArthur Blunts vs. I forget.

And any other mm's that went down.

If we don't have vids, we can at least see what it looked like all said and done? :]

mm's make me hype.

And I wasn't even there. D:

I remember Friday night when I first met the EC guys,

played A3 and went 3-1 (the first sit down). A3 and I continued to get sets in over the course of the weekend and we both fucked each other up pretty bad.

my first sit-downs with EC people went in my favor.

I am the casuals beast. Then tournament comes along and it's :vbang:

Good shit.

I laugh at your signature, faggot.

You know you go straight home after work and grind AC without telling anyone.

haha I can't even remember the last time I went to training mode to practice

I wasn't in a good condition to play saturday night or all sunday but I was too out of practice to deserve winning the tourney anyways

It was still fun and glad I could get some games in against some ppl I never get to see (kyohei, sean, david, bluenine) Was nice meeting Kyle, MacArthur Blunts (nice offense), and NerdJosh too. Wish I had got some more casuals in. Also why the hell didn't I get to play Moroha a single matches all weekend wtf.

Shoutouts to BUBBLEBLOCK, You Shalln't fuck our wood nymphs, 830, fleecebug, AHMAD!, that hazama player who shall remain nameless, duckman, call on tyrone, stefan the beast, and all the other NJ/NY peeps. Stay godlike, stay winning tourneys.

New people:

Mac! Youre the fucking man. Good looking out all weekend, too bad we didnt get to play more, come to NEC. Youll sleep in my room.

Kyle, your may and carl are godlike. liking the new clap-esque loop with carl, holding people up in the air. Good shit running shit back against mike.

MikeZ, sucks you had to sleep with 10stars first night, i got the second night leftovers. Big laddle little laddle was hilarious at 3AM sunday. Stay godlike, your pots and tager are inspiration to a lot of people, i am sure. Why else would there be like...30 tagers in the BB tourney?

Napmonkey, aka david, stay retired. Sorry if the EC kept your nappy self up. Try and get up on our bodymore/other shit.

Bluenine! NEC! lets do a MM. havent faced your may in forever.

Vyers, good shit beating me in tourney. and our casuals were fun. The more baiken exp the better.

DRAGONKRUSHA! good shit in tourney, warrant > beasts. Probably the best game convos i had all weekend were with you, and i respect that a ton.

Stay godlike midwest/WC, you guys rocked. Good tourney even though the BS happened on the stream. Shoutouts to Marn for having fun playing guilty gear.

EDIT: i forgot 100 people.

Sesshryu, Seth, MD peoples, good shit coming out. Seth and Ian, you are some funny dudes. Ian, ill talk to you about the 30th. definatly going though.

CarolinUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Blake and Zoogstin, you guys are fucking awesome. Good times and talks playing out sitting in the fucking parking lot playing guilty and BB. Blake ill see that OS @ NEC!

Kamui, Chase, everyone else from MW: good shit. Mad love for you guys, stay GG or die.

Midwest BB community: Stay getting bodied by team stickbug.

Cue: YOURE AWESOME! thanks for letting me use your stick to play BB. Good shit with that arakune/eddie duo, and good looks on the bowl.

Ok guys you know me I'm really stoned all the time and usually halfway drunk so...

I'm glad I met all the new faces at SB:R and I'm glad we were all friends and gentlemen.

CANT WAIT FOR NEC!!! SAVING MONEY ALREADY!

To everyone I met and played: thanks for putting up with my back-less shit talk and yelling.

To everyone I beat in tournament: play more. Come to NEC. Run that shit back.

To everyone that beat me: thanks for making want to be better at videogames. Come to NEC, I want my run-backs.

It was nice seeing familiar faces make it out as well as WC making an appearance.

Stay gdlk people. See you around.