Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyle

Oct15-18, 2010 Season's Beatings Redemption.

Hm, why would I be offended lol. TE mirror is always amusing, and they were good matches :D

Hm, why would I be offended lol. TE mirror is always amusing, and they were good matches :D

always my favorite matches.

Good shit all the testaments i faced.

Shout outs to everyone in the GG and BB scene. Without your cooperation we could have not had such smoothly ran tournaments.

Kyle, Vyers: I owe you both of you a drink for your help. Without you two I would have not been able to make it through the weekend.

Ghaleon, Fugee: Thanks for the support, resources, and freedom to run the tournaments without interference from the dominant scene.

Thats all I have to say, except that I want to address one thing.

I had to play my little sister in the tournament (SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN IN THE SAME POOL IN THE FIRST PLACE, WTH?!

I'm sorry for both you and your sister, because I did over look that the only AZ players were in the same pool. Saying this, you did have the chance to look at the brackets for yourselves not only on the SB:R thread but before the event began. This also occurred after several rounds of the losers brackets. By the time you made me aware of this, it was too late to float either of you. When you are separated in the beginning of the bracket it is inevitable that you will meet in losers sometimes. It is just the way double elimination works.

DoragonKoroshi: I'm sorry if I left before you could redeem yourself :(. I also play Eddie and Testament btw...

Well, they were shutting the place down for the night so it wasn't really your fault, and also you played Eddie in the first match.

Doomz, Testament mirrors are super fun. Every matchup in this game is super fun and presents its own unique challenge. After I went home, learned how to frc beast and throw warrant. Just try warrant again and see what happens.

I normally don't do shoutouts cause I'm too lazy but:

A3religion: We should definitely get more matches in next time in both GG and BB. Thanks for the Johnny experience. You definitely know him well. It was great watching you fight with him.

Moroha: we didn't get our casual sessions in but good stuff against in the team tourney. Respectable ABA as always.

Steve H: Great Ky. I've been wanting to fight you for a while but never got that chance until now. Twas good to fight such a good Ky.

Alzarath: Yeah we definitely should've played some matches in GG and BB.

Cue: Frickin' Eddie. I'll play you online in some online-lagfree BB... You are mad chill. Good talkin' with ya at Cane's.

Zinac: Man you seriously know how to run a tourney. Good stuff. The GG tourney went as smoothly as humanly possible when you don't count the missing people.

Havoc: Just talking with you was mad fun at the beginning of the weekend. Also had fun with Zappa vs. Eddie. I just wish Dog vs. Lil Eddie wasn't so one sided for either side.

SH_: Why you play so many characters, dang!!! You're so good.

Hellmonkey: I managed to beat your Pot and you give me the Eddie treatment, shame on you! But seriously great fights. Definitely one of the best in the country for a reason. I didn't stand a chance.

Kyle: Carl vs Carl will always be the best mirrors hands down in any game. Zappa vs May is also just as epic. Great to finally meet you. Good stuff with top 4 in BB.

Ky-Sama & Sol-Bumguy: I was honored to team with you guys. I wasn't embarrased at all to team with you guys. You pulled your wait and won some awesome matches. I was quitely screaming like a little pre-adolescent boy when you pulled off some clutch moments. I'm just glad we didn't go 0-2. So good games and stay strong.

Jetm: So I was thinking to myself, "what happens if Jin runs away from Carl... Carl loses." You played that matchup so smart man. Definitely a great Jin. GGs in the BB tourney.

NJ: If I had a motto for your region it would be "Troll Hard or Go Home."

I ran (2) of the (4) BB:CS pools. It was my first time running brackets; any feedback is appreciated b/c I would be happy to run more in the future. I used sheets provided by Fugee/Ghaelon .

I just want to say, I got numerous comments all weekend congratz'ing me on the marriage. THX everyone. It reinforces the fact that these tourneys are just as much a part of my social life/IRL.

MarlinKyohei: Strong or Strongest? Congratulations on your performance in GG &Super fireball 4. =D You’re are almost at that JP level. You could teach AMERICA a lot about these games. Your company is always enjoyable, especially rage-ing with you and Mac & our big damage casuals. FFFFFFFuUUUUUUUuuuuuuu

Mr. Harrison:You’ve gotten better @ GG, it’s not that your CVS2 skills are progressing you, I’m positive by now you have solid GG exp. Good job with the 30 streak on Friday. 0.o

Marn: Why are you still decent at this game?!?!?!?! You’ve always been the worst of the best, but you have also been consistent. Good job over SB weekend.

MonkeyDavid: You’re strong & patient. I enjoyed our guilty immensely. Next time I’ll be sure to jump the throw set-ups rather than attempting to throw tech them. BB got me all messed up on that. Thank you for coming to C-bus. West coast attendance was much appreciated!

XAQZach: We never played. :gonk: good to see you as always. =D I want at that MU#12 dammit! Strong showing in BB pools! XBL? PSN? Or neither?

DavidCue: You outplayed me in GG. Not by much, but enough to eliminate me. Good job in tourney play & tanks for flying out to C-bus… Intimidating Arakune too. =P

Won-ki: You are SB:R GG Team Tourney! DAYUMMMMM. The most fun I had was BB casuals Saturday night with you, JackG, Kevin & Matthias. Thank you for the opportunity. You’ve improved in GG x3 since last we’ve met. =D Hopefully I can be in the PNW soon.

Alzarath: We didn’t play… much respect regardless. I’m glad your S-tier Rachel wasn’t around to knock me out early this year. THX for calling NY guys during the pools.

Chinakyle: We missed you.

Seth: Video was perfect amount of hype/excitement and flash. It kicked off 5v5 the right way. Put that shit on ya Resume!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nicest dressed SSFIV player you were.

Zoog-Austin: Thank you for making the huge trip to C-Bus. Blake travels often, but I was happy to meet my late night Carl mirror buddy.RockemSockemRobots!!!!!!! Ahahahahahah GG was intense, a great zappa with great xp against May. I needed those badly! Dog > May. Ouch. Congrats on top8 in BB, it shows your strong with high placing in your only (2) majors. =D GG’s and next time bro. Good luck with all the real life shit you put off to come up!

Nerdjosh: Your Company is awesome, we quote you often now. Cashier” would you like bubbles in your tea?” Josh,” yeah, that would be godlike!” Your letting GG slip, keep at it man!

Abareky/SolBumguy(didn’t catch your names): I was very happy to meet you and your sister, I’ve been doing this for many years and thought I had met every good player except with the few exceptions in Cali. You two proved me wrong and make me feel good about the community as a whole; it is greater than 1- person can see. PLZ PL ZPL ZPLZ PLZ PLZ PLZPLZ PLZ PL Z keeps up with Guilty Gear. You two had a good grasp of the concepts and can go far with some specific training. I’m not sure when I’ll be in your Home state next. But when I do, I would enjoy some casuals.

AhmadReligion: Monster Casuals, it will take more tourney’s to play like “that” when it matters tho. Keep at it. You’re strong. NY is beast.

ChaseFCKINGmagic: THX for being my teammate. We will B more now that you know I play it too much.

MattHavok: What’s the problem bro? You fight me often enough to get tourney wins against meh May, SB:R shouldn’t have been so free for me. Think about your mistakes and do something different! See ya @ Arcade Legacy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. twoZachary: You almost best NerdJosh!!!!!!!!! I’m proud of you for picking up GG so seriously. Gold Burst are Invincible, you must punish with an air throw or even a ground throw!!!!!!!!! Now you know. See ya at Arcade Legacy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darkdragon: XBL NAH Let’s GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ryan hunter: I didn’t meet you… apparently you’re a strong Cody player……????? I’ glad other people

are playing Guilty Gear.

PaulC-BUS: You owe me some BB son!

Vr-raiden: I miss your CT Ragna. =( Glad to see you make it out. We needed some offline casuals. Didn’t happen. =(

10stars. – You get the award for most improved player. Our matches were very impressive, solid Defense, Great Counter assaults. You could have made top 8 if the pools were organized differently. Keep at it.

Stickbug: You played well in bb, don’t be so discouraged about your game/character. & Fuck you plainface.

bbq sauce: Your chill, thx for sticking around in the pool and making your matches run so smooooooothh.

flash: Consistent as always. Good Shit with Super4 as well.

showard_: We didn’t chill enough, just some. I’ll see ya sooner than later.

MikeTAGERRRRRRz: GG was murder, your pot is intense & I’m garbage at that match-up. Thank you for flying out from Cali, much love for GG. Good game in BB as well, I enjoyed our casuals on Friday… the 720 set-ups never end. Hahahahahha. Glad I could introduce Canes chicken to Cali players!

Jackg: casuals w/ Matthias a& won was my favorite time. THX for being there bro. I’m be seeing you A LOT shortly. Get at me asap!

Joshthe Wolfman: Funny fuckin tag bro. Your Hazama is solid, but your Anji significantly overshadows him. 3S cancels all day! We will do more BB soon enough. You’re strong. ‘d like to teach you more of the Carl match-up.

Vyers: The trench coat was intimidating, but running teams and being nice was a huge plus. Thx x100. We didn’t play. =[

BlueAlex: Almost beat hellmonkey. Stop TK’ing those OHK’s son!!!!!!!!!!!

MacarthurB: You, me, Marlin. Great times. See ya REAL SOON.

Bob Washington: Salty , bad sportsman ship. I’m glad he beat you later too. THX for coming.

Doomiej: Damn your funny

Mattkoroshi: Out of that rut! Play me moreeeeeeeeee

Groovyness: Your company was a pleasant surprise. BB & GG! Get at me for XBL!!!!!! Where are you from anyways?!?!?1?!?!

Tinshi- Solid offense. Feels good man.

sesshyru: Goos stuff in teams, although… we ever played eachother.

Tittybeast/blakeypoo: THX for the stick, you missed some intense casuals on Saturday. I’m sure the booze was worth it tho. Next time.

EricMOON: Support the scenexN makes me think if you. You’re always put GG in high priority Eric, I respect that.

Kevin-shtkn/shittalking/shitkicking/shoto: I’m glad you stayed with us. Hotel casuals were amazing with you and the gang! I really enjoyed your company, THX for supporting the scene, fucking ADMIN of D-loop. THX for being nice/respectful/enjoyable all that shit which people don’t really say when they mean it. =D

Rei-scarred DatASS-Bro: We didn’t play. I heard you did well… sucks you left we were going to run 5-8 matches but couldn’t find you or shadow red. … =( Arcade legacy maybe?!?!?!?!?!?!

Date_MasamuneFRANKIE!- Jedah makes me happy. Get at me on XBL, I’ve already forgot you GT? :gonk:

JetM: Well done sir! I’ll see you SOOOONN

HIRO-Legacy: Did I technically dodge our MM? Sorry man, if I wasn’t running brackets I promise we would have played for an hour. Best match was you vs Zoogy. AmaZING! Yelling in the megaphone was fun too.

LK: What are we gonna do? Gotta play more. You will teach me things, become strong player. You’ve warmed up some and are more sociable these days, makes playing games and hanging out even easier. Best Litchi hands down. Those pick-ups from abare…. Wow.

SHADOWREDzero: team NAH! XBL players Unite! Congrats on top 8 in your 1st majr!1111111111, seriously to, come to arcade legacy and get an arcade stick! You are missing out, will only get stronger I PROMISE.

GZ-Matthias; Like I said twice mad casuals on Saturday and congrats in your pool placement. Very patient Saturday night and Sunday when it counted!!!!!!!!! Have a drink on me. We’ll be hanging out A LOT VERY SOON!

TomTheDesk/JimTheMedic: I am so sorry bro. x1000000000. I fucked up. Will you forgive me?

Butters: GG’s your ragna was on point, wich you had more carl xp tho.

MightyMar: deargod check out that Mummy! And his clean stick. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm I wann g to Chicago now that I can hang with you, Frankie & Hiro. Next time, peace.

CommanderofTroy!! Sorry bro, I don’t have txt messaging and was waiting on a phone call. Sucks you missed out, You are one of XBL’s strongest, more tourney xp will show have you progressing very quickly I promise. Zoogs and I thank you from the bottoms of our hearts for those late night Tager v Carl Matches.

EVERYONE ELSE:

Please Play Vampire Savior!

Kyle

Ill frc my warrant...

And ide love to see you do it when the round starts.

kekeke. i stay trolling.

I know a way to start the round with tension, but it doesn't work on the first round, and it requires me knowing which button you have assigned to respect.

...you can throw warrant WAAAAAY before its frc point.

Kyle, yeah dude. I kind of purposefully avoided playing you because I wanted to maximize time playing people I never see. But seriously come to AL saturday if AT ALL possible. We'll play until I figure it out. If not then, soon as possible.

Chase, quit that saturday job and come to arcades.

MacArthur Blunts: I would have never expected you to be so nice in person. I loathe Slayer to no end; but your Slayer is too good for me not to be impressed. Your combo's are so GDLK, that 80% one you did on my Ky left me breathless. I've only seen your damaging combo's done by japanese players -- you are Slayer.

Thank you! You two should keep being awesome and playing guilty gear. The scene needs more gorgeous women who know what they're doing in fighting games.

The scene needs more gorgeous women who know what they're doing in fighting games.

Rico Suave, over here.

Nonetheless, this statement is truer than the sky is blue.

Ah man, Kyle I wish we got to fight. I regret leaving early so much now, not just because of potentially missing them redo top 8 but I forgot to have casuals with SO many people. :(

So i'm going to edit this post later and give shoutouts, but first I wanna say...

Why does Mac look like he's a series regular in the show The Office? I don't even watch that fucking show and that's all I can think about when I see him.

8D <33 So glad Kysama and Solbumguy represented them female GG players at Seasons Beatings! <33333 We still have to team up together when we all go to a huge tourney together...

SAY NEXT EVO? 8D

Shoutouts to netplay kings

Shoutouts to late tech 5A

Shoutouts to walking in the cold with a 15 lb VLX

Shoutouts to Amtrak

Shoutouts to Chevy Suburban

Shoutouts to pretty lights

Shoutouts to not staying in Alan's room

Shoutouts to team jacob

Shoutouts to walk up tk cannon spike

Shoutouts to dash j2D rc

Shoutouts to running under Kyle when I got sandwhiched (LOL)

Shoutouts to playing touney in Casuals

Shoutouts to the VSAV cab

Shoutouts to SnoreStars

Shoutouts to Litchi's sexual preference

I'm sorry for both you and your sister, because I did over look that the only AZ players were in the same pool. Saying this, you did have the chance to look at the brackets for yourselves not only on the SB:R thread but before the event began. This also occurred after several rounds of the losers brackets. By the time you made me aware of this, it was too late to float either of you. When you are separated in the beginning of the bracket it is inevitable that you will meet in losers sometimes. It is just the way double elimination works.

I understand...I suppose it was an honest mistake (even though both us of share the same last name+state and some people from SoCal were seperated, IIRC) and I appreciate the fact that you tried to help even though it was already too late...We never saw the brackets-- online, because we were busy getting ready to leave (we worked on Wednesday night), and then because we arrived at the venue late (our fault, I suppose LOL)...It is just that the main reason why I went (GG-wise) was so that I could redeem what happened at EVO (no one's fault, of course)-- had to play the two best Johnnies in the US (and used HOS/Sol, LOL) so of course, I placed last and looked like a total JOKE/n00b. But because my sister played Moroha in her first match, and I won my first, I convinced her to random select and eliminate me (I wanted an IK, though) so that BOTH of us would get at least ONE win. BTW, we did not go whining to Fugee or anything; he simply checked up on us (as he did everyday, because we are friends), then the topic came up, and he had a small problem with it, I suppose... Regardless, it is over and the event was GREAT.

GREAT JOB placing high, running GG and helping organize teams-- it made a event much more worthwhile for everyone, thanks <3

Sanoshi: Heh, do not worry, we will come and see you as soon as we are allowed to request off (next year FTL) <3. As for EVO, us WC GG players tend to be very lazy (look at AZ, LOL), so I doubt there will even be a GG team tournament at next year's EVO. But it would be great to sit back and relax (assuming we will ever play seriously again) while your Bridget (Dat Bridget) OCV's people... Anything happening in SoCal between January-April?? :3

Kyle:...Geeze...:sweatdrop: All of this credit is making me feel guilty. It was nice to meet you as well-- please come to AZ someday-- you will be the guest of honor and I am certain that everyone will come out just for you^_^

@Kyle: I play on PSN but i'm not even on much. Even when I am on it's usually either zidane or mynus playing and not me.

P.S. We need to play F:UC that's my main game! lol.

Shoutouts to not staying in Alan's room

Shoutouts to Alan's room actually being Andy's room.

Shoutouts to booking rooms that I didn't book.

Shoutouts to me for being gdlk.

kyle ~ thanks for fucking me up in bb and showing me carl. And yeah i was scared in gg

mac blunts ~ nice combos..best i'v seen from a usa slayer. Hopefully we will smoke next time i c ya

xaq ~ good job in beating me in gg. Its always nice to hang with you and other ny doods

hellmonkey ~ also great job at beating me in gg. Glad we got to talk monday for so long I think its the longest time I'v ever spent talking with you. Also i owe you a trip to the strip club next time we meet YOU got that cute flight attendant to shake her tits in my face for like..5 mins @_@

Doomie J ~ thanks for letting me use your stick all day :)

Tit Beast ~ good to see you still love gg and your rag is solid!

Stick bug ~ sorry we didnt get to play

Moroha ~ glad to see / talk with you get kenji back in the game !!

Heroic ~ great tag hope to see you at some tournies soon!

Nerdjosh ~ fuck man it has been to long already move back to omaha

A3 ~ beast jonny thanks for letting me team with you. Untill next time

woki ~ Glad to meet/see ya Your dizzy had nice combos you just gota block a lil better :) I could tell the more we played the better you were getting

Alz ~ dont think we played at all but good shit in teams you did the best on steve h!

sol bum/ ky sama ~ sorry i didnt talk/play ya girls scare me :8/:

Zoog ~ good zappa keep playing gg

Zadane ~ grats on winning bb you were my pick to win. You gota stop telling people i'm better then what i am tho... Online lag match now!!

LordKnight ~ Good shit on fuckin me up all weekend hopefully we can play online if the connect isnt to bad.

I know i prob forgot some folks for that i'm sorry. I really had a great time and wish/hope to travel again soon though it might be very unlikely .

Big thnks to zinac/chase for running shit ( for free? ) I know i'll see ya around

hellmonkey ~ also great job at beating me in gg. Glad we got to talk monday for so long I think its the longest time I'v ever spent talking with you. Also i owe you a trip to the strip club next time we meet YOU got that cute flight attendant to shake her tits in my face for like..5 mins @_@

lol what

Tit Beast ~ good to see you still love gg and your rag is solid!

:psyduck:

Well, they were shutting the place down for the night so it wasn't really your fault, and also you played Eddie in the first match.

Just wondering why you called me " Ky lady" (perhaps because of my gamer tag?) lol. I actually forgot I played Eddie against you, I'm really weak vs TE with Eddie, 'cause I never get to play match up... GG's.

Thank you! You two should keep being awesome and playing guilty gear. The scene needs more gorgeous women who know what they're doing in fighting games.

I really like GG, but to me, it seems like only the hardcore players and me and my sister love it back these days :(. That makes me sad...

Sanoshi: My sister pretty much summed it up. Although she does have abit more enthusiasm than I do for GG... again, is anything happening in SoCal around January-April?

:kitty: Oh, and keep playing that Guilty Gear XX:Accent Core!

Kyle: I... don't know what to say.. all these compliments are making me feel guilty.. It was awesome to meet you too! If you do ever make the trip out to AZ, I'm sure everyone would be honored to play you :).

bad with individual shoutouts so will just say that I had a blast playing u guys, and talking shit when applicable (nothing ever hurtful, just fun stuff with hellmonkey and stickbug) so good stuff all