Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyle

Oct15-18, 2010 Season's Beatings Redemption.

Woki and Sol Bumguy, I don't know why people always tend to think I'm some douchebag because of the things I say online. That is why it is called trolling and seriously I think it is fun sometimes to switch up the monotony of GG to everyone. I don't have a mean bone in my body. Mac, Hellmonkey and I got along fine when I was there unless there is something I don't know. They understood the trolling I don't know why no one else does. Also it wasn't pity matches (Sol Bumguy), I really missed playing with those characters so much so that I actually started practicing with them again. As I say this though about trolling, I add more to my plate...

Well, you did have those games with A3R... ;^)

Now to be completely honest I was really hyped to meet you in person after so much I have heard about you. I thought to myself that I wanted to play one of the best Pots America has seen. Even though we had a bumpy start I felt everything was cool. You see now I was cool and shit but then you say something like this to troll. Commencing counter-troll:

I believe your still salty.....I'll explain why.

Your Salty I downloaded you in one match.

Your Salty because I beat you easier than I beat Hellmonkey's Pot or Jan's Pot or Marlinpie's Pot (Yeah Marlinpie's Pot).

Your Salty I beat you so thoroughly in a matchup that is terrible for Johnny.

Your Salty I beat you 9 straight

Your Salty that when Zinac called you out on it, you told him that you were sandbagging, and that Hellmonkey told you to mess with me.

Your Salty that you then proceeded to lose 3 more times to me.

and Lastly Your Salty for losing to training mode.

Good shit for keeping it, Mike (EC inside joke).

Excellent counter-troll, except for the egregious spelling errors, but my joke was based on the fact that Yeknom destroyed you. Whether or not I suck has no relationship to that. :^)

End trolling.

You're a nice guy, I'm happy we met. Heck, I'm happy people somewhere still practice GG. In reality I was only mad at myself for being so bad at a game I used to play and losing to (what used to be) obvious stuff, so my apologies for being a jerk. I'm just sad you're 3 years too late.

If I get anywhere at tournaments, take it as a comment on American GG. (^.^)

yooooooo watup people

rarely post i just wanna say it was great chillin w/ the GG peoples it was fun times watchin and play mad matches

shoutouts to Sadlife dance and I'll see most u guys at NEC

Woki and Sol Bumguy, I don't know why people always tend to think I'm some douchebag because of the things I say online. That is why it is called trolling and seriously I think it is fun sometimes to switch up the monotony of GG to everyone. I don't have a mean bone in my body. Mac, Hellmonkey and I got along fine when I was there unless there is something I don't know. They understood the trolling I don't know why no one else does. Also it wasn't pity matches (Sol Bumguy), I really missed playing with those characters so much so that I actually started practicing with them again. As I say this though about trolling, I add more to my plate...

I suppose partially because this is GG/Dustloop, NOT Marvel/SRK, etc? Being on SRK for a very long time, I am used to people putting on a facade online (especially us Marvel players-- some of the meanest people online ex. Dasrik-- R.I.P. ; actually turned out to be one of the kindest, most helpful people out there), but when you treat both forums & communites as different (like they are) and know nothing about the person who is "trolling", you can never be too certain (even if you are aware that some or most of what they say is most likely joking/trolling, how can you be 100% certain?)...Regardless, even though I am socially-retarded, it was good to speak with you at SB5, and you are/seem to be a very real, kind man^_^

Also, shoutouts to the flu...

Excellent counter-troll, except for the egregious spelling errors, but my joke was based on the fact that Yeknom destroyed you. Whether or not I suck has no relationship to that. :^)

End trolling.

You're a nice guy, I'm happy we met. Heck, I'm happy people somewhere still practice GG. In reality I was only mad at myself for being so bad at a game I used to play and losing to (what used to be) obvious stuff, so my apologies for being a jerk. I'm just sad you're 3 years too late.

If I get anywhere at tournaments, take it as a comment on American GG. (^.^)

The thing about being late is you have to be absent. I was playing GG long as or maybe even longer than you. I didn't go to tourneys back then bc my son was just born and I needed to take care of my obligations to him my gf, job and my apartment. I apologize I didn't fly out when I needed to take care of those things. Also he didn't destroy me but I guess you could make it how you feel it. Also personal opinion I think people that feel the need to use spelling errors on the Internet as a legitimate rebuttal to someone is pretty asinine. On a format where 5 letter acronyms and using letters to signify words is commonplace grammar was the first thing to leave the building. I have always been around playing GG, I just haven't been traveling is all so I couldn't be late for a party I was already in.

Woki

From what I was told about his time at SB:R he was just trolling you (hoping you picked up on it I guess? He's not very obvious sometimes lol) and that he actually liked you and did not think you were a douchebag.

What i learned at SBR:

GG - I dont even play this game option select

Win - HAHA you suck i dont even play this game.

Lose - Awww man you suck i dont even play this game.

I was going to actually write an article but I didn't have enough pictures to cover everything that happened for GG, so this will have to do.

mo1.jpg

So this is Momo, the venue where SB:R took place. I think it's mainly a cafe but it pretty much has everything. I can't really explain. One thing I can say for sure is that they have really good bubble tea.

mo2.jpg

I got there on Friday night and people were already playing GG casuals. Oh, I see one of twins in the picture.

mo3.jpg

All of those tvs in the picture (and we had like 2 more, I think) were used for the GG tournament later, and one thing I really liked about SB:R was that we got our own area just for GG. Thanks a bunch to whoever's responsible for this.

mo4.jpg

This is the main hall where SSF4 was set up. There were just so many people. Luckily, people never blocked the way to the bathroom.

mo5.jpg

The best thing about SB:R was that they closed at 3am (supposedly), meaning you could really play all you wanted. I was going to play Tekken a little, but I had to play GG... you know.

mo6.jpg

Another thing about SB:R was, because they stayed up so late (till like 4am? Man... those Marvel/SSF4 players...), things got delayed so much the following day... The store just wouldn't open on time, lol.

mo7.jpg

The GG tournament was very competitive. There were so many strong players and the bracket wasn't that big, so you ended up playing against really good players early on. This one's Hellmonkey vs Cue, which happened very early in the tournament.

mo8.jpg

This is JackG vs MikeZ, as if it was a color match. Btw, so far I've seen 4 players who'd only pick that green color.

That's pretty much it. After I got eliminated in the singles, I just kept playing casuals, so there's no more picture and I didn't get to stay for finals.

Btw, GG was pretty hype at SB:R with StickBug around, OMG. :thumbu::thumbu:

^Wow dude. Thanks for sort of chronicling the even. I was sort of sad about the abrupt end, but it's really hard to resist the urge for casuals, so I can't blame you for that. Stickbug certainly did contribute 99% of the total hype.